Dundee United vs Motherwell - 13/08/14

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robin Williams is deid, a two headed dolphin has been found in Turkey, and Frank Maloney is now a woman. But United fans calling for Chris Erskine to start against Motherwell is definitely the most fucked up thing I've heard over the past few days.

Robin Williams is deid, a two headed dolphin has been found in Turkey, and Frank Maloney is now a woman. But United fans calling for Chris Erskine to start against Motherwell is definitely the most fucked up thing I've heard over the past few days.

I posted before the Aberdeen game that I hoped Erskine wouldn't start; I've never been a big fan of his and I'm still not convinced about him. However I want every player we sign to be a success and I want a strong squad to ensure that no one becomes complacent.

I was at the game on Sunday; Armstrong was indifferent, Erskine, when he came on was very good and scored. He also scored in the friendly at Easter Road. So I'm happy to be convinced I may be wrong about Erskine and if he's playing well he deserves his chance.

I posted before the Aberdeen game that I hoped Erskine wouldn't start; I've never been a big fan of his and I'm still not convinced about him. However I want every player we sign to be a success and I want a strong squad to ensure that no one becomes complacent.

I was at the game on Sunday; Armstrong was indifferent, Erskine, when he came on was very good and scored. He also scored in the friendly at Easter Road. So I'm happy to be convinced I may be wrong about Erskine and if he's playing well he deserves his chance.

He did indeed, and it was an excellent goal, but he did nothing else worthwhile. I'd rather see Telfer, Spittal or Connolly, all of whom have been far more impressive in pre season than Erskine.

He did indeed, and it was an excellent goal, but he did nothing else worthwhile. I'd rather see Telfer, Spittal or Connolly, all of whom have been far more impressive in pre season than Erskine.

If GMS is out I'd like to see Connolly in, possibly Telfer; if Armstrong doesn't start (for any reason) I'd like to see Erskine in. More like-for-like IMO.

I'm getting the vibe that some Arabs on here don't want Erskine to get a chance to prove himself. Not a position that I'd adopt.

If GMS is out I'd like to see Connolly in, possibly Telfer; if Armstrong doesn't start (for any reason) I'd like to see Erskine in. More like-for-like IMO.

I'm getting the vibe that some Arabs on here don't want Erskine to get a chance to prove himself. Not a position that I'd adopt.

From my point of view, I'd just rather the young lads trying to break through, got their chance and Erskine's not likely to improve a great deal as a footballer. Not necessarily against Erskine, more for seeing the young lads get their chance.

Everyone is getting mega-excited about Connolly on the basis of only a few minutes of pre-season fitba. He is clearly behind Armstrong, GMS, Dow, Ciftci, Erskine, Telfer and Spittal in the queue for attacking midfield berths.

Don't hold yer breath to see much of him this season.

What starters are injured for Motherwell?

Hammell and Ramsden will definitely not play anyway, and while it was a suspension that originally kept Vigurs out against St Mirren I think he's also carrying a knock.

It might not have been our strongest team that played at the weekend but I do think in some aspects it might be better equipped for handling United. Kerr, ZFA and Law are certainly more mobile than Ramsden, Hammell and Vigurs anyway. Law is also a helluva lot better at tracking back than Vigurs as well.

Even if we had everyone fit I'd be tipping United for the 3 points so it'll not make a big difference.

My main hope for tomorrow night is that it's not too wet and cold!

Archived