Arbroath vs Albion Rovers

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. With a quicker partner alongside him to cover his obvious lack of pace, I've felt for a while that this could have worked well, but with the signings that has been made I can only assume Allan Moore see's it differently.

And thank God he does , Nicol is a fine big midfielder , but never a centre half , we were very lucky on a couple of occasions on Saturday when he gave the ball away trying to be too composed when what was needed was just to get the ball cleared , he also misjudged headed clearences three times , thankfully the inexperienced Fisher was there to sweep up , Keep him in midfield I say , he can lead from there

Going by the SFA website it seems like Craig Johnstone is free to play. He did have a 2 match suspension and McWalter a one game, so I presume that the Hamilton league cup game counted as one of those 2?

I know in the courier on Thursday had reported trialist Euan Murray who started at Berwick was already missing through injury.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2014/15/PlayerSuspensions/LOS04(14AUG)VMCW.pdf

Interestingly that Andy Black who played briefly as a trialist for us but looked good is listed under the championship suspensions. Has he signed for anyone yet?

What ever happened to Tony Wallace?

Tony Wallace has signed for Broomhill, who have just started their first season in the lowland league. I think he still stays in Glasgow so travel wise it probably works well for him if he has things outside of football he wants to concentrate on while still playing the game. We were repeatidly told he was 'desperate' to sign for us by a few fans, which is quite clearly bollocks if we did offer him a deal and he went to Broomhill instead.

I was under the impression Ewan Murray was still contracted to Motherwell, so I think we've signed him on loan as opposed to as a trialist, as I'm not sure you can trial for a club in competitive games while registered with another club? I'm far from certain on that though, so you could be right.

With the current injuries we have, I suspect we'll go with a back 4 of Trav, Fisher, El Zubaidi and Johnstone tomorrow.

Thats the loan signing of El Zubaidi confirmed, looks like he can play left back too. I'd go for this line-up tomorrow:

Crawford

Travis - Little - Fisher - El Zubaidi

Linn - Nicoll - Hunter - McBride

Buchan - McManus

If you do a google search it comes up with a Motherwell FC page and he has the number 23, but if you go to the Motherwell website and look at their first team squad and their under 20 team he is no longer there and Adam Cummins is #23 so I'm led to believe he is a free agent.

This was in the Daily Record the other week.Looks like Murray never got a deal with Sigma.Former Motherwell youngster Euan Murray, 20, has been invited for a trial with Czech side Sigma Olomouc. (Daily Record)

Thats the loan signing of El Zubaidi confirmed, looks like he can play left back too. I'd go for this line-up tomorrow:

Crawford

Travis - Little - Fisher - El Zubaidi

Linn - Nicoll - Hunter - McBride

Buchan - McManus

I agree with Buchan getting a start tomorrow. That's 2 goals in 2 games off the bench and looked lively last week. Cause Berwick a few problems. If consider McBride at LB and Murray on LW.

Tony Wallace has signed for Broomhill, who have just started their first season in the lowland league. I think he still stays in Glasgow so travel wise it probably works well for him if he has things outside of football he wants to concentrate on while still playing the game. We were repeatidly told he was 'desperate' to sign for us by a few fans, which is quite clearly bollocks if we did offer him a deal and he went to Broomhill instead.

I was under the impression Ewan Murray was still contracted to Motherwell, so I think we've signed him on loan as opposed to as a trialist, as I'm not sure you can trial for a club in competitive games while registered with another club? I'm far from certain on that though, so you could be right.

With the current injuries we have, I suspect we'll go with a back 4 of Trav, Fisher, El Zubaidi and Johnstone tomorrow.

He never got offered a deal and never even heard back from Moore.

He never got offered a deal and never even heard back from Moore.

Very surprised at that, and slightly disappointed. I think he would have been an excellent signing...

If Tony Wallace was going to be such a "great" signing for a team in League 2, why has no club in League 2 offered him a contract, maybe because no one thought he was such a "great signing"

If Tony Wallace was going to be such a "great" signing for a team in League 2, why has no club in League 2 offered him a contract, maybe because no one thought he was such a "great signing"

Injury problems are probably off putting

In terms of what we have signed currently, Tony Wallace has more experience, more potential and from what I have seen and heard can play to the same good standard in several positions. However, like the vast majority of fans, I don't know what he's like in the dressing room, on the training ground etc etc, so there could be a variety of reasons he wasn't fancied, or it could simply be that Allan Moore doesn't rate him as a player which is fair enough.

Making a judgement on competitives games he's played against us, most in a higher division than the one were currently in, I've always thought he's done very well against us and proved he could definitely do a job at this level.

Archived