Sportsound Watch

18 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Against my better thoughts, I was listening to the car crash that is Sportsound on a Friday tonight while coming home. They’re all discussing the Aberdeen v St Mirren match. A Celtic supporting guest called Chris said that McKenna is out for 6 months. Billy Dodds says that he thinks it’s actually 3 months. David Currie waffles something about it might be less but he’s not sure. Scott McDonald stays schtum. It’s not even funny any more.

You done well to last that long. I got as far as the gratuitous Sevco comment, gratuitous Celtic comment and some guest revealing he was a Celtic fan and Billy Dodds then saying “oh I’m in the minority tonight then”, all within the opening 90 seconds or so.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You done well to last that long. I got as far as the gratuitous Sevco comment, gratuitous Celtic comment and some guest revealing he was a Celtic fan and Billy Dodds then saying “oh I’m in the minority tonight then”, all within the opening 90 seconds or so.

I wonder if they have any idea (or give a shite) about how or what the rest of Scottish football (outside the bigot brothers) think about their output. Their tongue in still right up Rangers arse despite being "in dispute" with them.

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

I wonder if they have any idea (or give a shite) about how or what the rest of Scottish football (outside the bigot brothers) think about their output. 

There is no rest of Scottish football as far as they're concerned. 

15 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Probably not.

Anyway, why is open all mics about 10 minutes behind “soccer Saturday” for the any score below the SPL*?

Because that (or the same info that appears on bbc) is where they get the scores from & then depends on Richard Gordon keeping up with the vidiprinter.

I haven't listened to Sportsound in ages. The first 25 minutes of this tonight is reminding me why. Darryl Broadfoot completely missing the point with Hopkin leaving Livingston as they try to look for a hidden motive over Miller's departure, followed by old men shouting at a cloud over artificial pitches.

I tuned in as I was making my sandwiches for tomorrow.

The stuff about artificial pitches was pretty astonishing stuff. They rolled out the usual old bollocks such as how 'it's a totally different game', 'they shouldn't be allowed in the Scottish Premiership', 'you wouldn't see them in the English Premiership' and apparently none of them had ever seen a good game on any artificial pitch.

However the truly mental stuff was one of them (James McFadden maybe?) saying that having artificial pitches in the Premiership was affecting the TV deal, followed by Tom English saying it was having a negative effect on young players coming through.

Then they said they were going to discuss if there was a real title challenge this season, so I very quickly turned it off. Utter wankers.

Edited by DA Baracus

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I tuned in as I was making my sandwiches for tomorrow.

The stuff about artificial pitches was pretty astonishing stuff. They rolled out the usual old bollocks such as how 'it's a totally different game', 'they shouldn't be allowed in the Scottish Premiership', 'you wouldn't see them in the English Premiership' and apparently none of them had ever seen a good game on any artificial pitch.

However the truly mental stuff was one of them (James McFadden maybe?) saying that having artificial pitches in the Premiership was affecting the TV deal, followed by Tom English saying it was having a negative effect on young players coming through.

Then they said they were going to discuss if there was a real title challenge this season, so I very quickly turned it off. Utter wankers.

I done the exact same turned it off as soon as they mentioned the title challenge shite !

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I often hear stuff like this without any evidence to back it up.

You then get people repeating it like it's fact. Usually on here.

It's just total pish. I have no idea why they're so massively against artificial pitches.

3 minutes ago, Accies88 said:

I done the exact same turned it off as soon as they mentioned the title challenge shite !

Aye it was just going to be the usual Sevco and Celtic love in that they've done millions of times before.

What absolute cowards.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

'they shouldn't be allowed in the Scottish Premiership', 

Fair enough if they don't like them (most of us don't), but did they ever actually consider why teams have them? Thought not. 

'you wouldn't see them in the English Premiership'

Yes, because it is entirely fair to compare the budget of Accies and Livingston to any Premier League team. 

apparently none of them had ever seen a good game on any artificial pitch.

This is my favourite anti-plastic argument. There have been many good games on artificial pitches, but, because a lot of people don't like them, it gets peddled out the mouth breathers. It's believed because it's wanted to be believed. 

followed by Tom English saying it was having a negative effect on young players coming through.

I'd guess that the majority of them train on artificial surfaces, so that's silly. Accies also have an excellent youth system. 

So yeah, nonsense. 

P.S. Sorry for the multiple quotes, DA. 

the artificial pitch crap was obviously only because a poor sevco player got injured yesterday. 

I tuned in late, but did they compare the poor sevconian injury to Christophe Berras injury last week on that fatal "grass" stuff that some clubs are introducing? I would bet any money that Berra would be out longer than the sevconian

...Probably all start of an celtic/sevco agenda to move to EPL to escape these killer pitches...