Sportsound Watch

Despite a heavy intake of alcohol before and after this game, I too remember it well. My voice was in shreds for about 4 days after. Worth it though, as it's one of the best atmospheres I've been in (obviously if you were in the home end it wasn't so good). I'm sure Calderwood claimed someone in the main stand spat on him as he walked off.

You're thinking of Mark Mcghee when Raith put us out. He lied.

ETA - I just watched that clip. I don't know why. f**k you DA Baracus. :(

Edited by Dons_1988

Despite a heavy intake of alcohol before and after this game, I too remember it well. My voice was in shreds for about 4 days after. Worth it though, as it's one of the best atmospheres I've been in (obviously if you were in the home end it wasn't so good). I'm sure Calderwood claimed someone in the main stand spat on him as he walked off.

That night was the end for JC. A truly awful performance at home in a cup replay against a lower division side.

Wasn't the first time either.

i must be the only don with fond memories of this game.i had a ticket but ended up only watching the 2nd half in the pub after my daughter went into labour around five o'clock.

Even better is that the wee man born that day now comes to the match with his granda.

i must be the only don with fond memories of this game.i had a ticket but ended up only watching the 2nd half in the pub after my daughter went into labour around five o'clock.

Even better is that the wee man born that day now comes to the match with his granda.

Had a squad of Falkirk fans watching this in my flat.

We played the winner in the semi final and we didn't really want to play Aberdeen.

Things got a bit rowdy when Pars won it :)

Edited by Gaz FFC

Richard Gordon said that Joe Cardle scored the first hattrick by any Pars player all season in our win against Stranraer on Saturday.

This comes as a bit of surprise, especially to Cardle, who scored a hattrick against Forfar in September.

Whilst he won us the Challenge Cup on a glorious April afternoon in Perth, I wasn't disappointed at all that he wasn't kept on.

He only managed for the final, against a Queen of the South side that was decimated by injury. And got a lucky break with Barrowman chasing down the GK and it coming off. In his previous game against Queens he was schooled.

I never took to his selections and tactics. Barely a game went by where he would have three or four players out of position, mostly unnecessarily. He repeatedly played forwards on the wings until their confidence fell away. He froze out Scott Morrison until the end of the season - this is hearsay but did he not do something similar with Morrison at Aberdeen for being too soft? For a guy who played 442 all the time, he had no sense of the need to be able to play from the full-back areas, until the end of the last three games of the season when, all of a sudden, things clicked.

He never got the combinations in midfield correct - keeping away from the selection that made County so good the season before and what won them the league the season after - until the last three games of the season.

With the squad he had at his disposal, he should have got County clear of relegation long before the second-last game. County won the league the next season, but only made three core changes to the XI that Jimmy C finished with.

His comments about Lovell and alleged treatment of O'Leary show the quality of the man, IMO.

The stuff about Lovell being a strange guy and "deep" made me immediately think about that O'Leary article.

It's nice that they've reached the acceptance stage that 'to Hibs it' is actually a thing. Fair play to Stubbs and the Hibees.

Probably because Keith Jackson wrote a column on the subject today where it made out he'd just invented the term.

Saw on Twitter they were encouraging folk to phone in to Sportsound tonight. Super. A section where incoherent, gibbering morons who know nothing about football go on air to answer questions from fans.

Stubbs refuting claims that Hibs are Hibsing it.

Stubbs: Did we 'Hibs it' against Aberdeen and St Johnstone?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/1344698-stubbs-did-we-hibs-it-against-aberdeen-and-st-johnstone/

Too much has been made about that game against us.

Hibs were slightly less shite than we were that night in a terrible game. We used 2 subs in the first 15 mins and they got 2 late goals one of which was on the break when we were chasing a last minute equaliser. Neither side were good that night. Have seen Hibs a few times this season (my Dad is a QOS supporter) and against Livi recently and they are very very ordinary, not worthy of the hype at all.(except the games against Hearts).

Probably because Keith Jackson wrote a column on the subject today where it made out he'd just invented the term.

Saw on Twitter they were encouraging folk to phone in to Sportsound tonight. Super. A section where incoherent, gibbering morons who know nothing about football go on air to answer questions from fans.

First caller was Timothy from Glesga.

Awra refs ir pure aginst is so they ir!

Stubbs refuting claims that Hibs are Hibsing it.

Stubbs: Did we 'Hibs it' against Aberdeen and St Johnstone?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/1344698-stubbs-did-we-hibs-it-against-aberdeen-and-st-johnstone/

:lol: Yeah nice one Stubbsy, I'm sure those results will come in handy when you're still in the Championship next season.