Dundee United vs Motherwell - 13/08/14

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So confused. Did your thread drop off the front page overnight, I definitely looked for one! The title and tags are also from my thread O_o

Mine was titled "League Leaders v Perennial Bridesmaids". No tags as it's self-explanatory!

Granny D had a similarly titled one which he locked himself.

I have no problem with the merged thread. Although mine mentioned where we're sitting in the league.

Maybe someone could remind me where that is?

Mine was titled "League Leaders v Perennial Bridesmaids". No tags as it's self-explanatory!

Granny D had a similarly titled one which he locked himself.

I have no problem with the merged thread. Although mine mentioned where we're sitting in the league.

Maybe someone could remind me where that is?

post-22765-0-99185000-1407769945_thumb.j

I trust pictorial style is OK Mark.

Assuming GMS is OK then it should be the same starting line up as against Aberdeen. If GMS is injured bring in Telfer (and have Connolly on the bench).

The only other possible change, and I can hardly believe I'm saying this, is Erskine in for Armstrong. His contribution yesterday possibly merits it and there's no harm in reminding first team regulars that there's competition for places.

The only other possible change, and I can hardly believe I'm saying this, is Erskine in for Armstrong. His contribution yesterday possibly merits it and there's no harm in reminding first team regulars that there's competition for places.

Do this please

Assuming GMS is OK then it should be the same starting line up as against Aberdeen. If GMS is injured bring in Telfer (and have Connolly on the bench).

I don't see Armstrong being dropped, my take on his early substitution yesterday was that it was McNamara preparing for wednesday night by resting Stretch as he was excellent in a couple of our big wins over Motherwell last season.

I also wouldn't be adverse to seeing Erskine getting a start to show what he can offer, particularly if GMS isn't going to make this one. However I'd bet that if Mackay-Steven hasn't managed to shake off his ankle injury then McNamara will, much to your displeasure, push Ciftci back into the attacking trio and play either Graham or Bilate as the striker.

Logic and past form would point toward a resounding home win, but we have been here too many times before for me to be that certain. Pretty confident we will win, but also wouldn't be at all surprised if we put in an ICT-this-time-last-season-esque performance and lost in a dreadful 0-1.

Same team if GMS is fit, otherwise I'd be happy to see Erskine get a start in a straight swap or Ciftci in there with Mario up front. Ciftci could do some damage against whoever Motherwell pick our of their support to play at fullback for them.

No thanks.

Think Erskine has been excellent pre season and made an obvious contribution on Saturday, if GMS isn't fit I'd start with him. I think this one will be tight, I really like Motherwell and the way they go about their business. A very entertaining 2-1 us I think

I can see where Granny Danger is coming from re: Erskine over Armstrong, but Armstrong seems to play well against Motherwell so I'd keep him in from the start and keep Erskine hungry. We're well aware now of how Armstrong has dips in form but then bursts back with driving displays of football, so keep him in I'd say.

If GMS is out, imagine it'll be Ciftci dropping back to right wing and Dow hitting the left wing.

First game of the season for me after missing Pittodrie unfortunately. Only seen the five minute YouTube highlights from both teams games at the weekend, so bugger all to go on really. Hope United win as I support them ©Szammo

Can this be postponed if the South Stand at Fir Park is on fire? Or does that only work for home games?

I'd like to just skip Wednesday and go straight to Thursday please :)

Although we kept a clean sheet against St. Mirren our back line was all over the place and the 0 in the score line was down to Dan Twardzik in goal and some woeful finishing from Saints players.

I doubt anyone has recovered sufficiently in the last couple of days, so I'd expect the same back four, which is a bit of a worry.

In my opinion we should play this clever and just shite fest it for the 90 minutes, if we leave any kind of space at the back we are going to get murdered.

Archived