Alloa Athletic vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play like 1st half on Sat we lose, play like 2nd we win. Hoping Murray shows little respect to Alloa and sets up to attack and score goals from the start. We got a wee bit of baboon off our backs with win there tail end of last year.

Nothing against Spence, hoping We give him a hard time early and he drifts out of game, I'm actually much more worried about facing Baird later this season....

Going with 3-2 Raith

Am Sure Gregs goals kept yous up last year . dont be bitter !!!!

You must be mistaking him for John Baird who hauled us through the tail end of the season. Worth noting that if Elliot was on the penalties throughout the season he'd have finished top scorer. ;)

As for Spence, I think it is for the best for both parties. If we can get Nade and Stewart performing as they did in the second half on Saturday then he'll be complete afterthought for our fans. Indeed, watching Nade in full flow is fantastic and his technique with the ball is something else. I'm sure Greig is happier getting a first team spot on a weekly basis with a chance to prove his doubters wrong.

Aye, those two goals he scored after October really did the job!

Goals at the start of the season don't count towards end of season totals then? This is news to me when did the SPFL bring this rule in? :)

Wasn't a great start to our first game if the season but there's some positives to take from the first half I heard so hopefully once we gel a bit more and put together a performance over 90 minutes we will start seeing results.

I'll be honest I don't know much about Alloa's team, minus the signing of Spence, and whether they have strengthened from last season or not but it seems they played not to badly against QOS at the weekend. Our record at the Recs isn't great and it really depends what Rovers team turn up and whether Murray has the savvy to do the simple things such as play Stewart up top alongside Nade and try and drill in that playing the ball on the deck is where we're most effective. We showed glimpses on Saturday of what we can do and you could see the confidence ooze out the team after the first goal. I'd fancy our chances if we put in a performance similar to the 2nd half against Dumbarton.

Was surprised to see Liam Buchanan re-sign at this level but he and Spence will certainly prove a different proposition for Perry and Watson to Colin Nish. How are Alloa looking to play this season under Smith? Last I saw of them they were very physical and playing the ball long. Don't imagine that'd work too well wit those two up front.

Always liked the look of Gordon at CB so will be interesting to see how he and Nade compete.

After our game against Queens I am unsure how to feel about this. During the 1st half we played them off the park despite losing two goals.

I'm happy to concede Alloa played reasonably well first half, had a couple of decent chances, probably just about shaded it and that a 2-0 lead seriously flattered us. "Playing us off the park" is going waaaaay too far though.

Was surprised to see Liam Buchanan re-sign at this level but he and Spence will certainly prove a different proposition for Perry and Watson to Colin Nish. How are Alloa looking to play this season under Smith? Last I saw of them they were very physical and playing the ball long. Don't imagine that'd work too well wit those two up front.

Always liked the look of Gordon at CB so will be interesting to see how he and Nade compete.

Paul Hartley built a fine passing team and Smith has continued that style. I'm a little bemused about the "very physical and playing the ball long" description to be honest, Alloa haven't played like that for years and with the team we have it wouldn't make sense to play that way.

Paul Hartley built a fine passing team and Smith has continued that style. I'm a little bemused about the "very physical and playing the ball long" description to be honest, Alloa haven't played like that for years and with the team we have it wouldn't make sense to play that way.

The 1-1 in Kirkcaldy last season was one of the worst performances I'd seen from an away side last season. Scored early then just proceeded to sit and and punt it long and hope for the best.

The 1-1 in Kirkcaldy last season was one of the worst performances I'd seen from an away side last season. Scored early then just proceeded to sit and and punt it long and hope for the best.

Was sweet as feck to equalise after their keepers time wasting antics as well.

Archived