Sportsound Watch

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Derek Ferguson was sitting behind me covering the Queens game today.
I swear I heard him say that Thistle had brought on Quitongo about fifteen minutes before they did.

He's a smart guy and just said it that early to make up for the delay while the radio signals travel.

Yes, that'll be it.

Nothing to do with him mixing him up with Mutombo.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

On 01/12/2018 at 21:23, Monkey Tennis said:

Derek Ferguson was sitting behind me covering the Queens game today.

I swear I heard him say that Thistle had brought on Quitongo about fifteen minutes before they did.

You'll have gone to sleep with the sound of "I TELL YE WHIT!!" echoing round and round your head, no?

6 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Has anyone ever noticed how bad Richard Gordon is at timing his commentary on trophy lifts?

I know thats not his main job put the roar had gone up & he was still halfway through his speel.

He was constantly rambling shite during sunshine on Leith in 2016. At least the radio didnt cut off like bbc1 did that day though 

I would just like to say that Michael Stewart is becoming very annoying these days. He says he has to suffer people criticising the views he puts forward conveniently forgetting ;

he does receive financial compensation

and the criticism means he is getting attention

On 01/12/2018 at 17:07, IrishBhoy said:

Does anyone have a link to the thread that was on here years ago where Billy Dodds predicted the SPL games over a season and had Celtic and Rangers winning every game, apart from when they played each other where he naturally predicted a draw?

Think it was either ICT or Hamilton he predicted to get about 4 points each over the season too.

On 04/12/2018 at 11:14, TheScarf said:

Think it was either ICT or Hamilton he predicted to get about 4 points each over the season too.

Yeah I’d forgot about that :lol: 

The BBC had the brass neck to show the league table each week, when there was no need. Old firm beat everyone and drew with each other. If it wasn’t so unbelievably stupid it would be funny. 

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Pat Bonner with another trademark performance this afternoon commentating on Celtic vs Celtic's Opponents. 

It's absolutely outrageous. 

I put it on today as I was doing a bit of work in the house. It really is beyond parody. I don’t know what sort of pay packet he takes home at the end of the week, but absolutely none of it is earnt. 

Is there no hierarchy at BBC Scotland who sit and listen to his ramblings and possibly think they could get another person in who has the ability to do a bit of research and inform the listening audience. It actually makes me angry he’s still in a job, he must laugh himself to sleep every night, I know I would be. 

Guest Moomintroll
Pat Bonner with another trademark performance this afternoon commentating on Celtic vs Celtic's Opponents. 
It's absolutely outrageous. 
The British Broadcasting Corporation should obviously be employing someone with a modicum of knowledge around the basics of the other teams within the SPFL regarding Football rather than a Son of Donegal. But then again, whither Alex Rae.

28 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I put it on today as I was doing a bit of work in the house. It really is beyond parody. I don’t know what sort of pay packet he takes home at the end of the week, but absolutely none of it is earnt. 

Is there no hierarchy at BBC Scotland who sit and listen to his ramblings and possibly think they could get another person in who has the ability to do a bit of research and inform the listening audience. It actually makes me angry he’s still in a job, he must laugh himself to sleep every night, I know I would be. 

After Murdo MacLeod (slowly, eventually) stepped-down, the number one priority was to bring in an ex-Celtic player. Any* ex-Celtic player. It didn't matter if he couldn't tell you his own mother's name because she didn't play for Celtic. Just so long as he himself did.

*Unless they were also an ex-Rangers player.

33 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Your second paragraph is applicable to the vast majority of people involved in Sportsound. Off the top of my head, all of the following are involved regularly and should be nowhere near the show and really should be punted immediately on the basis of being shite and lazy;

Pat Bonner

Willie Miller

Chick Young

Derek Ferguson

Scott McDonald

Allan Preston

Billy Dodds

John Hughes

Alex Rae

Kris Boyd

James McFadden

Peter Houston

Kris Commons

1 minute ago, The Master said:

After Murdo MacLeod (slowly, eventually) stepped-down, the number one priority was to bring in an ex-Celtic player. Any* ex-Celtic player. It didn't matter if he couldn't tell you his own mother's name because she didn't play for Celtic. Just so long as he himself did.

*Unless they were also an ex-Rangers player.

Very true. It seemed an impossible task to find a Celtic leaning pundit with less brain cells than Murdo but somehow the BBC managed it. And he has taken things to another level! 

Your second paragraph is applicable to the vast majority of people involved in Sportsound. Off the top of my head, all of the following are involved regularly and should be nowhere near the show and really should be punted immediately on the basis of being shite and lazy;
Pat Bonner
Willie Miller
Chick Young
Derek Ferguson
Scott McDonald
Allan Preston
Billy Dodds
John Hughes
Alex Rae
Kris Boyd
James McFadden
Peter Houston
Kris Commons
Gonna be a lonely studio for Michael Stewart.

5 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Pat Bonner
Willie Miller
Chick Young
Derek Ferguson
Scott McDonald
Allan Preston
Billy Dodds
John Hughes
Alex Rae
Kris Boyd
James McFadden
Peter Houston
Kris Commons

Gonna be a lonely studio for Michael Stewart.

They could always hire knowledgeable folk who actually put in even a bit of effort to do some research.