Alloa Athletic vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to tomorrow...hopefully a repeat of the 2nd half last week...gonna go for 2-1 Rovers...Nade to score again. Hopeful we'll line up like this:

Cuthbert

Thomson - Watson - Perry - Mckeown

Anderson - Moon - Scott - Conroy

Nade - Stewart

Subs: McGurn - Ellis - Fox - Mathews -Callachan - Vaughan - Elliot

I would generally look to get Moon playing at all times but the team that started the second half on sat should play. Scott should drop out if anyone. It would be classic Murray, though, to drop Fox after his best game in ages.

I would expect us to struggle here but make enough chances to scrape it if we're jammy.

Not going to make this one today...working again...

So it will probably be our best away performance of the season, 4:1 Raith

Nade with a hat-trick & Spence with the consolation just so we get to see his finger & thumb celebration.

Not going to make this one today...working again...

So it will probably be our best away performance of the season, 4:1 Raith

Nade with a hat-trick & Spence with the consolation just so we get to see his finger & thumb celebration.

I'm missing this one so it will probably be an emphatic alloa win :)

Going to come along to this. Never driven to Alloa before and don't really have a clue how to. I presume it's easy enough?

Aye, you can't really miss the town or the ground. Assuming you're coming from the east, just follow the signs for Alloa, there aren't really any dodgy roads or turns you need to know about, and then the Recs is on the main road through the town. You'll come past Morrison's on your left, then a fire station on your right. Right after that there's a KFC on the right hand side (literally next door to the ground), turn right there and there's a red ash car park with plenty spaces.

Looking forward to this today. A performance like the first half in queen of the south and this could be ours for the taking. Is Sparky still suspended or was it only one game?

Sparky is back, ferns faces a fitness test and Weatherston is this seasons Ian Flannigan.

Alloa Athletic,

Gibson, Doyle, Gordon, Marr, Meggatt, Simmons, Holmes, Cawley, Buchannan, McCord, Spence.

Subs, Docherty, Asghar, Hetherington, Flannigan, Tiffoney, Ferns, McDowall.

Raith Rovers,

Cuthbert, Thomson, Perry, Watson, Fox, Anderson, Conroy, McKeowan, Stewart, Nade, Scott.

Subs, Callachan, Moon, Elliot, Vaughan, Ellis, Matthews, Laidlaw.

No idea what the keeper was doing for the goal doesn't fill me with confidence as he doesn't look like he wants to come out for crosses either. Was a pretty even game apart from that we had our chances to get back level terms with a header hitting the post but we need to have a little more movement for the ball too many players standing still waiting for balls to feet, Meggatt was the best Alloa player for me he fought for everything today.

Better side tbh. Pretty comfortable. Not much in the first half but the second half was simple enough. Did enough and defended well.

Alloas game plan pretty much consisted of Simmons trying to kick the f**k out of Nade.

Very pleased to win.

Comfortable in the end. We didn't work the keeper much after the goal but we didn't really have to. Alloa only ever threatened in the air, and even then the sum total of their endeavours was one header coming back off the post, and the rest sent wildly off target by the domes of messrs Buchanan and Spence.

When you think that Nade is the clear focal point of our entire attack, and he had by far his worst game in a Rovers shirt, I think it tells you a lot about the game.

As I mentioned at half time, the referee was giving a lot of freekicks for slight infringements, and then letting play carry on for similar offences minutes later, particularly when two men were going for the same ball in midfield. The decisions seemed to be going Alloa's way in the first half, then benefited the Rovers more in the second. Either way, it stopped the game from flowing and I don't think that troubled the Rovers given that we had the lead. I don't think there were any complaints about any of the yellows. Spence looked like he wanted one just so there'd be a record of him having participated in the game.

I don't really enjoy watching the Rovers defend a one goal lead, but we didn't really drop deep in the latter stages of the game, something that Murray's teams have been guilty of in the past.

Presumably Alloa have got some fairly serious concerns about where their goals are going to come from. They didn't create a single chance on the deck (that's not to say they were playing a long ball game) and Buchanan and Spence aren't renowned for their heading ability.

Archived