Alloa Athletic vs Raith Rovers

Only post truthful comments buddy boy Raith were poor if they where playing a better side than us then they wouldnt have taken any points

We where the better side but if u make errors and dont take ur chances u get punished

We did by a poor side

. What game were you watching. The game was even throughout , We took our chance . Alloa could play for the next 3 weeks and still not score. You say we are poor and that if we played a better side we would have lost, really? Sides raise there game against better opposition sadly Alloa couldn't even do that against a poor Understrength Rovers team. What does that say about your side?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And.? Sounds like your still seething after losing to a poor Rovers side. If we lose 3-4goals so be it. Worry about your own team wasp1 ,you have a lot to worry about. Anyway your fishing trips no working, We bit of trivia for you my dad came from Sauchie but seen the light when he hit the age of 20 and married a kirkcaldy lass,close shave for me could have been a waspy.

Ur Dads a good guy buddy . U take all ur good things off him

Very poor rovers side yes . You have played two sides who will be in the bottom 3

Big big test next week .Murray protest will be back on next week

For me, Marr, Gordon, Simmons, Cawley and McCord were our better performers.

Meggat and Doyle weren't great, with their hands raised, mostly in apology, to those in front for a ream of misplaced passes. Both, however, did improve after the break. Meggat, for some, man of the match though? Marr was, and by a distance too.

The players we have that can do most damage are those who are quick and have a decent touch. Wee give and go's, I feel, would be playing to their strengths. The amount of times a ball was launched skyward towards Spence and Buchanan was very frustrating to watch. A little different when a ball is played from wide into the box, but not when they have their backs to goal. Either get the ball in to them or give them something to run on to. We really looked devoid of any ideas.

Is bringing Eddie Ferns on for Buchanan and moving Cawley up front really as tactically different as it gets for us? If so, we won't take much sussing out.

I was disappointed to see McCord go off, although I thought Flannigan did alright. Holmes would have been who I'd have taken off.

Gibson has to take the majority of blame for the goal. Why he didn't, or at least attempt to, make sure that a ball no more than a few feet from him was his was baffling.

There wasn't much to draw between either team yesterday. Neither goalie was overworked with, if anything, us having the better opportunities. As has been said, with the limited chances we did create, a little more composure and/or luck wouldn't have gone amiss.

On an aside, I was a little disappointed to see that no longer do the subs carry out wee drills at half-time. Petty? Perhaps. But it looked a lot more professional than simply doing a bit of keepie-up and firing a ball at each other.

We have no bad players, but something, or someone, else has to be introduced into that team before we find ourselves playing too much a game of 'catch the ninth placed side'.

Very poor rovers side yes . You have played two sides who will be in the bottom 3

I trust you're also running over to the Queen of the South thread to tell them the same thing?

Is bringing Eddie Ferns on for Buchanan and moving Cawley up front really as tactically different as it gets for us? If so, we won't take much sussing out.

I was disappointed to see McCord go off, although I thought Flannigan did alright. Holmes would have been who I'd have taken off.

On an aside, I was a little disappointed to see that no longer do the subs carry out wee drills at half-time. Petty? Perhaps. But it looked a lot more professional than simply doing a bit of keepie-up and firing a ball at each other.

McCord doesn't look like a 90min player now IMO. Fitness levels were a concern of mine when smith took over, we all know Hartley was into fitness big time and personally I don't think smith will push it to the levels PH did.

As with the drills who knows? Perhaps some poor organisation.

The half-time warm up drills that Alloa went through last season didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever.

It all looked very professional, but Alloa had the worst second half record in the Championship.

It caught the eye and was different, but did it really gave you any benefits?

And comfortably won both games, what on earth is your point?

Gibson has to take the majority of blame for the goal. Why he didn't, or at least attempt to, make sure that a ball no more than a few feet from him was his was baffling.

Couldn't agree more. Perhaps the defence is taking a little bit of time to get used to the way Gibson operates but there was obviously a bit of confusion between him and Doyle as to who was going to deal with the situation yesterday. Had it been Bain in goals, he'd have not only dealt with it himself, he'd have had no qualms if it meant wiping out Doyle in the process.

It was Flannigan who replaced Buchanan, with Cawley pushed up front, then Ferns came on for McCord and Cawey dropped back again.

I didn't see any significant tactical changes at all yesterday.

Hearts will take 3/4 off yous

Hmm I agree, there's every possibility of that given how poor we were against Alloa.

It begs the question though, if they take 4 off a team like Raith how big a new arsehole will they tear the leagues cannon fodder teams like Alloa?

I genuinely don't know how anyone thinks we were poor. Got an early goal, and then defended really well in terrible conditions on the worst surface in the country.

It was far from pretty, but we saw the game out comfortably second half - we never do that.

I genuinely don't know how anyone thinks we were poor. Got an early goal, and then defended really well in terrible conditions on the worst surface in the country.

Whit? :huh:

I would love a go at the half time scores, playing some van halen and Alan parsons project!

I'd like to hear something dark and portentous at half-time, like Mars from The Planets Suite, just to see the look on everyone's faces :P

Might be a bit of an anti-climax afterwards, right enough.

It was Flannigan who replaced Buchanan, with Cawley pushed up front, then Ferns came on for McCord and Cawey dropped back again.

I didn't see any significant tactical changes at all yesterday.

Yeah, apologies, my mistake.

However, my point still stands. Is taking off Buchanan to push Cawley up a significant enough alteration to change anything? No, I don't think it is. The fact that, as you say, Cawley is put back once Ferns came on makes it even more of a head scratcher. Bring them both on at the same time and at least try and give Rovers something to think about.

By asking if the above change was all we could do, I was bemoaning the lack of something different. We are in the second tier of Scottish football. Surely we can attract someone who offers us that option?

I don't know if you are trying to pick me up on the fact that there was no "significant tactical" change after me saying that if that swap is our only one then we aren't going to surprise anybody. That was my point.

Archived