Sportsound Watch

Just listened to the podcast. Discussing Celtic turning down the £9m bid from Fulham for Boyata, Kenny Miller, a Premiership manager, said that he didn’t know where Boyata could go now. Well Kenny, basically anywhere but England. He also said that he wasn’t sure whether he could still go to England on loan. Of course, David Currie didn’t help him with these answers and just left it hanging. (I do realise that with David Currie’s knowledge of football, he wouldn’t have been able to answer either)

Sportsound were right to bury Celtic and Brendan Rodgers.  The Champions Path to qualify for the CL is very much in Celtic's favour.  And they made an absolute cunt of it.

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Hughes is a dirty Celtic b*****d.  Actively wanting his ICT teams to get beat by them.

This. If he wasn't high fiving Celtic fans at games against ICT he was wanking over the thought of our (former) players playing in green and white.

https://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Inverness-Caley-Thistle/Inverness-CT-boss-John-Hughes-tips-Celtics-Ryan-Christie-for-Scotland-call-24022016.htm

"I was thrilled to see Ryan come on for Celtic on Saturday. I take great pride in seeing him wear the Hoops. He’s a wonderful footballer."

:yucky

1 minute ago, RiG said:

This. If he wasn't high fiving Celtic fans at games against ICT he was wanking over the thought of our (former) players playing in green and white.

https://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Inverness-Caley-Thistle/Inverness-CT-boss-John-Hughes-tips-Celtics-Ryan-Christie-for-Scotland-call-24022016.htm

:yucky

He's always been exactly the same as that with home supporters at Rugby Park whether he was visiting with Falkirk, Hibs, or ICT, I think you're being a bit oversensitive.

Or maybe he's just mad intae #TB4.

8 minutes ago, Estragon said:

He's always been exactly the same as that with home supporters at Rugby Park whether he was visiting with Falkirk, Hibs, or ICT, I think you're being a bit oversensitive.

Or maybe he's just mad intae #TB4.

Perhaps, he does like a bit of #banter with opposition fans/managers but it does seem to go to nauseating levels when it comes to Celtic.

10 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Maybe a balanced view point from the state provider was to much to ask.

For example?

It seems to me that Celtic have had an absolute shocker of a transfer window which left them going into a tricky (but winnable) tie with a weaker squad than they finished last season with. Agree or disagree?

They quite clearly identified a player from Hibs that they wanted to sign, then despite having weeks of a clear run at it, failed to dig out the cash (that they clearly have) to sign a player the manager wanted and who clearly wanted to sign for them. Agree or disagree?

They were absolute garbage against Hearts on Saturday. Agree or disagree?

They've failed to get through a qualification phase for the Champions League despite it being more than achievable for them to do so. Agree or disagree?

Celtic's problems at the moment are entirely of their own making. Agree or disagree?

There is clearly some degree of tension between the manager and the board. Agree or disagree?

That's how I see the situation at the moment. What do you think should be added for balance? When your club has a bad week, they'll be criticised. Celtic have had a bad summer and have made an uninspiring start to the season. Criticism is perfectly valid and criticism does not always require balance. Sometimes you're just doing a bad job.

7 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

For example?

It seems to me that Celtic have had an absolute shocker of a transfer window which left them going into a tricky (but winnable) tie with a weaker squad than they finished last season with. Agree or disagree?

They quite clearly identified a player from Hibs that they wanted to sign, then despite having weeks of a clear run at it, failed to dig out the cash (that they clearly have) to sign a player the manager wanted and who clearly wanted to sign for them. Agree or disagree?

They were absolute garbage against Hearts on Saturday. Agree or disagree?

They've failed to get through a qualification phase for the Champions League despite it being more than achievable for them to do so. Agree or disagree?

Celtic's problems at the moment are entirely of their own making. Agree or disagree?

There is clearly some degree of tension between the manager and the board. Agree or disagree?

That's how I see the situation at the moment. What do you think should be added for balance? When your club has a bad week, they'll be criticised. Celtic have had a bad summer and have made an uninspiring start to the season. Criticism is perfectly valid and criticism does not always require balance. Sometimes you're just doing a bad job.

You have put a lot of effort in that so will try to answer your questions when i have more time.
First thing I have no problem with constructive criticism,I think the program went beyond that.
Agree Celtic have had a bad week disagree about a bad summer.
 So first question I disagree
2. I'm undecided
3. disagree
4. agree
5. agree
6. I wouldn't have it any other way.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You have put a lot of effort in that so will try to answer your questions when i have more time.
First thing I have no problem with constructive criticism,I think the program went beyond that.
Agree Celtic have had a bad week disagree about a bad summer.
 So first question I disagree
2. I'm undecided
3. disagree
4. agree
5. agree
6. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Between this, and your petted lip on the Euro boards, you're having a bit of a nightmare here.

What kind of planet are you on when you petulantly demand that the media "constructively criticise" a football match?  Your team have failed to organise a defence suitable for their task for years.  Their chickens came home to roost again on Tuesday night and they got rightly criticised for it.  You've got Partick Thistle at the weekend.  Move on.  You don't have a divine right for the BBC to apply the sponge to your skint knee.

This is exactly the kind of meaningless OF self-entitlement that Michael Stewart was criticising Charlie Adam for.

33 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm undecided

:lol:

just come across monday's podcast with the sportsound boys ripping the pish out of some manc journalist.  

is there a thread for ripping the tourist league?  if theres' no there should be.

in all seriousness, good to see our country's pundits not sitting back and beggin for the crumbs nowadays.  

Edited by tirso

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Between this, and your petted lip on the Euro boards, you're having a bit of a nightmare here.

What kind of planet are you on when you petulantly demand that the media "constructively criticise" a football match?  Your team have failed to organise a defence suitable for their task for years.  Their chickens came home to roost again on Tuesday night and they got rightly criticised for it.  You've got Partick Thistle at the weekend.  Move on.  You don't have a divine right for the BBC to apply the sponge to your skint knee.

This is exactly the kind of meaningless OF self-entitlement that Michael Stewart was criticising Charlie Adam for.

Absolute mince,if a state broadcasters only focus is on the negative side it is baised plus i'm not demanding anything plus the OF doesn't exist it ended in 2012.