Sportsound Watch

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Your second paragraph is applicable to the vast majority of people involved in Sportsound. Off the top of my head, all of the following are involved regularly and should be nowhere near the show and really should be punted immediately on the basis of being shite and lazy;

Pat Bonner

Willie Miller

Chick Young

Derek Ferguson

Scott McDonald

Allan Preston

Billy Dodds

John Hughes

Alex Rae

Kris Boyd

James McFadden

Peter Houston

Kris Commons

Agree with all of them. They add nothing that the average punter couldn’t come up with. Alex Rae is on a different level, maybe even as bad as Bonner. He talks like a wee ned and spouts nonsense from the word go. Was it Michael Stewart who tied him in knots over his ‘Scottish football needs a strong Rangers’ comment. Eventually admitting that, in actual fact, Scottish football didn’t need a strong Rangers :lol:

Edited by IrishBhoy

Your second paragraph is applicable to the vast majority of people involved in Sportsound. Off the top of my head, all of the following are involved regularly and should be nowhere near the show and really should be punted immediately on the basis of being shite and lazy;
Pat Bonner
Chick Young
Scott McDonald
Allan Preston
Billy Dodds
John Hughes
Alex Rae
Kris Boyd
James McFadden
Kris Commons

FTFY

10 hours ago, killiemilan said:

What did he say?

The lowlight for me was at a Kilmarnock corner in the second half. Stewart overhits it, several players run near post. 

"Every Kilmarnock player runs near post there, that's how they got their goal on Wednesday night. I think it was........... (unbelievable amount of time passes).......Broadfoot or something that scored it.....Anyway it doesn't really matter."

Also a really weird moment before the game where he completely broke character, threw off any semblance of impartial reporter, and starts talking about how much he's been delighted to see Callum McGregor's recent form.

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

FTFY

I'd go more with this list. I actually quite like Ferguson and Dodds. Houston I don't really have an opinion on. 

The rest of the original list is confronting though, what an appalling amount of shite. The worst thing is that I'll definitely keep listening. It's a daily hour of Scottish Football coverage, and sadly it'll have to get a lot worse before I vote with my.....feet?.....ears?.....not an easy analogy to complete. 

Billy Dodds just said the following;

"It used to be 'last man' but now it's about stopping a goal scoring chance."

Remember that he actually played football at a good level for many years as well.

16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think that someone needs to tell James McFadden that his employers, the SFA, also are in charge of Scotland’s referees. Not for the first time tonight, he was really putting the boot into our referees.

That's just what Sportsound needs, another pundit too scared to say anything in case he annoys his employer.

Former Celtic and Motherwell striker Scott McDonald has turned down the chance to return to playing after being offered deals by Scottish Championship clubs Partick Thistle and Falkirk, with the 35-year-old preferring to concentrate on his media work. (Scottish Sun, print edition)

Anyone that still listens has been well warned.

Another reason the utter cretins on this show previously mentioned should be fired is that they help drive the narrative, and shit like saying artificial pitches shouldn't be allowed in the Premiership and their propaganda that goes along with it (especially the complete laughable nonsense that it turns sponsors off and potentially stops better TV deals) that is mentioned every time a game with a team who has one is involved, is not just massively damaging potentially but also so out of touch.

It's massively damaging because it will cost clubs a lot of money they haven't budgeted for, potentially blocks clubs getting in to the top league which promotes the hateful elitism that was the reason for the founding of the SPL, but most importantly deprives communities of a great resource that promotes the game, healthy living and perhaps the clubs themselves.

But nah, some fannies who support Sevco and Celtic and so therefore have no clue about finance want them gone so we have to listen to their horrible opinions and lies and see them drive harmful narratives like this.

They're arseholes who need to be held accountable.

26 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Plastic pitches are shite to be fair

'Plastic' pitches. Nice to see you've brought in to the propaganda.

And no, not all are shite, just like not all grass pitches are good.

Next you'll be telling us about how the ball doesn't bounce 'properly' or some such pish.

'Plastic' pitches. Nice to see you've brought in to the propaganda.

And no, not all are shite, just like not all grass pitches are good.

Next you'll be telling us about how the ball doesn't bounce 'properly' or some such pish.

Bought into the propaganda? [emoji23]

And of course not all grass pitches are good never said they were, I'd say that all grass pitches in the top flight are good now though, that's changed a lot over the years you'd surely admit?

The plastic pitches in the premiership are nowhere near them

So are games played in gale force conditions.

Said on the Raith thread that I liked yours and Montroses. Also said how much I disliked Airdrie and Stennys on this weeks match thread. Also understand it more in the lower leagues, the difference in the grass pitches and plastic ones also isn't as big as the grass parks at some lower league games are pretty poor.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bought into the propaganda? emoji23.png

And of course not all grass pitches are good never said they were, I'd say that all grass pitches in the top flight are good now though, that's changed a lot over the years you'd surely admit?

The plastic pitches in the premiership are nowhere near them

What would you say are the problems with having artificial pitches in the Premiership?

I think pretending 4G and grass surfaces play the same is harmful to the debate. They dont. On a dry hot day the surface gets almost sticky. Its noticable. Its also pretty much irrelevant as better players will adjust, and it offers no more incosistency than differing grass pitches or indeed the same grass pitch month to month. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the roll or bounce on a 4G which is often oddly cited. The surface is perfectly flat and true, no divots, no cutting up... Look at the fucking state of the pitch in the **** game right now. Its a fucking disgrace and worse than any 4G I have seen.

I have no issue with people arguing against them but they are going to have to do much better than the lazy arguements you hear regularly

What would you say are the problems with having artificial pitches in the Premiership?

There's enough money in the Premiership for teams to have grass parks of a standard that are better than 4G parks. Sure everyone would agree on that. Although 4G is better than a bad grass park of course. If you asked me 10 year ago I'd have probably been for them because some of the grass parks used to be shocking. Seems to have sorted itself out now.

I don't really want to have a go at Hamilton and Livingston because it's part of their business model and I don't think they are Premiership size clubs and every penny is a prisoner they'll make a decent income from it.

I don't think the game is the same, I don't think it is as good to watch, that's why there is the argument against them. It is subjective but I'd say the players are pretty good judges of it, better than any fan and everything I've seen seems to suggest that the players do not like them either in comparison to grass parks.

I'm not even that bothered, I just think they are pretty shite and the game is a lot better on grass.

I don't buy into the no good games to watch on plastic I think there are some belters, the awkward bounce and the ball skidding off the turf can produce a lot of entertainment and I'm not buying the injury thing either cause most teams train on them. Seen Steven Doris do his ACL with nobody near him when Gayfield was a bowling green.

I actually prefer us playing on them some weeks down in League 1 because the likes of Stranraer and Brechin can be poor, but even they poor parks are a mile better than the surfaces at Airdrie and Stenhousemuir which seem to resemble concrete. Forfar/Montrose/Raith and EF have really nice parks though. Also understand them down here as money is tighter and they can double up as training parks and community pitches.

The grass park is also a shite park in the Rangers game, bouncing all over the place

So mostly bullshit then.

Hamilton and Livingston are Premiership clubs. It's not just their business model it's their community model. Quite why folk would want to deprive hundreds of kids a place to play is beyond me. It gives hundreds of kids something to do. It helps teach them discipline and values. It encourages a healthy lifestyle. It helps them make friends. It helps the good ones develop. Anyone wanting to take that away based on bullshit is a bit of a dick.

There's enough money in the Premiership? Is there? For whom?

How are games a lot better on grass? A lot better how? How is it better to watch? 

The game is different how? Different compared to what? On what pitch was the standard game measured? When was it decreed? How was it decreed? I assume all grass pitches meet this standard?

It's almost as if all pitches, regardless of surface, play different to each other. Crazy.

The 'awkward' bounce is a lie that only the most dribbling of morons regurgitate. What is a 'normal' bounce? When was it defined and on what pitch? I assume then that all grass pitches meet this standard?

Regarding 'the ball skidding off the surface' just apply the last paragraph to that piece of nonsense.

It seems that it's mostly players on the losing side who complain about artificial pitches. Also a lot of players are thick as f**k and will just parrot what they hear.