Sportscene watch 2015/16

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I avoid as much of the BBC's output as possible after years of putting up with their Old Firm propaganda and denigration of the other teams and the game in general. Sometime it's unavoidable though, such as wanting to see the Play Off highlights.

On this I see English slaughtering Hibs in a manner that suggested he was doing as he was told after I'd read that farcical Ranges statement. This would have been no surprise given it was a BBC programme and also, given my limited experience of English, no surprise if he was being sycophantic.

I keep reading he's fair so it must be me that's been unlucky in only seeing pieces that contradict this. Maybe it's the BBC's presentation of his work that is misleading. Anyway, I've now followed him on twitter to see if I have indeed got the wrong end of the stick. 

He had a right go at their statement on Good Morning Scotland this morning.

Tom English is giving both sides the criticism his job demands.  He certainly isn't simply just blaming Hibs.  A cursory look at his Twitter feed, or his radio output, or his BBC column will tell you that.

He's also giving Jim Traynor a hell of a time over the Rangers statement.  And Rangers fans are responding with decorum you'd expect.

Tom English is giving both sides the criticism his job demands.  He certainly isn't simply just blaming Hibs.  A cursory look at his Twitter feed, or his radio output, or his BBC column will tell you that.

He's also giving Jim Traynor a hell of a time over the Rangers statement.  And Rangers fans are responding with decorum you'd expect.

He's giving someone who doesn't use twitter, stick on twitter?

He's some guy....

He's some guy....

He is tweeting to Traynor's PR company, which does use twitter.

He is tweeting to Traynor's PR company, which does use twitter.

Traynor has minions to deal with twitter, they are just ignoring Tom and he's a bit miffed aboot it.

He's some guy....

Traynor has minions to deal with twitter, they are just ignoring Tom and he's a bit miffed aboot it.

Please leave our Jabba alone.

Bonner was ecstatic and like a wee boy on the radio when discussing Rodgers appointment with English, Wilson and Young last night. Any time one of them showed any skepticism he jumped all over them in disagreement. 🙄🙄🙄

He got named in a ludicrous Rangers statement that lied about him.

Yet you think he shouldn't defend himself.

Archived