Parking Issues

cumnocklad1912

I use my legs so don't have that problem at adamslie.

Arthurlie can be tricky, can imagine meadow park is a bit of a nightmare when busy. Most grounds seems to have at least a bit of land next to or near ground to park on.

Cumnock ain't the best parking facilities, can imagine it's a nightmare when busy also,

Adamslie towards the end was terrible but before even with the social club there it was big, when the social club disappeared it was a massive car park.

Largs is another that must be a bit of a nightmare when a decent crowd is in attendance.

Cambuslang as well down that one way street.

Speaking of the position of grounds, do any junior clubs have signs in the vicinity of their ground with directions? Most are tucked away with little or no clue as to his to get there.

Good point. Many a time av been asked directions to the Vale. We have a sign at the entrance saying Ladeside pavilion but that's it.

Parking at meadow park is easy if you know where to go. I always drive to games and have never had trouble finding a space less than a 2 minute walk from the ground. That includes games with crowds over 1000

would say at most grounds easy parking can be found within a 10 minute walk. for medda you can park at the wee industrial units near the turf, irvine vics i use cunninghame house, buffs the main st carpark, beith is street parking, dalry park at lidl, kilbirnie i park on main st outside, largs can be a bit of a walk but plenty of street parking,

At beith we are mostly okay if only beith are playing at home.

However if the local amateur team are playing ( they park / share our complex at our ground/AstroTurf and walk to the public park which is 500 yards away .

Also if our astro turf is getting used on top of beith juniors and beith amateurs being at home then the parking problem can be a nightmare as the narrow road that runs adjacent to the astro turf ends up with cars being double parked and the other cars can struggle to get out the bottleneck.

Cumnock ain't the best parking facilities, can imagine it's a nightmare when busy also,

Adamslie towards the end was terrible but before even with the social club there it was big, when the social club disappeared it was a massive car park.

Largs is another that must be a bit of a nightmare when a decent crowd is in attendance.

Cambuslang as well down that one way street.

Somervell street isn't 'one way'.

Somervell street isn't 'one way'.

Yeah was still half asleep when i wrote that . Of course its two way but narrow road with a dead end . Not a great area for parking if a decent crowd , was a bit chatoic when we played a cup final there years ago what i remember.

Yeah was still half asleep when i wrote that . Of course its two way but narrow road with a dead end . Not a great area for parking if a decent crowd , was a bit chatoic when we played a cup final there years ago what i remember.

Years ago we were allowed to use the Hoover car park , but since they closed the factory & raised the place to the ground it's been a dead end street.

Your right , it's not the best.

Archived