Stirling vs Ayr

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF?! Will the real Mark Roberts make himself known to the nearest steward.

He's obviously trod on a large dog shite for luck recently but we'll take it whilst we can, 6 points closer to safety.

Good test against an apparently decent Forfar side next week. A 100% league record going into the league cup tie against our county in breds would be most welcome.

For the 1st home game of the season the Albion were dire, 1st half Ayr were well in command.

2nd half we improved a little bit after Sandy Cunningham came on and 2-0 down, managed to get back to 2-1 after a stupid penalty was given away by Ayr but as usual our defence gave away a soft goal to make it 3-1 to Ayr.

Ayr deserved their win far better team over the 90 minutes. Hopefully we cannot play any worse than this other wise our stay in the 1st Division will be brief.

Roll on Stenhousemuir and Ochilview next Saturday for our 1st win of the season, hopefully. :thumsup2

I'm sorry Albion fans, I do like my away days in Stirling but your stay is gonna be brief. That is the poorest performance from any time that I have witnessed in many a season. Thought we played quite well but it was all a bit too easy, we still need 2 or 3 additional players and then I think we might have a chance at going for this league.

WTF?! Will the real Mark Roberts make himself known to the nearest steward.

He's obviously trod on a large dog shite for luck recently but we'll take it whilst we can, 6 points closer to safety.

Good test against an apparently decent Forfar side next week. A 100% league record going into the league cup tie against our county in breds would be most welcome.

Somebody got it right today. Playing Gilmour in the role behind Donnelly and having JP making the play from deeper was a very good idea. Gilmour actually looked quite dangerous in the more advanced role and JP just spread the ball around with ease.

I thought we looked a bit tired later in the game, and we were nervy in possession having been caught several times. I think a couple more wins and we'll be mor confident in keeping hold of the ball as we played ourselves into trouble a few times.

Overall that was a very strong performance today and we could have scored several more goals, things are shaping up nicely. I'd go as far as to say with the budget we have left if the money was spent wisely, we could put in a title challenge as Dunfermline aren't going to run away with anything.

Somebody got it right today. Playing Gilmour in the role behind Donnelly and having JP making the play from deeper was a very good idea. Gilmour actually looked quite dangerous in the more advanced role and JP just spread the ball around with ease.

I thought we looked a bit tired later in the game, and we were nervy in possession having been caught several times. I think a couple more wins and we'll be mor confident in keeping hold of the ball as we played ourselves into trouble a few times.

Overall that was a very strong performance today and we could have scored several more goals, things are shaping up nicely. I'd go as far as to say with the budget we have left if the money was spent wisely, we could put in a title challenge as Dunfermline aren't going to run away with anything.

Great to hear a degree of optimism albeit after only 2 league games. He'll need a Lazarus-style comeback to win me over but I'll gladly back pedal furiously if he manages to produce a successful, entertaining side this season from very humble beginnings.

That aside, we all imagine Forrest will, at some point, graduate to bigger & better things than Ayr Utd. Are we convinced that everyone behind the scenes are working in unison to maximise his potential/value when the time comes? It'd be criminal if we were to sleepwalk towards the end of his contract and a Dundee Utd etc were to waltz in & take him for a pittance.

Archived