Dundee United vs Motherwell - 13/08/14

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd pack the midfield and hope for the best. No idea if any of our defensive injuries will have cleared up.

Twardzik

Ramsden/Reid Mcmanus Kerr Hammell/ZFA

Lasley

Law Carswell Lawson/Leitch Vigurs

Erwin Sutton

United have had our number recently and pumped the Diddy cup champions. 3-1 United.

I'm normally optimistic about our chances but with the defensive injuries and a few pumpings we've had in mid week games at tannadice in recent years in mind I fear the worst

The best we can hope for is a backs against the wall, plucky 1-0 win. 3-0 United would be my guess

I'd pack the midfield and hope for the best. No idea if any of our defensive injuries will have cleared up.

Twardzik

Ramsden/Reid Mcmanus Kerr Hammell/ZFA

Lasley

Law Carswell Lawson/Leitch Vigurs

Erwin Sutton

United have had our number recently and pumped the Diddy cup champions. 3-1 United.

Well, I suppose a 4-1-4-2 formation could work if you could get away with it!

4-2 United :)

We totally dominated Motherwell last season, but that was last season. I only hope we can kick on from today's result and take six points from six.

I've underestimated Motherwell in the past but McColl has them well organised and they seem to respond to his managerial style.

I'm going to go 3-1 to the league leaders; I predicted the Aberdeen result so put your mortgage on it and remember my 5% commission.

After the reamings handed out to us last season by utd (they were the best side we played bar none) - I'll be heading up the road on Wednesday night expecting the same again. It's sad - but a close defeat would actually resemble a bit of progress in that McCall would have found a way to stop Utd playing a bit. Our "score one more than them" approach failed dismally, as did the ultra-defensive setup that successfully got 6 out of 6 points at Pittodrie - so f**k knows what we do.

With the injuries we have - I'm guessing 3 or 4 nil.

Hot on the heels of United's 3-0 mauling of The Sheep and Motherwell's 1-0 sneakaroo over The Maureens, Wednesday night sees The Steelmen travel to face a United who've been somewhat of their bogey team in recent seasons.

Both teams can count themselves fortunate not to have conceded in their opening games, albeit with United up against far stronger opposition. Jaroslaw 'The Annihilator' Fojut and Callum 'Callum' Morris are however starting to form a beastial centre back pairing which Motherwell will be wise to try to play around rather than over. Dow, Ciftci and especially GMS looked dangerous against The Aberdeenshire Famous Aberdeen, as did Erskine and Bilate when they came on as substitutes. All things considered, I can't see past a United victory by two scores to a single. Ref stretchered off.

By the way Motherwell fans, here's The Annihilator in a previous incarnation...

jaroslaw_fojut_5.jpg

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Definitely needed a third thread for this.

So confused. Did your thread drop off the front page overnight, I definitely looked for one! The title and tags are also from my thread O_o

The only positive from this is that it will take me about three minutes to get home.

I'm going to take put a positive spin on things and suggest that we'll only be 'gubbed' rather that 'horsed' or a dreaded 'pumping'.

Hot on the heels of United's 3-0 mauling of The Sheep and Motherwell's 1-0 sneakaroo over The Maureens, Wednesday night sees The Steelmen travel to face a United who've been somewhat of their bogey team in recent seasons.

Both teams can count themselves fortunate not to have conceded in their opening games, albeit with United up against far stronger opposition. Jaroslaw 'The Annihilator' Fojut and Callum 'Callum' Morris are however starting to form a beastial centre back pairing which Motherwell will be wise to try to play around rather than over. Dow, Ciftci and especially GMS looked dangerous against The Aberdeenshire Famous Aberdeen, as did Erskine and Bilate when they came on as substitutes. All things considered, I can't see past a United victory by two scores to a single. Ref stretchered off.

By the way Motherwell fans, here's The Annihilator in a previous incarnation...

jaroslaw_fojut_5.jpg

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Not afraid of him providing he plays it clean and sticks by the rules of football. Hard but fair is ok in my book. If he doesn't we could be in big trouble given our injury list.

Not confident going into this one and can only hope our injuries clear up, if only slightly. The key for us will be bottling up midfield where we seriously lack pace as St Mirren showed on Saturday.

I would be amazed if we got anything out of this game. Still, we have another home game on Saturday and if we can be sitting with 6 points out of 9, I'd be happy.

3-1 Utd.

So confused. Did your thread drop off the front page overnight, I definitely looked for one! The title and tags are also from my thread O_o

Shame on you.

Any United thread should be entitled 'The League Leaders'. 8)

Archived