Forfar v Dunfermline

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting new cocky gimmick you've got going Parscelona. Is this an attempt to emulate similar characters from other teams?

We're the title favourites, have improved our squad and are playing a side who we finished 20 points ahead of last season.

For some reason Forfar seem to be a good team all of a sudden because they signed Husband, a player who we released as the management team decided he wasn't worth keeping on.

How expecting us, Dunfermline Athletic, to beat smaller opposition is interpreted as being some sort of 'cocky gimmick' is a mystery to me.

We're the title favourites, have improved our squad and are playing a side who we finished 20 points ahead of last season.

For some reason Forfar seem to be a good team all of a sudden because they signed Husband, a player who we released as the management team decided he wasn't worth keeping on.

How expecting us, Dunfermline Athletic, to beat smaller opposition is interpreted as being some sort of 'cocky gimmick' is a mystery to me.

You didnt seem to fair well last week and this is a dangerous attitude. I would like to think a man of Jeffries experience would make sure your players werent thinking like this.

20 points is a fair point but I am sure you would agree that games between the teams last season were very tight apart from the 4-0.

Can you stop this messing about with font malarkey? Makes your posts show up blank in the app.

I feel quite confident after last weeks effort & Dick message in the courier "team challenging for promotion". We should have won last week as far as their manager was happy with a point.

After all that I think Dunfi are too strong.

1-2

I still think Foxy will be good enough to start; but in saying that he wouldn't make my starting line-up for now.

I'd look at it as a positive rather than a negative. We have great depth in midfield this year and will need to rely on all of them. I've no doubt that Foxy will deliver when called upon although starts may become rarer for him.

Templeman is an interesting one because on his day he is fantastic but it does lead to more long ball tactics. I do like Sanny though so would be inclined to start him; although again its great to actually have these decisions to make.

Think this will be a tough game and we will need to play well to take anything as with the addition of Moffat and a few others Dunfermline should be looking to win the majority of their games.

That we did, however Forfar utterly hammered us 4-0 at Station Park, and picked up two draws at EEP - the first of which we needed a 94th minute equaliser. The games we've had with them have been tough for us and most Pars fans don't expect any different on Saturday.

Yes, if we play as well as we know we can (ie, against Rovers) then we should win this, and indeed any, match in the division. But we won't see that level of performance every week, and to that end there are teams who have the ability to cause us problems. Forfar are one of those.

Archived