Sportsound Watch

4 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

We can task that Aberdeen fan that went for him at Ibrox with the job. One of Scottish football's forgotten heroes.

Didn't Dolly miss Andy and fall on his arse....

Then Andy quipped thank fcuk I wasn't wearing my sheepskin jacket..

6 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Can someone ensure Andy Cameron never ever appears on Radio again please.

The song Ally's Tartan Army should have finished his career, why is he still wheeled out 40 f***ing years after that disaster?

Is there any truth in the rumour that Pat Bonner was in the Pacific Quay studio today, rather than Easter Road, because he thought the lunchtime game was at Celtic Park?

It did seem odd that there was only one co-commentator, and that it was Michael Stewart (i.e. not a "Celtic" pundit). 

7 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Senior old c**t was going on about how the "wee" teams fans only come out for cup finals or when they're winning...conviently forgetting that pre souness his beloved rangers were getting sub 10k crowds every week.

Rob Maclean commenting over silence for the first 10 minutes of Sevco v Hearts because they couldn’t get the clean audio feed from the pitchside mics :lol: 

They’ve now apparently got the feed although to be honest I’m not noticing much difference. 

Rob Maclean commenting over silence for the first 10 minutes of Sevco v Hearts because they couldn’t get the clean audio feed from the pitchside mics :lol: 
They’ve now apparently got the feed although to be honest I’m not noticing much difference. 

Utterly embarrassing.

It's the Chick fucking Young show today, the baldy wee c**t hasn't shut up all afternoon. 

His beloved Paisley boys are back in the “big time” so he’s reborn and his so called retirement rescinded. We’ve got several more years of him opining about bigotry in Scotland now to look forward too.

3 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

His beloved Paisley boys are back in the “big time” so he’s reborn and his so called retirement rescinded. We’ve got several more years of him opining about bigotry in Scotland now to look forward too.

I know, it's fucking depressing. 

I’m no fan of rangers, but young stated quite confidently the other night that ‘not one rangers player would get in the st mirren team’.

Astounding stuff.

Is there any truth in the rumour that Pat Bonner was in the Pacific Quay studio today, rather than Easter Road, because he thought the lunchtime game was at Celtic Park?
It did seem odd that there was only one co-commentator, and that it was Michael Stewart (i.e. not a "Celtic" pundit). 

He did say he had to go off and do TV just before the 3pm kickoffs. Wasn't missed.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m no fan of rangers, but young stated quite confidently the other night that ‘not one rangers player would get in the st mirren team’.

Astounding stuff.

Nah, he said that it was based on their performance against Celtic not overall.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It was my understanding that abuse of chick young would go unchallenged. What’s the deal here?

Crack on.

I thought they were going to hand the end of last nights show over to Chick so he could prattle on before the trophy presentation, was close to sending a "get Chick tae f**k" text to BBC Radio Scotland.

Edited by ayrmad

I know it's all been said before, but listening to Chick "Chick" Young wittering and interrupting in his wee helium voice (and being factually corrected today as usual by Richard Gordon) is excruciating stuff.

The BBC should have changed the locks when his much-vaunted retirement (which I think involved him swanning around at Euro 16?) was mysteriously rescinded and he just showed up again at the start of the following season. Is that Costanza over there???

As much as folk are complaining about Chick, I'm more irritated by Richard's terrible arithmetic re: how Celtic may clinch the title. He has repeatedly (and wrongly) said that the game today doesn't matter and only the Aberdeen v Hearts game will decide if Celtic win the league before the derby game. He seems to be ignoring that if Rangers avoid defeat today they will either by 10 or 12 points behind Celtic with four to play. 

Since switched over to Radio 5 and they got the situation right, i.e. that if the score stays as it is (1-0 to Rangers) then the title can't be decided before next Sunday.

On 4/21/2018 at 09:02, G-MAN said:

That was quite excruciating, wasn’t it. His description of a desired European League for all the big teams, whilst still maintaining domestic league football as is, sounded suspiciously like the Champions League to me. But with Sevco. 

Since switched over to Radio 5 and they got the situation right, i.e. that if the score stays as it is (1-0 to Rangers) then the title can't be decided before next Sunday.

You’re not alone. Much as it pains me, I listen to R5 most of the time as I just cannot take the cringeworthy, toecurling amateurism that is BBC Glasgow’s football output.
Their “jobs for the boys” recruitment policy sticks in the craw too.
C*nts.

Guest JTS98
10 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You’re not alone. Much as it pains me, I listen to R5 most of the time as I just cannot take the cringeworthy, toecurling amateurism that is BBC Glasgow’s football output.
Their “jobs for the boys” recruitment policy sticks in the craw too.
C*nts.

For BBC 'Glasgow' they seem to employ an awful lot of Aberdeen supporters.