Forfar v Dunfermline

I'd expect Buchanan to miss this one. Bit of a blow as he's started well in the middle of defence. Jonathan Page played in the 20's last night I'm sure and no doubt that will be to give him extra minutes with Saturday in mind.

Tough game this as it always is at Forfar. If we play as we did against Rovers then I'd be confident of victory, but we won't win if we play like we did on Saturday. We need Josh back in the team to give the midfield area a bit of drive and spark, and we really need to make sure we get to grips with the likes of Templeman, Swankie, Denholm and Hilson early doors.

Can see a draw but it's a game we should be looking to win. Though the Loons, who I think will finish in the play-offs, will be thinking the same. Looking forward to the trip regardless.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the other Pars say - play like we did against Raith and we should win, play like we did on Saturday and we'll lose.

With him scoring in the u20s I think there's a very good chance big Ugwu will be inflicted on Forfar - some sort of protective headgear may be required for the defenders & keeper.

Even though Saturday was poor, the issues we had can all be rectified. Move the ball quicker, if we get to the byeline then make better use of it and shoot on sight at least sometimes.

Edit - Pars turning to voodoo/human sacrifice to seek favour from the footballing gods:

Maybe it's cos I wasn't their on Saturday but just as the overconfidence before last week was a bit misplaced I don't think the draw should be enough of a reason to start fearing teams.

I could see this being fairly high scoring game tbh both teams assets are in attack. Am I right Forfar have been playing with 4 in midfield with young and husband as the center mids? Because whilst reasonably talented i think with falkingham, geggan and spence could overrun them, not just through having an extra body in there but given young's age and husband's style the energy of our midfield certainly have the ability to avoid them getting much time on the ball.

I would like us to use 4-3-3 here, i don't really know why we haven't used it yet or much last season, for me it looks the best formation for the players we have, certainly for games we can expect to have our fair share of possession.

For now I'd want to line up

Scully

Millen Buchanan Martin whittle

Geggan spence falkingham

Stirling Moffat Wallace

Page for Buchanan and Drummond for whittle are easy changes to make if they don't make it and Stirling and Wallace could be swapped for faiss or smith if they arn't ready for starts yet.

Douglas

Baxter dods/Dunlop. Malcolm. Steeves

Kader. Young. Denholm

Swankie. Templeman. Hilson

Purely because in our last two games we have looked dangerous when we have gone 3 up front . Husband and young should probably start in the middle of a midfield 4 though.

Based on what exactly?

Forbes was the one who got hooked with twenty minutes to go and never played against Raith, a match in where Byrne put in a decent performance alongside Falkingham.

Based on the fact that Forbes will stay out on the left whereas Josh is better at driving forward from the centre of midfield, a position Byrne occupied on Saturday. My opinion obviously.

Not sure about the back four until we get an injury update.

Midfield and attack picks itself

Hilson Young Husband Denholm

Swankie Templeman

Wouldn't mind seeing hilson up front and swankie out wide . Suppose they could chop and change during the game

Not sure why people think Millen can defend?

He just stays back so he doesn't have to run far, Williamson takes a risk. They're just two different type of players, one can defend and attack but can't cross. The other can cross and not much else.

It's going to be a tough one on Saturday. Good old Swankie and Templeman are always a pain in the ass! I wonder how Husband will do? I suppose it's free money putting him on to score. . .

My prediction is 3-2 to the Pars. Moff, wallace x 2

Fingers crossed! Although, if we get a draw - I wont be classing that as a failure. The league is a snickers, not a sprint.

I've got hospitality for this game, f**k knows why I agreed to it as I'm missing the Dundee game. Hopefully a decent game, decent football being played and a shit load of goals. Oh and a good pish up aswel.

I'd go for:

Douglas

Dods Malcolm James

Kader Husband Young Denholm

Swankie

Hilson Templeman

I've no idea if Swankie will be okay for this game, not sure what forced him off in the warm up at Stranraer. James deserves to stay in the side, has played well since coming in, and we seemed to play better last week with three at the back too. If we are to play with four at the back then Dunlop and James/Steeves at either side of Dods and Malcolm and put Swankie out wide instead of Kader.

I would be worried playing Omar and Danny as wingbacks, not sure they have the defensive mindset and are more comfortable with a full back behind them.

Templeman absolutely has to play due to the problems he has caused Dunfermline in the past.

I would be worried playing Omar and Danny as wingbacks, not sure they have the defensive mindset and are more comfortable with a full back behind them.

Templeman absolutely has to play due to the problems he has caused Dunfermline in the past.

Templeman will play (especially if Swankie is still injured). I would have no problems playing Omar and Danny as wing backs. That's precisely what happened in the second half in Stranraer and we were much better for it.

Templeman will play (especially if Swankie is still injured). I would have no problems playing Omar and Danny as wing backs. That's precisely what happened in the second half in Stranraer and we were much better for it.

Wasnt there so that is good to hear, just didnt think that would work, especially with the step up in opposition. I like 3-5-2 and its a system that seems to be creeping back in. Not sure where Hilson would play in that system, off the front perhaps.

Archived