Sportsound Watch

So mostly bullshit then.
Hamilton and Livingston are Premiership clubs. It's not just their business model it's their community model. Quite why folk would want to deprive hundreds of kids a place to play is beyond me. It gives hundreds of kids something to do. It helps teach them discipline and values. It encourages a healthy lifestyle. It helps them make friends. It helps the good ones develop. Anyone wanting to take that away based on bullshit is a bit of a dick.
There's enough money in the Premiership? Is there? For whom?
How are games a lot better on grass? A lot better how? How is it better to watch? 
The game is different how? Different compared to what? On what pitch was the standard game measured? When was it decreed? How was it decreed? I assume all grass pitches meet this standard?
It's almost as if all pitches, regardless of surface, play different to each other. Crazy.
The 'awkward' bounce is a lie that only the most dribbling of morons regurgitate. What is a 'normal' bounce? When was it defined and on what pitch? I assume then that all grass pitches meet this standard?
Regarding 'the ball skidding off the surface' just apply the last paragraph to that piece of nonsense.
It seems that it's mostly players on the losing side who complain about artificial pitches. Also a lot of players are thick as f**k and will just parrot what they hear.
Won't someone think of the children type post.

In our game away to Livingston, you could see the ball holding up on the surface whenever someone tried to run with it, and dropping balls just died. It was the equivalent of a water logged grass pitch.

It's a poor surface.

Hamilton's has been the same for years.

They shouldn't be forced to change it, but nor should it be ignored that it's going to bring about a poorer brand of football, as it's almost impossible to play any form of game with quick passes.

So mostly bullshit then.
Hamilton and Livingston are Premiership clubs. It's not just their business model it's their community model. Quite why folk would want to deprive hundreds of kids a place to play is beyond me. It gives hundreds of kids something to do. It helps teach them discipline and values. It encourages a healthy lifestyle. It helps them make friends. It helps the good ones develop. Anyone wanting to take that away based on bullshit is a bit of a dick.
There's enough money in the Premiership? Is there? For whom?
How are games a lot better on grass? A lot better how? How is it better to watch? 
The game is different how? Different compared to what? On what pitch was the standard game measured? When was it decreed? How was it decreed? I assume all grass pitches meet this standard?
It's almost as if all pitches, regardless of surface, play different to each other. Crazy.
The 'awkward' bounce is a lie that only the most dribbling of morons regurgitate. What is a 'normal' bounce? When was it defined and on what pitch? I assume then that all grass pitches meet this standard?
Regarding 'the ball skidding off the surface' just apply the last paragraph to that piece of nonsense.
It seems that it's mostly players on the losing side who complain about artificial pitches. Also a lot of players are thick as f**k and will just parrot what they hear.

There's no even any point. [emoji23]

Plastic pitches are amazing I wish there were more

How the f**k can a spectator dislike a plastic pitch ffs. Trying too hard to be pundit like.

It's unnatural, and looks totally different.

Plastic pitches have evolved very well, but I believe football is best when it's played on grass. The vast majority of players and fans agree.

I don't particularly care that much about the issue, but anyone denying the above is trying far too hard to be a football hipster.
Yours is meaningless cliche post.

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There's no even any point. emoji23.png

Plastic pitches are amazing I wish there were more

So you have zero argument to add to the debate then?

Who said all 'plastic' pitches are amazing?

So you have zero argument to add to the debate then?
Who said all 'plastic' pitches are amazing?

Im not debating with you and to be honest I skimmed over your reply after you said what I'd posted was bullshit, it's a subjective opinion, I said that. If you like them then great.

My opinion is they aren't very good in comparison to a good grass park and I'd much rather watching games being played on a good grass park. That seems to be the opinion of the majority too which is why there is this discussion.

There's no way to measure how good a game of football is to watch it just comes down to opinion. I've said I don't really agree with some of the arguments made against plastic pitches too, I think they are over exaggerated to make a point.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

In our game away to Livingston, you could see the ball holding up on the surface whenever someone tried to run with it, and dropping balls just died. It was the equivalent of a water logged grass pitch.

It's a poor surface.

They shouldn't be forced to change it, but nor should it be ignored that it's going to bring about a poorer brand of football, as it's almost impossible to play any form of game with quick passes.

I think the problem with Livingston's pitch is that they have far, far too many rubber pellets on it. 

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a poor surface.

You do realise that Hamilton’s pitch is a new one this season?

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Our new pitch has been the same for years?

I've not seen a game on your pitch this season so had no idea it had changed. The last two seasons at least it's been that way.

I don't really have a problem with either. I'd say what I struggle to cope with it adapting to play between the two surfaces. Personally, I play a lot of my fives games on 4G and haven't had many related injuries due to them. When the body really starts to hurt is when I played a couple of games on grass in between, leading to my legs aching in places that I've never really been aware of (it was my hips btw).

I would say taking personal experiences into account, I think the issue isn't that 4G is bad, but having to adapt to from 4G to grass then back again while playing football at the intensity that professional clubs do so, is more along the lines to the issue where injuries are more likely popping.

You can't really ask the smaller clubs to take away the 4G unless they are were compensated for the money they make back or save from using them, nor can you ask the bigger clubs to move to 4G when some of the grass surfaces work just fine for them. Unfortunately the right solution here is pretty hard to pin down IMO.

The claim that sponsors or TV companies would be put off investing in or covering Scottish football because Hamilton and Livingston have an artificial pitch is laughable.

Said sponsors and TV companies would have zero idea who Hamilton and Livingston are. They only thing they'll about such teams is when Celtic and Sevco play at their grounds.

On 09/12/2018 at 13:58, DA Baracus said:

Billy Dodds just said the following;

"It used to be 'last man' but now it's about stopping a goal scoring chance."

Remember that he actually played football at a good level for many years as well.

On 09/12/2018 at 14:28, Wasperoonie said:

Many, many, many things annoy me about Dodds...but him calling Richard Gordon "Rich" at every turn..especially as nobody else ever calls him it, is painful.

Dodds after a painful, angry and extended (over 2-3 programmes if I recall correctly) exchange, conceded to Jim Traynor that he would happily go down in the penalty box with the slightest of touches, thereby exaggerating or embellishing the extent of the contact, but "never dived". 

The fact Dodds saw nothing wrong with that statement - the contradiction, the thickness etc - says all we need to know as to the extent of the insight and analysis he offers us each week......

The blatant clamour by comrades in arms to get him back into Dundee after he shafted them was shocking but would have spared us his musings. I'm glad (to date) he hasn't a job there but then again, we still have to suffer his god awful interjections. 

I liked him as a player for Scotland. I absolutely despise him now. Never meet listen to your favourites become pundits when their playing career ends. McFadden is also heading that way unfortunately. 

53 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Never meet listen to your favourites become pundits when their playing career ends. 

How many listens was it before you reached that conclusion OR are you still choosing to listen despite giving this advice?

21 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

How many listens was it before you reached that conclusion OR are you still choosing to listen despite giving this advice?

I assume you're looking for quantitive evidence before deciding whether to follow my advice? You must have been burnt blindly following the statements or advice of other faceless posters on this message board. I understand your caution!

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The claim that sponsors or TV companies would be put off investing in or covering Scottish football because Hamilton and Livingston have an artificial pitch is laughable.

Said sponsors and TV companies would have zero idea who Hamilton and Livingston are. They only thing they'll about such teams is when Celtic and Sevco play at their grounds.

Sky would broadcast from inside a volcano as long as one of those two were playing.