Sportsound Watch

To be to Ferguson, very few managers would go on a radio show the day after resigning from a club where they’ve failed. Most managers lie low for a while, at most doing a short phone interview.

He did blame luck during games too much but, to be fair, hasn’t mentioned injuries during any of his interviews which have a fairly large detrimental effect on our season. He does seem convinced however that he’s had to leave because we’re out of the running for the promotion playoffs, as opposed to the fact we’re now third bottom and if our form continues could feasibly be relegated.

Unfortunately, unless Rangers do give him a job for some reason, you have to suspect we’re going to get even more of him on Sportsound from now on.

19 hours ago, s_dog said:

I thought that was funny. 

Cathro does waffle on a bit, if his team talks are anything like his interviews, no wonder the players look a bit lost, they probably lost what it was he was talking about half way through He reminds me of Brendan Rodgers. 

Presumably Steve Jobs was pretty good at explaining technology, given the shitload of Apple products he helped to sell. Hilarious comparison, right enough.

11 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

To be to Ferguson, very few managers would go on a radio show the day after resigning from a club where they’ve failed. Most managers lie low for a while, at most doing a short phone interview.

Depends on whether or not he thought he had failed.

17 hours ago, mjw said:

b96956862c773aed0c3dd3d37ecc69f1.jpg
No wonder Bennett gets upset at the mention of Speirs name.

"A known *****". Spiers admitted on the show last year that he was a Rangers supporter as a boy and regularly went to Ibrox before getting disillusioned with them.

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

"A known *****". Spiers admitted on the show last year that he was a Rangers supporter as a boy and regularly went to Ibrox before getting disillusioned with them.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good sectarian rant.

I thought he was well known for being a ***?

Why is '***' censored?

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

I thought he was well known for being a ***?

Why is '***' censored?

And in Dee Man's post, what banned word do the 5 stars stand for? I can think of words with 3, 4 and 6 - but not 5.

4 hours ago, The DA said:

And in Dee Man's post, what banned word do the 5 stars stand for? I can think of words with 3, 4 and 6 - but not 5.

I typed the 4 letter t word that it said in the article and it replaced it with 5 stars for some reason. 

12 hours ago, Dee Man said:

He used to sit with the Celtic fans while wearing his Rangers colours too and the Celtic fans all encouraged him to support his team, cos Celtic fans are all swell guys...

Britney is some lad.

And once again they have Chick in the studio "monitoring events at Ibrox". 

The longer they persist with this, the more they undermine their stance. It's all well and good (rightly) standing by their employee but if they then go to extraordinary lengths to still cover Sevco it gives the impression of the BBC needing them more than they need the BBC. 

Its disgusting. 

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

And once again they have Chick in the studio "monitoring events at Ibrox". 

The longer they persist with this, the more they undermine their stance. It's all well and good (rightly) standing by their employee but if they then go to extraordinary lengths to still cover Sevco it gives the impression of the BBC needing them more than they need the BBC. 

Its disgusting. 

I would imagine that they feel some obligation to fans of Rangers opponents 

1 minute ago, Dalrymple76 said:

I would imagine that they feel some obligation to fans of Rangers opponents 

:lol:

The only time they give a flying f**k about The Rangers' opponents is when they are the other cheek. 

Pat Bonnar 'they play Ross County in three games time? That means there are two games they need to play, and I'm sure they will be paying attention to Ross County's results and then they will be playing them.'

Can't buy that sort of insight.

And if pandering to Sevco wasn't bad enough, listening in the car on my way to Dens, Pat Bonner and Chick Young between them managed to turn a discussion about Dundee's potential new stadium into a trip down memory lane about Celtic Park and games played there. 

You can only laugh :lol:

And if pandering to Sevco wasn't bad enough, listening in the car on my way to Dens, Pat Bonner and Chick Young between them managed to turn a discussion about Dundee's potential new stadium into a trip down memory lane about Celtic Park and games played there. 

You can only laugh :lol:

Back then the dressing room at Celtic Park didn't even have heating!