Sportsound Watch

Just now, 7-2 said:

Because Steeeeevie G said he was.

Was this "Steve the simpleton" that stated at the start of his pre match interview, "I'm not going to talk about pitch, but this pitch......Kilmarnock play and train on it every day...."

It's a complete nonsense. We played much better football last year away on artificial pitches than at Almondvale (which turned into a bog around the turn of the year). 

The same people blindly moaning about artificial pitches will be the ones complaining when games are called off or descend into constant long balls.

38 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

All pundits, and the vast majority of fans TBH, are sheep who just parrot the same old nonsense.

The 'never seen a good game on one ' is a belter. Just blatant bullshit. No one ever calls them out on it though.

See the time we outnumbered you at your ground, the 3-4 game when we never won the league, was your pitch plastic then?

I thought that was a cracking game.

6 minutes ago, flood said:

Was this "Steve the simpleton" that stated at the start of his pre match interview, "I'm not going to talk about pitch, but this pitch......Kilmarnock play and train on it every day...."

I take it it is. I just saw a headline on the BBC Old Firm website earlier and was having a quick check in here to see how much of the programme had been devoted to it.  You know the routine. Somebody Old Firm says something, anything, and their BBC outlet takes it on and makes the usual mountain out of the molehill.  I genuinely don't know why people still actually listen to this.

County suffered 3 injuries on grass yesterday, two of them non-contact. They pointed to several studies on the show that showed no obvious difference in injury rates. It's fucking baffling. 

Fair play to the guy from the testing company who basically said that by the pundits saying the top flight shouldn't have plastic pitches but lower league clubs should that they're saying top flight player welfare is more important than that of lower league players. Wish they'd made more of that nonsense. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

, followed by Tom English saying it was having a negative effect on young players coming through

Like happened in Iceland?

My favourite part, was someone, I think McFadden, saying words to the effect of 'the problem is when players are used to training and playing on grass then have to switch to astroturf after so long on grass.' Bearing in mind that this discussion was due to Rangers player Jamie Murphy getting injured yesterday - Rangers, of course, have no artificial pitches at their training ground.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

Because Steeeeevie G said he was.

Their bizarre agenda against artificial pitches has been ongoing for years

59 minutes ago, flood said:

the artificial pitch crap was obviously only because a poor sevco player got injured yesterday. 

I tuned in late, but did they compare the poor sevconian injury to Christophe Berras injury last week on that fatal "grass" stuff that some clubs are introducing? I would bet any money that Berra would be out longer than the sevconian

...Probably all start of an celtic/sevco agenda to move to EPL to escape these killer pitches...

See above

56 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Butter?

Tesco's own olive spread

33 minutes ago, drs said:

Like happened in Iceland?

Exactly

10 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

My favourite part, was someone, I think McFadden, saying words to the effect of 'the problem is when players are used to training and playing on grass then have to switch to astroturf after so long on grass.' Bearing in mind that this discussion was due to Rangers player Jamie Murphy getting injured yesterday - Rangers, of course, have no artificial pitches at their training ground.

Rangers have a high quality artificial pitch at Auchenhowie, that pitch at Rugby Park is worse than Alloa's...

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's no way to speak of your local team's ground Bennett.

Most killie fans would rather have a grass pitch, rumour has it that the players think similarly.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

See the time we outnumbered you at your ground, the 3-4 game when we never won the league, was your pitch plastic then?

I thought that was a cracking game.

A nice under the radar crowd wanking post there. Well done.

44 minutes ago, bennett said:

Most killie fans would rather have a grass pitch, rumour has it that the players think similarly.

They're quite open about it. Mind you, Kirk Broadfoot also nearly blinded himself making scrambled eggs in a microwave so they're maybe not the sharpest tools in the box.