Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Dundee FC - 13/08/14

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I think caley thistle are much better than us?? No.

McKay is the only clear difference between the sides for me - proven goalscorer at this level.

Tonight's all about trying to keep the ball, keeping it tight at the back and trying to counter when we get the opportunity. Nobody likes a midweek game up in the highlands and we will do very well to grab a point here never mind all 3.

If we do lose I just hope people hold off on the meltdowns. Very early doors and this is now 1 of the hardest away trips in the league.

McKay is the only clear difference between the sides for me - proven goalscorer at this level.

Tonight's all about trying to keep the ball, keeping it tight at the back and trying to counter when we get the opportunity. Nobody likes a midweek game up in the highlands and we will do very well to grab a point here never mind all 3.

If we do lose I just hope people hold off on the meltdowns. Very early doors and this is now 1 of the hardest away trips in the league.

yes, mckay is the only player of ours you have to worry about. :)

_74627215_christie-goal.jpg

23546693.jpg

This is the unfounded arrogance I was on about in other threads. Some fans seem to genuinely believe Willie Dyer is a similar standard to Graeme Shinnie

Yeah, a team who were in the Championahip last season and have signed a load of Hibs rejects and a settled, experiences top 6 side have exactly the same quality. Sound.

Can't make this :( gutted. Will the game be streamed by ICT or on any radio station?

I don't think so. I used Wiziwig.tv for online viewing http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?∂=sports&discipline=football&allowedDays=2,3,4,5,6&competitionid=&archive=no&sel_comp=no&p=2

All I see is the Celtic game televised and having radio commentary, so far.

edit: Nothing on Alba either.

I don't think so. I used Wiziwig.tv for online viewing http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?∂=sports&discipline=football&allowedDays=2,3,4,5,6&competitionid=&archive=no&sel_comp=no&p=2

All I see is the Celtic game televised and having radio commentary, so far.

edit: Nothing on Alba either.

Cheers. Looks like the live updates for me then.

This is the unfounded arrogance I was on about in other threads. Some fans seem to genuinely believe Willie Dyer is a similar standard to Graeme Shinnie

Is this not arrogance in itself?? Have you seen willie dyer?? He's a very different player to the willie dyer that came to dens under bomber.

In terms of game changing difference I think McKay is caleys main man. You were all frothing at the mouth to trumpet how good he is. Overall I don't think your defence is any better than ours.

Shinnie is a quality player, no doubt about it and of course he is superior to dyer. There again I'd probably say that McGowan is better than any of caleys midfielders. Thomson is looking like the player he was and again his pedigree is streets ahead of anything caley have.

My comment wasn't the only player we need to worry about is McKay - of course it isn't, but he is the major difference between the 2 teams. Both like to keep the ball and build from the back, both are defensively quite solid, both have fairly solid goalkeepers. Caley have a proven goalscorer, we don't.

If that's classed as arrogance in the highlands the maybe it is as backwards as some make out.

Don't go basing the relative strength of the 2 teams on this 1 game though, Inverness on a wet Wednesday is a nightmare away day, let's wait until caley come to dens and compare over both games.

There again I'd probably say that McGowan is better than any of caleys midfielders. Thomson is looking like the player he was and again his pedigree is streets ahead of anything caley have.

Jesus....

inverness don't have 4g at the ground for Dundee to do the live tv stream,

Even the 3G is pretty garbage at the ground. Especially "Everything Everywhere".

Looks like the trains are back on in case any Dee fans are travelling up to the Highlands by rail. Couple of delays but at least they're back on.

Is this not arrogance in itself?? Have you seen willie dyer?? He's a very different player to the willie dyer that came to dens under bomber.

In terms of game changing difference I think McKay is caleys main man. You were all frothing at the mouth to trumpet how good he is. Overall I don't think your defence is any better than ours.

Shinnie is a quality player, no doubt about it and of course he is superior to dyer. There again I'd probably say that McGowan is better than any of caleys midfielders. Thomson is looking like the player he was and again his pedigree is streets ahead of anything caley have.

You do realise he's a St Johnstone supporter?

Give me Ryan Christie over Paul McGowan or Gary Harkins. Any day.

Overall I don't think your defence is any better than ours.

I must admit that I don't know much about Dundee, there's been next to no football chat in this thread so it's hard to gauge what you will be like, but I feel that Shinnie, as you say is ahead of your left back. Meekings and Warren are both better than McPake. I don't know anything about your other CB. Your RB could well be better than Raven. He seems to be competent but nothing more. It's an area I'd love us to strengthen if possible.

Archived