Sportscene watch 2015/16

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the reasons I enjoy the Football League Show is the fact I've no idea about the scores beforehand, I already know the scores from every game that'll be on Sportscene, so lose interest when its not Saints

That's why having the lower leagues would be good. Unless you've looked for it or you're team is in the same league you're unlikely to know the score of the Championship games, League 1 games etc.

Surely if they didn't analyse anything they could fit all the lower league games into the last 15 minutes? Even if it's only the goals

I think this is a generally dismissive viewpoint used by the media to justify ignoring the diddies. How many people care about Fleetwood or Rochdale but will watch the Football League Show? The fact that many football fans will watch football on the tv simply because it's football is conveniently overlooked.

Where exactly would you draw the line on what's shown though, highlights of all SPFL matches like the equivalent of the Football League Show? As far as I'm concerned, Scottish Cup aside, Sportscene is, always has been and should be Scotland's equivalent of MOTD - Premiership only, where the vast majority of the nations interest is. This season is a weird one though with three of Scotland's biggest clubs in the second tier. Supply and demand basically. They could have done the same with Sevco in League 1 last season but I suppose having three outwith the Premiership suddenly makes it worthwhile for them.

I'm not saying that I fully agree with it but I can understand the mindset though.

What will be interesting however is if this will be a one off because they're playing Hearts or if all of their games will feature from now on?

Jonathan Sutherland: 'Stevie, in a word, who'll be relegated this season?'

Stevie Thompson: 'Ermmm, no comment'

Michael Stewart: 'St. Mirren is two words'

Laughed out loud at that, but Mikey Stewart is still a Ginger w**k!

Where exactly would you draw the line on what's shown though, highlights of all SPFL matches like the equivalent of the Football League Show. As far as I'm concerned, Scottish Cup aside, Sportscene is and always has been Scotland's equivalent of MOTD - Premiership only, where the vast majority of the nations interest is. This season is a weird one though with three of Scotland's biggest clubs in the second tier. Supply and demand basically. They could have done the same with Sevco in League 1 last season but I suppose having three outwith the Premiership suddenly makes it worthwhile.

I'm not saying that I fully agree with it but I can understand the mindset though.

What will be interesting however is if this will be a one off because they're playing Hearts or if all of their games will feature from now on?

Extend the programme to allow for all. If not then if Rangers, Hibs and Hearts want to be on a Premiershp highlights programme then get into the Premiership. It's quite a simple policy actually. I wont go into be rant again as I cant be bothered but the BBC are not driven by ratings so it shouldnt matter if 3 big teams are in the 2nd division or not. The BBC's contract is with Scottish football not 3 big clubs.

Jonathan Sutherland: 'Stevie, in a word, who'll be relegated this season?'

Stevie Thompson: 'Ermmm, no comment'

Michael Stewart: 'St. Mirren is two words'

Laughed out loud at that, but Mikey Stewart is still a Ginger w**k!

Better than the St Mirren strip?

Again. "No comment!".

Archived