Managers wages

RobRoyGuy

Been wondering as genuinely don't know but how much would a top manager in the juniors get? What percentage of managers even take a wage? I can imagine at least half of the managers in junior football do it for nothing, with a good percentage after that only getting travel expenses. I guess for the majority it's all about the love of the game , being involved and moving up the ranks either with the team they manage or moving on to a more lucrative post.

What got me thinking about this is a couple of people mentioned to me that my own teams manager does it for nothing and can't imagine he takes any travel expenses as lives nearby. Says a lot about these kind of managers doing a near full time job for the game they love.

Another thought is maybe some are on a bonus type package depending on how they do at the end of the season.

Players wages are obsessed over yet nobody ever mentions a manager on big bucks, I guess that says it all really, I can imagine a few havepprobably knocked back wages rather that money went into player wage budget..

Ask Jimmy Lyndsay lol

Rather not ha!

Our managers only get expenses I know that

The previous manager was the highest paid person at the club

Tommy Bryce took a good wage?

Heard Jock Findlayson has never taken a penny out of the club since they went junior in the early 80`s, been their one & only manager in that time, a Hill O` Beath legend.

Hats off to that Guy . your club am sure are very lucky to have a guy like him

Hats off to that Guy . your club am sure are very lucky to have a guy like him

.........................................................................................................................

H.O.B are our local rivals wasps, respect where its due.

Heard Jock Findlayson has never taken a penny out of the club since they went junior in the early 80`s, been their one & only manager in that time, a Hill O` Beath legend.

Respect. For the love of the game and HIS team. Pity players didn't follow this line. What he and Davie Baillie have achieved is fantastic. Never mind taking a penny out of the club. It must've cost them a sma fortune over the years. Like I say. For the love of the game!!

Jimmy Lindsay and Derek Frye were both on £350 a week .

That's jumped up from the 200 a week i heard this time next year it will probably be 500 a week each!.

Respect. For the love of the game and HIS team. Pity players didn't follow this line. What he and Davie Baillie have achieved is fantastic. Never mind taking a penny out of the club. It must've cost them a sma fortune over the years. Like I say. For the love of the game!!

Jock Finlayson has been Hill of Beath's 1 and only manager since they were formed in 1975 great achievement by the man with so much dedication to his club

Archived