Sportsound Watch

Michael Stewart has jumped the shark.  I've been thinking it for a while, but his "angry shouty wee ginger guy" schtick is just unlistenable.  First we had a "debate" on Sunday night that descended into him shouting down Thommo on Sportscene, then we were treated to the same shit with MacDonald the following night on the radio.

If he can't control his emotions, then he quite simply shouldn't be doing the job he's doing.  Even the idea that he attempted to embark on a political career is just ludicrous.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Michael Stewart has jumped the shark.  I've been thinking it for a while, but his "angry shouty wee ginger guy" schtick is just unlistenable.  First we had a "debate" on Sunday night that descended into him shouting down Thommo on Sportscene, then we were treated to the same shit with MacDonald the following night on the radio.

If he can't control his emotions, then he quite simply shouldn't be doing the job he's doing.  Even the idea that he attempted to embark on a political career is just ludicrous.

I used to quite like Stewart, but he is now a pain in the arse and thinks the show is all about his opinions- If someone disagrees with him, like you say he shouts at them.  

I no longer listen to the midweek programme as there are now too many idiots on it.  It is bad enough listening to the likes of Scott McDonald at the weekend without having to listen to him midweek as well. 

I also wish they would stop referring to Thompson as Tommo. 

1 minute ago, paul wright scores said:

I used to quite like Stewart, but he is now a pain in the arse and thinks the show is all about his opinions- If someone disagrees with him, like you say he shouts at them.  

I no longer listen to the midweek programme as there are now too many idiots on it.  It is bad enough listening to the likes of Scott McDonald at the weekend without having to listen to him midweek as well. 

I also wish they would stop referring to Thompson as Tommo. 

I think what annoyed me most from Monday was how contrived it was to ensure they had a 'Michael Stewart getting angry' section.

I didn't even think his opinion on the penalty was that big a deal until they brought it up, apparently he had 'created a storm' over it.  Had he?  It just felt like they were trying desperately hard to get an argument segment in.

Cheap rubbish.  His argument about 'factual evidence' and 'biomechanics' was cringeworthy in the extreme.

And Scott Mcdonald is just a total idiot.

On Off the Ball today, Tam Cowan challenged listeners (owing to Stevie Aitken's assertion to the contrary) to tell them of a good game of football they'd seen played on an artificial surface. I like it when they have subjects P&B would love.

Whilst I agree that artificial pitches are not the best for great football it was widely agreed last season that our 3-2 win over Dundee (covered live by sportsound) and 2-2 draw with Hibs were a couple of the best games of the season. Only bettered by Hibs beating us 5-3 then drawing 5-5 with Sevco at the end of the season.

Just now, Dindeleux said:

Whilst I agree that artificial pitches are not the best for great football it was widely agreed last season that our 3-2 win over Dundee (covered live by sportsound) and 2-2 draw with Hibs were a couple of the best games of the season. Only bettered by Hibs beating us 5-3 then drawing 5-5 with Sevco at the end of the season.

You must be mistaken. There has never been a good - entertaining, high quality, worthwhile, whatever - game of football played on anything other than grass. Nobody involved with Scottish football can ever think of one, so it didn't happen.

13 hours ago, ropy said:

On the McHugh incident, there is no way that was deliberate however when I played up the park many years ago that was a penalty every day of the week.

Noticed they never bothered to highlight the Cabbage Patch Striker demanding a red  for McHugh and then applauding when the referee  produced it.

Edited by killiekranky

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

McDonald doing the pitch side team announcement has to stop, he sounds like a fucking secondary school kid who's won a competition. 

He's obviously contracted to them and they have given him a menial job which they think he can't possibly make an arse of and he promptly does. Listening to him and Pat Pakky Bonner on commentary duties is beyond torture.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think what annoyed me most from Monday was how contrived it was to ensure they had a 'Michael Stewart getting angry' section.

I didn't even think his opinion on the penalty was that big a deal until they brought it up, apparently he had 'created a storm' over it.  Had he?  It just felt like they were trying desperately hard to get an argument segment in.

Cheap rubbish.  His argument about 'factual evidence' and 'biomechanics' was cringeworthy in the extreme.

And Scott Mcdonald is just a total idiot.

...but correct

slide tackle2.jpg

slide tackle.jpg

Allan Preston asked, after Falkirk equalised a minute after going behind, "how often do you see that happen?", implying that it's a regular occurrence.

It's nothing of the sort. I can't recall the last time I saw it at a game.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Allan Preston asked, after Falkirk equalised a minute after going behind, "how often do you see that happen?", implying that it's a regular occurrence.

Well, it depends on how he said it. 

"HOW OFTEN do you see that happen?" => "That happens all the time".
"How often do you see THAT happen?" => "That doesn't happen very often".

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

Well, it depends on how he said it. 

"HOW OFTEN do you see that happen?" => "That happens all the time".
"How often do you see THAT happen?" => "That doesn't happen very often".

It was definitely more the first one. There was no doubt he implied that it happens all the time.

On 17/11/2018 at 17:04, DA Baracus said:

Extensive research has confirmed that the "never more vulnerable than just after you've scored" line is utter nonsense.  A durable football myth.

Aye that was unbelievable stuff.

What a dreadfully thick tosser.

He started off with a 'joke' about the format still being barely understood.

He kept calling the Nations League a 'safety net' and was referring to the qualifying group as the 'main tournament'.

He simply doesn't get it despite the others pointing it out repeatedly to him. If you come off as thicker that Kris Boyd then you need to be having a very serious conversation with yourself.