St.Rochs

Thejuniorguy

Just back from watching st.rochs v shettleston I am very Impressed with the changes up at the roch look like they have a great bunch of players and think they will be contenders to win there league I know it's only one game in cup section but beating shettleston 2-1 is a great result good luck to the roch

Go on the candy .... Certainly turned it round quickly from last year.

And by the looks of it defo title contenders

Brilliant result for st roch's today !! Don't get carried away though , one sectional cup game doesn't mean st roch's are going to be top positions just as this result meaning shettleston will struggle after everyone tipping them to do well.

Again well done the Candy ! Interesting section that now after petershill losing today.

Well done to st rochs certainly improved on last season. As for Shettleston nobody at club has been saying we are going to win anything this season. We have had a good pre season against good teams but fact is in house we would be happy to stay up and would take that if offered right now. As for yesterday's game the roch wanted it more than us and if one game is anything to go on should do well in Central 2nd but I'm sure every other club in that division will be taking note. Fact is we were 2 0 down after few mins mainly due to bad refereeing and bumpy pitch and were up against it after that. All that said good luck to st rochs it's good to see them on the up and I hope it continues guys up there working hard on and off the pitch .

Seen the majority of home games through pre season and was there on saturday first and foremost thought the pitch looked good altho town sayin bumpy think that may be just because park needs a bit of rain however looked good and so does the inside of the club the boys have put in alot of good work during the close season and must be commended. on the pitch the new manager looks like hes getting the right players into the club. players of old that know the club, the better players staying from last season, and bringing in hungry local talented lads from the local areas who also know the traditions of the club. i have seen alot of good signs throughout pre season and also saturday aswell where the boys showed alot of energy, fight and footballing ability that leaves me with optimism for the season however im not one to get carried away as the last couple seasons have shown me when we finally think we ve turned the corner we then get a reality check and take a hit however by the looks of it this new management team and the players there wont let that happen. we wont get carried away as supporters and there is a reason why we are 16/1 for the league we are a modest club with alot of people working hard behind the scenes and the players that come in deserve alot of credit because im sure they dont recieve a penny so know they are playing for the manager and the club.

another positive was seeing the gate on saturday thought was a decent crowd there and hope this is a sign of things to come with the manager having managed the local amateur team a think the locals are getting back behind the club which can only be benificial. hopefully keeps up even when celtic are playing at home . but being amongst the supporters i sensed a buzz about the place that i havent experienced in a few years however 1 result doesnt make us the finished article. these games can still be seen as a pre season but im delighted to see our boys never treated the fixture like this. hoping the good work continues and the results keep up altho league business is what its all about.

seem like getting good strong squad for 1st time in a while with looking at the bench on saturday with McFadyen, Logan, Highland

on the park having dak back is a massive bonus and thought defensively looked solid with connors experience and really like new captain mcknight really impressive throughout pre season, keeping shiels is massive as he will be getting looked at also young meewan in middle of park and getting stewart fit upfront again is massive good spine then so hopefully better to come. whislt keeping these players is imperrative.

well done lads but its just the start im sure the management team is emphasising that but was delighted with sat and all the best to shettleston still think they ll do really well n the league as quality there in abundance just perhaps wasnt your day altho taking nothing away from our boys .

Seen the majority of home games through pre season and was there on saturday first and foremost thought the pitch looked good altho town sayin bumpy think that may be just because park needs a bit of rain however looked good and so does the inside of the club the boys have put in alot of good work during the close season and must be commended. on the pitch the new manager looks like hes getting the right players into the club. players of old that know the club, the better players staying from last season, and bringing in hungry local talented lads from the local areas who also know the traditions of the club. i have seen alot of good signs throughout pre season and also saturday aswell where the boys showed alot of energy, fight and footballing ability that leaves me with optimism for the season however im not one to get carried away as the last couple seasons have shown me when we finally think we ve turned the corner we then get a reality check and take a hit however by the looks of it this new management team and the players there wont let that happen. we wont get carried away as supporters and there is a reason why we are 16/1 for the league we are a modest club with alot of people working hard behind the scenes and the players that come in deserve alot of credit because im sure they dont recieve a penny so know they are playing for the manager and the club.

another positive was seeing the gate on saturday thought was a decent crowd there and hope this is a sign of things to come with the manager having managed the local amateur team a think the locals are getting back behind the club which can only be benificial. hopefully keeps up even when celtic are playing at home . but being amongst the supporters i sensed a buzz about the place that i havent experienced in a few years however 1 result doesnt make us the finished article. these games can still be seen as a pre season but im delighted to see our boys never treated the fixture like this. hoping the good work continues and the results keep up altho league business is what its all about.

seem like getting good strong squad for 1st time in a while with looking at the bench on saturday with McFadyen, Logan, Highland

on the park having dak back is a massive bonus and thought defensively looked solid with connors experience and really like new captain mcknight really impressive throughout pre season, keeping shiels is massive as he will be getting looked at also young meewan in middle of park and getting stewart fit upfront again is massive good spine then so hopefully better to come. whislt keeping these players is imperrative.

well done lads but its just the start im sure the management team is emphasising that but was delighted with sat and all the best to shettleston still think they ll do really well n the league as quality there in abundance just perhaps wasnt your day altho taking nothing away from our boys .

Man that's a brilliant post!

Any comments on the refereeing as I thought the guy was abysmal? Both teams clubs agreed after it was never a penalty and he denied town a goal for something only he seen but at rochs players kicked the ball away everytime town got a free kick or throw in and he did nothing about it and this went on from 10th min. I heard him comment to coaches after game that he did his best? If that's his best god help whoever else gets him this season. I sense a murder is ahead. Your correct RRG that was a great post and I hope st rochs can kick on couple of ex town players there good luck to them for rest of season .

The pitch is usually quite bumpy at our place. Always a leveller for both teams and hasn't stopped many others giving us a doing over the last few years.

Dak is a great signing and good to see John Connor back as well.

Also, I'm delighted Gary Stewart is fit and in form. His injury at Wishaw last season was a sad day for everyone at the Club so it's tremendous to see him back.

town i dont want to deflect too much away from what my team did and how well i thought they did as i said we ve had in all honesty a nightmare last couple of years where in the other hand yous have had success we ve took a few batterings including a couple from yourself so maybe saturday was just our day.

i agree ref wasnt the best and some of his decisions were a bit strange i agree with that and the penalty did look harsh as the ball looked to have took an awkward bounce and hit the hand of the player however dont think he could have done much so maybe luck was on our side suppose cant complain bout that but can see why you feel aggrieved. The goal a never saw what the foul was either to be honest however i think the referee blew the whistle several seconds before the ball was put into the net so im sure all the players already knew the whistle had been blown and the goal wouldnt have stood. At times we did slow the game down but if it was from the 10th minute then obviously the referee should have added on this time. shettleston still had ample time to get back into the game and had enough of the ball to do this

im proud of how the team battled because over last couple of years we ve shown a lack of it but i think its understandable if our players played for time at end as its a great result for the club against a club a couple divisions above although people might not think its an important competition that is an important result for our team and management and hopefully give them confidence to kick on so a think you could understand why our players did that at end.

if the town were beating auchinleck or hurlford or medda in a cup game with 10 to go i think they may adopt similar tactics as it would be a great result for there club however i may be mistaken

all the best tho

Agree with all you say ur boys wanted it more than ours and yes we would adopt same tactics and have. Point I'm making is refs there to address this and he didn't . Iv no gripe with st rochs I just hope our boys take some lessons from this game as we go towards a hard league campaign.

the Roch is definitely buzzing just now, the local community has got rite behind the team and there is a lot of u-16 taking interest as the get free entry and free membership into the candy rochers, our newly started childrens supporter group. The youngsters and locals have definitely added vibrancy and colour with their flags, singin and constant backing of the team. You can see the players are being spurred on, with a few of their heads being turned at the game on Saturday, as the fans were singing their names which came up in discussion with the players in the after match hospitality. Only got to see a few minutes of the game as we had a good crowd on sat so I was kept busy, chasing wayward balls, helping out in the shop, filling water bottles and various other duties which arised, so I cant comment on the referees performance, all I can say is I admire the people who take on this extremely difficult job and it's not one I'd be willing to do myself! As for the pitch being bumpy, I don't actually think the pitch was too bumpy, as we had a lot of rain the Sunday and Monday before the game, so the pitch was soft and frank and I were able to work on it, Frank rolled it and I was filling in any divots, so I don't think it was that bumpy. It's the best it's been in years and is by far not the worst pitch I've seen in the lower divisions. Maybe in the higher divisions you are used to a better standard of pitch, so I can understand your point. Kilbirnie's pitch on Tueday night was impeccable, but we just have to do the best we can with limited resources. Bankie bill, Scott is Graham Highlands brother. Scott was at Ashfield last season but I do not no where he is playing currently. Graham has been at us for years, and is a great ambassador for our club as he has stuck by us through some turbulent times the last few years, the man has been a credit to himself and to the Roch. Hopefully we can go out and give Bellshill a game on wed, and set us up nicely for our local derby against Petershill (away), which coincidently falls on St Roch's feast day! Is that an omen, as I have never seen St Roch's beat Peasy in my life! Here's hoping!

Best of luck with the rest of the season Shettleston. M.T.C.

Fantastic result for all involved at the club . Good luck to Andy for the season ahead he is the perfect fit for the club and I'm sure he will do well . Delighted for Gary Stewart to be back playing , as someone mentioned earlier it was a sad day at Wishaw last year when he picked up the injury so great that he's on the mend and scoring goals again.

Archived