St Mirren vs Hamilton Accies - 13/08/14

Forgot to add, much credit to TC for his after match interview on the radio. Refreshingly honest, and admitted we fully deserved the win.

He answered the question he'd forgotten that he wasn't answering.

Alzheimer's?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The boy Plummer looks a player, the rest were an absolute shambles.

Agree. Adam Drury - another potential Man City loanee - was in the stand.

If he's anything like as good he will be a tremendous addition.

Agree. Adam Drury - another potential Man City loanee - was in the stand.

If he's anything like as good he will be a tremendous addition.

f**k knows we need it! I can't understand how we went from looking competent but toothless at Fir Park to the absolute shambles tonight. It was one of the worst performances I've seen for years. Struggling to remember such a poor home performance from us to be honest.

I guess it is injuries/suspensions, losing Wylde, Thompson, Goodwin is tough. But we have no depth, no replacement for Thompson, nor Goodwin and bringing Brown in was criminal. Not ready and not the right game for that. He got bullied all over the park. Really felt sorry for him. It also seemed like we had no shape- we squeezed players in to some sort of formation but what were Marwood and Caldwell playing? Reilly in central mid?

Looking at the team now and comparing it to the team from 2 or 3 years ago is night and day. We just have no experience on that pitch- McAusland at 26 our oldest outfield player starting?

Very glad we have 10 days till the next game, but it is massive. I'd hoped we'd have perhaps 4 points from the first 2 games. Dundee will be very tough, and a failure to beat the then we're looking at a very long season.

Very glad we have 10 days till the next game, but it is massive. I'd hoped we'd have perhaps 4 points from the first 2 games. Dundee will be very tough, and a failure to beat the then we're looking at a very long season.

I understand your plight, and frankly a win for the Dee in ten days in Paisley regardless of what happens against Thistle will certainly give us much needed breathing space. With McGowan and Harkins returning, no doubt highly motivated it promises to be an important fixture as early as this on the season.

Anyway on to Saturday.....

I understand your plight, and frankly a win for the Dee in ten days in Paisley regardless of what happens against Thistle will certainly give us much needed breathing space. With McGowan and Harkins returning, no doubt highly motivated it promises to be an important fixture as early as this on the season.

Anyway on to Saturday.....

It's a stick on that one or both will score. Hartley was extra motivated versus us too, so no doubt will have his team fired up. Frankly I can't see us taking anything from the game at the moment, if Hamilton had scored 5 tonight it wouldn't have been unfair. The only positive is we didn't let them score 10 against us!

McGowan is a miss, but on balance we were probably right to release him as after his trouble with the law his performances weren't the same and he probably needed new motivation. Harkins sadly never kicked a ball for us. For whatever reason, whenever he played we looked woeful and when Danny dropped him we massively improved!

St. Mirren were dreadful. I couldn't believe the amount of times St. Mirren gave the ball away.

The midfield went missing several times which gave the Hamilton players too much space and resulted in their first goal. We were really missing Goodwin.

I thought Plummer was our only half decent player tonight. Mcausland, in particular, was unbelievably poor. Unfortunately, it doesnt look like the young lad Brown is ready to make the step up to the first team yet.

Some of the tackles the ref was letting Alex Neil off with were outragous! I think he didn't even get booked - can't help but feel if it was Goodwin making those tackles he would have seen red. Also, did the linesman on the main stand side even make a decision tonight? So many times the ball went out for a throw-in and he didn't have a clue and just froze until the ref made the decision.

St Mirren were woeful. That said we were outstanding, pressing high giving them no time on the ball and counter attacking, brillant all round, we play like that most of the season and we could be best of the rest.

I think people are getting a wee but carried away with Accies performance. They were good, but not as good as some are making out. Virtually any team in Scotland would have beaten us last night. We were shockingly bad.

Or was it how we played and pressed hight up with intensity that made you play bad? Don't think u can play so well on a sat then shit the bed on a Wednesday!

Could it be that that you got to play the weaker team from the shire on sat and the best team last night? lol

St. Mirren were dreadful. I couldn't believe the amount of times St. Mirren gave the ball away.

The midfield went missing several times which gave the Hamilton players too much space and resulted in their first goal. We were really missing Goodwin.

I thought Plummer was our only half decent player tonight. Mcausland, in particular, was unbelievably poor. Unfortunately, it doesnt look like the young lad Brown is ready to make the step up to the first team yet.

Some of the tackles the ref was letting Alex Neil off with were outragous! I think he didn't even get booked - can't help but feel if it was Goodwin making those tackles he would have seen red. Also, did the linesman on the main stand side even make a decision tonight? So many times the ball went out for a throw-in and he didn't have a clue and just froze until the ref made the decision.

Think this line has been trotted out every time we have played you in the last 6 or 7 years. :)

St Mirren were woeful. That said we were outstanding, pressing high giving them no time on the ball and counter attacking, brillant all round, we play like that most of the season and we could be best of the rest.

Easy Lionel.

Or was it how we played and pressed hight up with intensity that made you play bad? Don't think u can play so well on a sat then shit the bed on a Wednesday!

Could it be that that you got to play the weaker team from the shire on sat and the best team last night? lol

lol

Fantastic performance, especially that second half.

Crawford, Redmond, Gillespie, Gordon, Jesus, MAC, Dazzler, McGovern - you lot in particular, take a bow.

Had we put away some of those sitters it could have turned into a rout.

Play without a defensive midfielder = get cuffed.

People were saying they wanted to see McLean and McGinn play together in the middle, but it's a terrible idea if they haven't got someone sitting in behind them. As soon as Declan Hughes wasn't available, I had a feeling we were in trouble (though it would've been a risk pitching him in, too, in fairness).

This is why we need JG on the park and why he let us down on Saturday.

Fuxake Saints. :(

Archived