Partick Thistle vs Ross County - 13/08/14

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this one. Think Thistle will edge it, so I'll go for 2-1. ]How we line up will now be a debate over whether Seabourne starts at LB or CB. Don't know how fit O'Donnell is so think McMillan will start at RB so would think that until we get a natural LB, Seabourne will start there. Would rather Lawless starting over Elliott but Archie seems to favour the latter judging on last season's selections. I think we will line up as:

Gallacher

McMillan, Balatoni, Muirhead, Seabourne

Bannigan, Fraser

Elliot, Stevenson, Higginbotham

Doolan.

Looking forward to this one. Think Thistle will edge it, so I'll go for 2-1. ]How we line up will now be a debate over whether Seabourne starts at LB or CB. Don't know how fit O'Donnell is so think McMillan will start at RB so would think that until we get a natural LB, Seabourne will start there. Would rather Lawless starting over Elliott but Archie seems to favour the latter judging on last season's selections. I think we will line up as:

Gallacher

McMillan, Balatoni, Muirhead, Seabourne

Bannigan, Fraser

Elliot, Stevenson, Higginbotham

Doolan.

Osman not in your 11?

I'd also play Bannigan on the left of the two DMs. :-P

Dunno what Adams will do here. Carey certainly deserves another start, our best player yesterday, and Cardle and de Leeuw also looked decent when they came on.

Depending when the supporters bus arrives we might be tight for time, is there anywhere closer to Firhill than the Woodside that does decent food? (and beer obviously).

Is there a bar/social club at the stadium?

I think if we don't have a LB in by Wednesday, we will go three at the back, with O'donnell/McMillan on the right and Elliot on the left, both playing quite advanced. A winning formation if i must say.

Gallacher

Muirhead, seaborne, Balatoni

O'donnell/McMillan,Osman, Fraser, Elliot

Higgy, stevenson

Doolan

Fraser came on to a game as last season petered out and appears to have taken that form into pre-season, so I wouldn't exclude him.

Gallacher

McMillan/Balatoni /Seaborne/Bannigan

Fraser/Osman

Elliot/Stevenson/Higginbotham

Doolan

Dunno what Adams will do here. Carey certainly deserves another start, our best player yesterday, and Cardle and de Leeuw also looked decent when they came on.

Depending when the supporters bus arrives we might be tight for time, is there anywhere closer to Firhill than the Woodside that does decent food? (and beer obviously).

Is there a bar/social club at the stadium?

I fear I'm sounding like Third Lanark here but there's a bar in the stadium that used to be pretty shit but got renovated over summer - apparently a big improvement. Not sure how good that makes it though, or whether they still chuck you out 30 minutes before kick off which pretty much ruins the 'convenience' factor...

Osman not in your 11?

I'd also play Bannigan on the left of the two DMs. :-P

I haven't seen any preseason so not got a clue how good he is apart from what I've read both here and on WAT. Bannigan and Fraser were two of our best players last season, especially in the last 3-4 months, so that's why I've gone with them. To be fair, Archie does seem like he would probably favour Osman to one of them since he's given him a lot of game time in the friendlies.

Fraser came on to a game as last season petered out and appears to have taken that form into pre-season, so I wouldn't exclude him.

Gallacher

McMillan/Balatoni /Seaborne/Bannigan

Fraser/Osman

Elliot/Stevenson/Higginbotham

Doolan

That looks like our best line up at present imho. Only difference I can possibly see is Archie maybe punting Seaborne onto the left and starting with Muirhead at CB.

If Seaborne sews up CB along with Balatoni, I can't imagine Muirhead will still want to be at the club come January. Part of me feels he deserves a shot at being in the starting 11 for a sustained period but he hardly convinced there last season.

Osman and Fraser in the middle IMO. Would start Seabo at CB and Bannigan at LB. I don't really trust Muirhead and Balatoni together anymore.

Looking forward to this. No idea how it will pan out and I'm not particularly confident. All I've seen of pre-season is the Sunderland game and we weren't terrible. BTTS.

Based on yesterday I think Adams will try something different. I'd like:

Reguero

Fenlon Balk Boyd Celcer

Brittain Kiss

Cardle De Leeuw Carey

Arquin

Not going to make a prediction because I dunno what to expect but hopefully a county win and an exciting game lots of goals in this fixture last season.

An unispiring home fixture kicks off our 2014/15 season. Preseason has been low key at best and we find ourselves facing a County side who have apparently greatly strengthened their squad.

Thistle have two confirmed signings to date but may have one or two new faces in for Wednesday.

Hard to predict our line-up as Archie has rotated the squad over the last few weeks. More questions than answers at the moment. Fox or Gallacher? Balatoni and Muirhead? SOD or McMillan? McMillan or Keenan? Ossie and Stevenson will start but will Stevenson play behind Doolan or will they get in each other's space?

Not sure if we'll even go 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3/ 4-3-2-1?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

C'mon the Jags!

I know you say it's uninspiring, but I'm starting to really look forward to this. A combination of it being the first game of the season proper for us (footie's back at Firhill, woop woop) and the fact it was a pretty entertaining game to close out last season.

Not expecting a match in the same vein as the 3-2 game, of course, but I don't see it being a shitfest by any means. Gut says it'll be an entertaining 1-1.

^^^ that goal really annoyed me as we'd lost exactly the same goal to Danny Wilson 3 whole days earlier, really hoping we can tighten up on set pieces this season.

edit: here- splendid marking by Lee Mair on both occasions.

http://youtu.be/uVr9kkQBFGs?t=2m13s

Looks as if SEOborne (googling yourself as a pulling technique, whatta guy) has been signed to go straight into the first team- I do hope it's at CB and I'd go with the same team as Nizzy did on the previous page.

Archived