Sportsound Watch

Much as I agree that Willie is embarrassing in his ignorance of how the Nations League works, he spoke with dignity and pride about playing for his country, no matter the manager - in reply to the thick, fat mess Kris Boyd, who was busy justifying walking out on Scotland and hinting he thought he should have been recalled under Strachan.

3 hours ago, Briannmataxi said:

Willie Miller..jeezo..absolute fanny of a man. How can he not understand the nation's league? It's pretty simple and it's his job to know. Quicker they get thickos like that who are involved in Scottish football coverage to f**k the better

Willie is allowed to make as many mistakes as he wants now. He made very few in his playing career, and probably none against whichever team you follow whoever that is, as you are like west coast journalists and won’t say who you support.

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Willie is allowed to make as many mistakes as he wants now. He made very few in his playing career, and probably none against whichever team you follow whoever that is, as you are like west coast journalists and won’t say who you support.

He's a old slavering fud who shouldn't be near a Mic. Nothing to do with his playing career. FYI I support a side with a far bigger and superior support to yourself you sheep shagging c**t.

His wee "Oh I was gonna ask a question but I wont bother now" line before asking if we lost was McLeish's job on the line.

What a sweetie wife. "Oh I shouldnae say". Don't bring it up then ya flapper.

I also thought Kris Boyd was pretty good last night. No great insights but never embarrassed himself either. Was also the first time I've heard a pundit suggesting picking between Tierney and Robertson as opposed to everyone else wondering how we can fit both in the team.

Stunned to see an Aberdeen fan defending Willie Miller. 

Admittedly I don't understand how the nations League works but then I'm not overly interested in international football so i don't care and also I'm not a paid pundit on a football radio / TV show who really should know how these tournaments are set up.

Last night Miller made a rip-roaring c**t of himself. Not knowing the format, moaning about a game from the 80’s when some boy had a poor game and pondering what would have happened had we lost. That was the sum of his contribution. He gets paid. For that.

13 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Much as I agree that Willie is embarrassing in his ignorance of how the Nations League works, he spoke with dignity and pride about playing for his country, no matter the manager - in reply to the thick, fat mess Kris Boyd, who was busy justifying walking out on Scotland and hinting he thought he should have been recalled under Strachan.

Not sure why this is presented as a dichotomy, but in any case Kris Boyd is absolutely correct in both cases.

1 hour ago, Briannmataxi said:

He's a old slavering fud who shouldn't be near a Mic. Nothing to do with his playing career. FYI I support a side with a far bigger and superior support to yourself you sheep shagging c**t.

You come across like a really nice human being. Not many of these support Hibs, so you are a one off.

1 hour ago, Briannmataxi said:

Willie has you, like most forwards that came up against him in his career, right in his back pocket.

Last night Miller made a rip-roaring c**t of himself. Not knowing the format, moaning about a game from the 80’s when some boy had a poor game and pondering what would have happened had we lost. That was the sum of his contribution. He gets paid. For that.
He is our version of Mark Lawrenson. Always sounds dour as if he doesn't want to be there.

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I usually agree with you, but this is utter bullshit.  Because Willie Miller had a great playing career he's entitled to pollute the airwaves with his uninformed clichéd pish?  Aye, nae bother mate.

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

Not sure why this is presented as a dichotomy, but in any case Kris Boyd is absolutely correct in both cases.

Because one guy proudly played for his country regardless of the circumstances or the manager, and the other went in a huff because he "wasn't being picked" and the team were struggling, declared he was no longer interested, then later hoped to get back in when they were doing better.  I'd say that's a dichotomy - between commitment/playing any time you're needed and selfish sulking/choosing when it suits you to play.   My own personal view is that if it's your country, you should get on with it and try your best.  Others might disagree.

One of the two players here was a great player and a model pro who did his country proud and achieved a lot of great things in his career.  The other is Kris Boyd. 

He was at again post match. He was saying that he would rather he qualified the 'proper way'.

He must be the only person who gives a single f**k how we qualify. As long as we do it I don't care. If we do a fucking Denmark '92 to get to a tournament he'd probably be the only person in the country who had a problem with it. 

Tom English took him apart on his nonsense views. English pointed out just how shite we are in qualifying and how many games we'd need to win just to finish second.

Miller also kept on talking about the Nations League being a 'golden ticket' as well. It's not a fallback, since nothing is guaranteed. It's an additional opportunity, and whilst it's a much easier route to a place at the Euros, you still have to work for it.

One of the other guys later on, perhaps Liam McLeod, was also cracking 'jokes' about the format being almost impossible to understand. They all joke and boast about how lazy and shite they are at their job basically. Punt the lot of them.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

He was at again post match. He was saying that he would rather he qualified the 'proper way'.

He must be the only person who gives a single f**k how we qualify. As long as we do it I don't care. If we do a fucking Denmark '92 to get to a tournament he'd probably be the only person in the country who had a problem with it. 

Tom English took him apart on his nonsense views. English pointed out just how shite we are in qualifying and how many games we'd need to win just to finish second.

Miller also kept on talking about the Nations League being a 'golden ticket' as well. It's not a fallback, since nothing is guaranteed. It's an additional opportunity, and whilst it's a much easier route to a place at the Euros, you still have to work for it.

One of the other guys later on, perhaps Liam McLeod, was also cracking 'jokes' about the format being almost impossible to understand. They all joke and boast about how lazy and shite they are at their job basically. Punt the lot of them.

Don't see what's wrong with preferring to qualify in the traditional way, I'd probably rather we did too.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't be ecstatic if we got through the Nations league way.  Miller said as much too.

Think you're possibly going overboard with Willie here.  The great man has to endure a lot of bitterness from P&B.

Don't see what's wrong with preferring to qualify in the traditional way, I'd probably rather we did too.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't be ecstatic if we got through the Nations league way.  Miller said as much too.

Think you're possibly going overboard with Willie here.  The great man has to endure a lot of bitterness from P&B.

We dont set the route for qualification, UEFA do.

Having a nostalgia fest over a qualifying route is utterly baffling to me. Qualifying is about 1 thing. There are no fondly remember "qualifying campaigns".

Moaning about the Nations League is incredible. Utterly incredible. I dont give a f**k how great Miller was. On this subject, he is so far off the mark it makes him sound like an outright idiot.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Having a nostalgia fest over a qualifying route is utterly baffling to me.

In a way, the Nations League is a bit nostalgic for those of us old enough to remember when Scotland's qualifying group for the World Cup and the European Championships invariably had three teams in it.

Why? Why would you prefer to qualify one way and not the other? What difference does it make?