Dumbarton v QOS

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens are missing a lot of important players. Dumbarton have every chance of winning on Saturday.

we're not falling for that again. All last week we saw posts from Raith fans saying how shit Raith would be and that they couldn't see past an away win.

And then we got humped.

Queens are missing a lot of important players. Dumbarton have every chance of winning on Saturday.

I wouldn't necessarily agree, we have yet to find a settled side and formation whilst Queens travel on the back of 10 goals in 3 games. We would require a serious shift from everyone to win this one.

Are they all first team starters?

Kind of. Mitchell absolutely. Kerr and Burns almost certainly. McKenna and Paton, sometimes, depending on the formation. McKenna has been out for a long time now, so its difficult to say whether or not McIntyre sees him as first choice.

The issue is more that four of them are midfielders, which has left us pretty thin on the ground and short of options in that area.

Kind of. Mitchell absolutely. Kerr and Burns almost certainly. McKenna and Paton, sometimes, depending on the formation. McKenna has been out for a long time now, so its difficult to say whether or not McIntyre sees him as first choice.

The issue is more that four of them are midfielders, which has left us pretty thin on the ground and short of options in that area.

Sounds like if we get our midfield right then we'll have a good chance. My confidence of that is zero, however.

This pretty much. All of them were first choice before they got injured. However, it's unlikely all of them would start if everyone was fit. I remain curious as to what our midfield shape and selection would be if everyone was fit. I guess Fowler would sit out.but if we go the 4-3-3 then McKenna, Burns and Kerr would be competing with McShane for a start whilst Paton, Russell and Carmichael would presumably be competing for two spots (and Reilly and Baird for one spot). If we go 4-4-2 allowing for both strikers to start it's even more difficult with those four central midfielders competing for two slots and Russell, Carmichael, Paton and Burns competing for the wide roles, though I'm not sure McIntyre has ever used Paton from wide in a four so probably not him.

Midfield is a real problem and offer absolutely no protection to the back four.

I think Fowler offers as much protection as anyone other than possibly McKenna. He's a naturally defensive minded midfielder, more so than Burns, Kerr or McShane. None of them are as good at it as Derek Young was though.

Have Queens continued to play Russell on the wing or is he now playing up top? If I remember correctly, in the last game last season, it was the first time he had really played up front, and he had a great game. But before that he was continually played on the wing. Front 2 of Baird and Russell will be really dangerous if in decent form.

This pretty much. All of them were first choice before they got injured. However, it's unlikely all of them would start if everyone was fit. I remain curious as to what our midfield shape and selection would be if everyone was fit. I guess Fowler would sit out.but if we go the 4-3-3 then McKenna, Burns and Kerr would be competing with McShane for a start whilst Paton, Russell and Carmichael would presumably be competing for two spots (and Reilly and Baird for one spot). If we go 4-4-2 allowing for both strikers to start it's even more difficult with those four central midfielders competing for two slots and Russell, Carmichael, Paton and Burns competing for the wide roles, though I'm not sure McIntyre has ever used Paton from wide in a four so probably not him.

I think Fowler offers as much protection as anyone other than possibly McKenna. He's a naturally defensive minded midfielder, more so than Burns, Kerr or McShane. None of them are as good at it as Derek Young was though.

We might also go back to last seasons diamond. That would mean only one of McKenna, Kerr, McShane or Burns would miss out. Presumably, with Russell, Carmichael and Paton competing for the place behind the striker. Unless Russell moved up front

Have Queens continued to play Russell on the wing or is he now playing up top? If I remember correctly, in the last game last season, it was the first time he had really played up front, and he had a great game. But before that he was continually played on the wing. Front 2 of Baird and Russell will be really dangerous if in decent form.

Still out on the wing. I tend to agree that Russell and Baird would be a great partnership. The problem is we dont really have any else to fill in on the left wing, other than moving Carmichael. He, though, has started really well on the right and his natural replacement, Burns, is out injured

I'll be doing a sweep on when the first "we see you're still a diving wee b*****d Beanie" shout is. Half of the pot will go to the winner and half will go to whoever smashes the shouter in the face, preferably with something blunt.

Yeah great idea cos you know it'll happen.

I'll be doing a sweep on when the first "we see you're still a diving wee b*****d Beanie" shout is. Half of the pot will go to the winner and half will go to whoever smashes the shouter in the face, preferably with something blunt.

Are away fans included in that?

Beanie is undoubtedly a diving wee b*****d. Jealous he's not our diving wee b*****d, though.

We've seen very little benefit of it to be honest. He came with this reputation and its brought up, almost without fail, every game by opposition fans. Theres no doubt he's gone down easily quite regularly for us, but I cant remember him winning a penalty or a free kick in a particularly dangerous position

Are away fans included in that?

We've seen very little benefit of it to be honest. He came with this reputation and its brought up, almost without fail, every game by opposition fans. Theres no doubt he's gone down easily quite regularly for us, but I cant remember him winning a penalty or a free kick in a particularly dangerous position

When was the last time we were awarded a penalty? McGuffie scored twice in the opening two games last season, neither of which was given for a foul on Russell. Did we get one after that? I can't think so. I've no idea who our penalty taker is these days. It may indeed be Russell who used to take them for Livingston. Paton and Russell each took one in pre-season last year.

Archived