Sportscene watch 2015/16

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I actually quite enjoyed that - Sutherland, Stewart and Thompson make me laugh.

The highlights aren't ideal but for once I am glad they have Rangers in there, since it means I saw the highlights of our game :)

Extend the programme to allow for all. If not then if Rangers, Hibs and Hearts want to be on a Premiershp highlights programme then get into the Premiership. It's quite a simple policy actually. I wont go into be rant again as I cant be bothered but the BBC are not driven by ratings so it shouldnt matter if 3 big teams are in the 2nd division or not.

And I would agree with you here. If they've extended the programme anyway then a couple of mins to show the remaining goals shouldn't be too difficult. After all, there are 10 sides in the Championship, not just three (or the four shown this evening).

I can however understand that a large number of people will watch this only for the 'bigger games' (as reflected by attendance) and not give a fcuk about the smaller games, even Ross County actually in the Premiership etc.

The difference in coverage in tomorrow's national papers will be even more evident no doubt. As a follower of League 1 last season with 4 pages on Sevco and a thin column on 'the rest' with a couple of sentences per match, I know all about that!

Extend the programme to allow for all. If not then if Rangers, Hibs and Hearts want to be on a Premiershp highlights programme then get into the Premiership. It's quite a simple policy actually. I wont go into be rant again as I cant be bothered but the BBC are not driven by ratings so it shouldnt matter if 3 big teams are in the 2nd division or not. The BBC's contract is with Scottish football not 3 big clubs.

And I would agree with you here. If they've extended the programme anyway then a couple of mins to show the remaining goals shouldn't be too difficult. After all, there are 10 sides in the Championship, not just three (or the four shown this evening).

I can however understand that a large number of people will watch this for the 'bigger games' (as reflected by attendance) and not give a fcuk about the smaller games, even Ross County actually in the Premiership etc.

It should be extended as it is. When you look at the amount of programmes BBC England put out aimed at the EPL in addition to the Football League Show then see how little we get it's a total disgrace.

How many of those people wanting to watch the 'bigger games' will already have seen the game on their own clubs tv service and/or a satellite channel before the BBC limp along with their poor man's offering? Fans of these clubs, at least one of them in particular, are less likely to watch a programme about other teams than there own anyway I'd suggest. The bottom line is, Hamilton, Ross County & Saints are in the Premiership because they're better football teams than those three. That is all that should matter.

Let's be honest. The only reason we are all watching this is for the Rangers v Hearts game.

Negatory, good buddy. It's the footballing genius of Chris Erskine that gets us all moist. :king

Every goal from every league is posted on the SPFL's Youtube page. You all have internet access so I don't see what some of you are moaning about.

You could however flip that around and say "if it's on Youtube which is easily available to the vast majority of viewers, why do Sportscene need to show it on the Premiership highlights?".

It's more to do with the league equality issue. You won't see MOTD adding in the Burnley vs Blackburn derby next season when the former get relegated.

Ooft McPake hasn't changed much.

What was he doing for the foul that led to Killie's goal? Expect to see that a lot this season Dundee fans.

He of all our summer signings was my biggest concern, saw nothing yesterday that eased

my worries!

Should just scrap sportscene all together then.

I would have no problem with that. A well advertised Youtube channel with good production values (see Bundesliga and MLS) would give the Scottish game more exposure than Sportscene ever could. More and more TV is being watched online now and that trend will only continue.

Ooft McPake hasn't changed much.

What was he doing for the foul that led to Killie's goal? Expect to see that a lot this season Dundee fans.

He was, err, not getting booked.

Wonder how JG doing that would have been dealt with?

Goodwin :lol:. What a total fanny, how can he be respected as an assistant manager if he continues to do things like that?

The St Mirren shirt's a bit unexpected item in bagging area. Goodwin deserved a card for the first tackle. I must have missed the misdemeanour for the second. Shove from behind?

No league table at the end and all? Well, f**k this noise then. :thumbsdown

Also, that "selected Championship coverage" is bollocks. Give us all of it (including League One and Two) like the Football League Show or don't bloody bother

And the Lowland and Highland. Sack a few pundits are free up some working cash.

The St Mirren shirt's a bit unexpected item in bagging area. Goodwin deserved a card for the first tackle. I must have missed the misdemeanour for the second. Shove from behind?

Elbowed Sutton in the back of the head, should have been a straight red just for that.

Archived