The Edinburgh City Toilet Emulation Thread

tamthebam

Edinburgh City F.C. are now doing reet canny Geordie type pies, man

post-12982-0-83084200-1407626326_thumb.j

as eaten by Vicki from Geordie Shore. If she ever came to watch City like. Probably.

post-12982-0-15144100-1407626374_thumb.j

anyway 3 games, 3 wins, 9 points. Has to be the Golden Cludgie award so far...

post-12982-0-42798800-1407626506_thumb.j

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I might bet ye,

Spartans title hopes are doon the nettie,

You're a boghouse poet of much wit

And they should to you erect a monument made of TRUE GRIT

Finished it off for you Tam.

Grimbo

Grim's mention of True Grit reminds me that back in the early days our ex-Liberton Cropley contingent used to sing "She wore a yellow ribbon" on the team bus- one of them was a big John Wayne fan. Apparently one team talk went "today is John Wayne's birthday- I want you to go out and beat that lot for THE DUKE"...

post-12982-0-08314300-1407879156.jpg

I see the City are riding high

you know I'm not one to scoff

but I'm wondering how long it'll take

before your wheels come off?

edcitycar1_zps729c2986.jpg

:P

Grimbo

P.s. I'm available to do custom spray jobs (see above)

Is that the taxi that took Gary "Fatboy" O'Connor to Selkirk.....?!

Whilst in the boozer at Castle Dougie before the match, talking to a bloke who was in with his wee laddie, he said he & his lad had been to the Selkirk game & showed us a picture on the lads phone of Gary & his lad, he said he was brilliant with everyone.

Grimbo

Whilst in the boozer at Castle Dougie before the match, talking to a bloke who was in with his wee laddie, he said he & his lad had been to the Selkirk game & showed us a picture on the lads phone of Gary & his lad, he said he was brilliant with everyone.

Grimbo

I hear Johnny Vegas is too mate but doesn't change what they have in common......

(It's happy hour again)
Don't believe it oh no
'Cause it's never really happened to us
(It's happy hour again)
Oh woah woah

"Happy Hour" by the Housemartinmassaros...

Yes folks, and also Yes Folks, it's cludgie time again!

post-12982-0-83365500-1408840000_thumb.j

Last week's 5-0 against Fort Billie gets another golden cludgie. They were no a bad team and the 17 year old keeper pulled off some fine saves to keep the score down. The lad shows some dedication, travelling long distances to train and play for the Fort so hat's off to him.

post-12982-0-48549400-1408840106.jpg

Today's match was a classic, and needs a classic bog. This one is in the magnificent public lavs at Rothesay.

City went 1-0 up and then were 2-0 to the good with a cracking 20 yarder from Sumo. Having started brightly we faded a bit and Gala were gifted one and then fired in an equaliser- a great chip from distance by their player. "Dash it, that's quite annoying" we thought at half time but worse was to come when a Gala free kick evaded the City defence and was fired in at the back post. But when you can bring off the bench a couple of quality players you're likely to come back into the match. City enjoyed a fine spell of pressure and a Guthrie equaliser and one Ross Allum hat-trick later we went up the road happy at having witnessed a very entertaining match and a remarkable 6-3 scoreline.

Another cracker should be in prospect at Meadowbank on Wednesday as we take on the Soapy Souters and their new pal Fat Gary.. forget the rest, it's City for thrills!

Great game for any neutral. Referee was a disaster though and he really needs to be reviewed at this level. He was genuinely bad.

Also.. There's concern when his ASSISTANT makes comments Like - 'yeah I seen it but what do you want me to do about it? It was more than 10 yards away from me!' that is worrying and two goals came off the back of a very clear foul on Gala players!!!

Great game for any neutral. Referee was a disaster though and he really needs to be reviewed at this level. He was genuinely bad.

Also.. There's concern when his ASSISTANT makes comments Like - 'yeah I seen it but what do you want me to do about it? It was more than 10 yards away from me!' that is worrying and two goals came off the back of a very clear foul on Gala players!!!

Tsk! moaning about the ref, wouldn't happen on a Spartans thread! :unsure:

Grimbo

post-12982-0-46743500-1409434319.jpg

Edinburgh City 3 Selkirk 0

Attention on Mr O'Connor, who got himself sent off near the end after drawing a blank and we beat a team at the top of the table 3-0. Edinburgh is black and white, or at least it's WCs are...

post-12982-0-07831300-1409434514_thumb.j

The team seemed to freeze a bit today and came away with a point. Last season we'd have been glad of a point away to Stirling Yooni, this season we're a bit disappointed which shows the progress we've made.

Free kick is given against the Uni. Student gets booked for the foul I think but clearly says "aw f**k off" and isn't booked for that. We equalise and Ross Allum is given what appears to be a straight red for saying "fucking get it up ye" in celebration.

Now, I dare say the letter of the law is such that Mr Allum was guilty of less than gentlemanly conduct but as that old sod Dr Johnson said "well sir if that is the law, then the law is a ass". And just because you play for a student team doesn't mean you shouldn't be treated the same as anyone else. It can't be bias towards youth as most of our team are barely out of nappies themselves.

Ach well, a nice tasty fixture to look forward to against our old Rosewell pals on Wednesday...

post-12982-0-65932500-1409434869.jpg

not a reference to Sir Peter at all. honest.

Ha ha tam, the old students get away with it chat. I mentioned on here ( few years back) that the uni teams get the benefit of referees decisions in most games as if they can't possibly be playing outwith the rules. I was generally speaking shot down by a lot on here.

My point was not the obvious stuff but the repeated niggly fouls and dissent go unpunished where as the opposition get booked for the same.

I genuinely believe that the referee makes 'allowances' for them and would not do so if being asked to review the game on tape without knowing who the teams are. And IMO that's wrong.

How did Stirling look? Does the new gaffer seem to be making her mark? Was there food laid on? ( apparently wasn't always last year)

A was at refs meeting last Sunday were they went over new rules all refs will be asked to enforce and 1 rule was if any 1 says get it up yee or does the get it up yee fist pump is a straight red!! Even to there own fans ???? if u do it to ur own fans a said it's more of a get in there gesture but not aloud at all this season a so on... Berwick had player sent off for same thing last year and am sure griffiths something similar for hibs

Archived