Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Absolute mince,if a state broadcasters only focus is on the negative side it is baised plus i'm not demanding anything plus the OF doesn't exist it ended in 2012.

What is the positive side of celtic's transfer window, being knocked out of the champions league to a fairly average team they should have beat and also losing to Hearts?

Should the presenter guy force the pundits on the show to be more positive just because fans will get upset?

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Absolute mince,if a state broadcasters only focus is on the negative side it is baised plus i'm not demanding anything plus the OF doesn't exist it ended in 2012.

Another one to cross off the "Huffy Celtic Bingo" card...

On 12/08/2018 at 19:25, Funky Nosejob said:

I remember watching this at the time. I used to watch with the TV muted and listen to the commentary on the radio (David Begg, I think) as I couldn’t stand McNee. 

Unsurprisingly,  Begg identified the goal as disallowed straight away, so I was a bit confused as to why the TV continued to show the wrong score. I switched to the TV to see how long it would take them to realise.

McNee’s long, awkward pause of realisation when the cameraman eventually zoomed in on the scoreboard was delightful and will  live long in my memory. 

That is indeed hilarious.

However... was the offside rule different in those days?

Couldn't see anything even remotely close to an offside a that goal.

Celtic have had two years of relentless gushing praise from the media.

You'd think they could handle a week or so of deserved scrutiny of a bad situation.

49 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

So, following this logic, let's say for the sake of the argument that Sportsound ever bothered to discuss the lower leagues on a midweek show. If at the end of last season they had a discussion about Brechin going the whole season without winning a game, would it be evidence that the BBC is biased against Brechin if none of the pundits on the show said they'd had a good season? They'd only be focusing on the negative after all.

This complete misunderstanding of what balance means from other idiots like you is what leads to calls for the BBC to give equal coverage to flat earthers, anti-vaxxers and climate change deniers. That's not balance, it's pandering to morons over people who understand basic facts and arguments.

Did you just compare losing 2 games to not winning a game for the whole season,aye that sounds balanced.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Did you just compare losing 2 games to not winning a game for the whole season,aye that sounds balanced.

The point is that balance is not always appropriate.

Celtic have had a very bad week. Missed transfer target, manager openly unhappy, beaten in the league, knocked out the CL.

What balance are you looking for? What positives do you feel the media are over-looking?

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No. I compared a hypothetical scenario of every journalist being negative to the actual scenario of every journalist being negative which you claimed had to be biased, because every journalist being negative must mean there is no balance.

I was highlighting how ridiculous your argument is.

It would almost make some sort of bizarre sense if the Sportsound panel didn't gush all over Celtic every other week of the season, if they didn't have Pat Bonner reporting on almost every Celtic game and if they spent anything close to even a tenth of the time they do praising Celtic discussing around 35 other teams in the SPFL.

31 minutes ago, RiG said:

Probably for the best wastecoatwilly creates a new ID for this site after being dished up a main course of telt from Dunning.

If he had any sense of self-awareness or could navigate a logical process, that would already have happened. So it absolutely hasn't happened.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

No. I compared a hypothetical scenario of every journalist being negative to the actual scenario of every journalist being negative which you claimed had to be biased, because every journalist being negative must mean there is no balance.

I was highlighting how ridiculous your argument is.

Do you just go for the total extreme every time you post , to cover up your ridiculous scenario from your first post?
I'm only posting about one program,the imbalance was not a surprise after the bad week Celtic had but fans on here enjoy Celtic getting hit with a baseball bat.

25 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Do you just go for the total extreme every time you post , to cover up your ridiculous scenario from your first post?
I'm only posting about one program,the imbalance was not a surprise after the bad week Celtic had but fans on here enjoy Celtic getting hit with a baseball bat.

The lack of self-awareness is astounding.

11 hours ago, JTS98 said:

It seems to me that Celtic have had an absolute shocker of a transfer window which left them going into a tricky (but winnable) tie with a weaker squad than they finished last season with. Agree or disagree?

Disagree,French Eddie will be a great signing plus i'm hoping Morgan will get some game time and prove he can make the grade plus there is still 2 weeks left.

10 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

They quite clearly identified a player from Hibs that they wanted to sign, then despite having weeks of a clear run at it, failed to dig out the cash (that they clearly have) to sign a player the manager wanted and who clearly wanted to sign for them. Agree or disagree?

Undecided,Apparently McGinn was in Brendan's house in may and the board fecked it up but McGinn went from not getting a game to Celtic could not do without him. 
For me he is better than Allan and Christie but not as good as McGregor or Ntcham,he needs first team football to stay in the Scotland squad so it's a good move.

11 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

They were absolute garbage against Hearts on Saturday. Agree or disagree?

Disagree, I would give hearts all the credit with a great finish from Lafferty, tynecastle is one of the hardest places to get a result.
I point the finger at Brendan for resting players before a European tie that backfired on him,I'm more annoyed at dropping 3 points than going out the champions league.