Kilmarnock vs Aberdeen - 13/08/14

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killie actually played some really nice football tonight.

Tope Obadeyi looked like a different player compared to his performance at Dens.

Connolly was solid again.

Time to drop Pasca and bring Ashcroft back in the team.

Even though we got beat I'm not actually that disheartened.

We play like that and our season will be decent.

Good result that.

We still seem better on the road.

Ironically it might have been a good time to play St Mirren on Saturday but a ten day rest is probably not the worst thing.

Pasca needs to go. He offers nothing at all. Used to be a good motivator, even that seems to have gone now. Ashcroft back in on Saturday please.

We were poor tonight and what we deserved, pass marks to Connolly and Slater though.

Well I was right AJ,s still tactically clueless . It's want quite hoofball but an altered version of it.

Aberdeen were ordinary but still too good for us Flood showed Hamill what a holding midfielder should do, and they had several finishers .

Slater at least looked in the mood but too often he had no out ball . We are going to struggle to score goals which we already knew but hoped our defence would cancel that out , don't think so unfortunately on this showing

On the plus side the Maureen's are below us , every cloud

Frustrating game as aberdeen looked better all over, hopefully only because they have more gsmes under their belt. Pass marks Slater, McKenzie and Eremenko who did more in 20 min than anyone else. Most worrying aspect was a lot of route one despite their defence being massive and little creativity thru midfield or width. Pitch seemed 'fine' but did create some funny spins and at times players ie Johnson seemed to be dragging the ball along

Didn't think we were too bad overall, but we petered out badly and the subs made no difference. After the slagging he got at the weekend, actually thought Tope Obadeyi was our best player. Bit clumsy, but had a good turn and pace about him. And willing to chase any lost causes.

AJ saying we are hoping to get a striker tomorrow. Michael Ngoo?

I was at a different game if Obadeyi was our best player. Magennis tried hard but Obadeyi, Muirhead and Cairney were all poor. I don't see where they equate to quality over quantity. Agree Eremenko did more in 20 mins creatively than all the rest in the entire game. It was a reasonably even game but we had zip in terms of goal threat. Willow Flood was head and shoulders above everyone on the park.

Gonnae be a long season

I thought we did well at times, but lacked a proficient striker with which to finish with then we created good chances. Josh Magennis, much as (I think) he tried quite hard couldn't score to save himself tonight. A better striker would have at the very least made sure Aberdeen didn't have a shut-out. Still, credit to Aberdeen for finishing clinically, I still think you guys will finish in the top three this year.

Anyway, onwards and upwards to Dingwall. I fancy our chances there! (This can only end well...)

I still think Josh is saving his self for his 5 minute hat trick against Ayr in 13 days time. Hamill looked ok in the midfield and was always looking for the ball. Connolly for some reason reminds me of Frazer Wright, a big centre half, who can look solid but has a mistake in him and doesn't look the most relaxed when in control of the ball. Tope had glimpses of a good player, hopefully he can use his speed to take the ball past players more often. Like often Slater played well, Alexei looked more like his old self and Chantler seemed to look like a good player. Hopefully we can kick start our season on Saturday.

Archived