Does your job mean that much to you?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Phoenix

I very briefly had a call centre job where they were kind enough to give you about 8 minutes throughout a working day (8 hour shifts each day, on average) for what they called "comfort breaks" which were to be used for the toilet outwith normal break times.

Packed it in after about 3 days, during the potty training.

Fixed.

Thankfully, all my line managers/bosses have been decent types, who aren't petty enough to monitor toilet breaks.

If I was ever unfortunate enough to have had a boss who was this type of micro-managing bawbag, I would get a new job then leave, but not before making sure I'd left an absolute disaster behind for this toilet watching p***k to sort out.

Triple time?

You having a laugh mate? Don't know any public sector worker who gets triple time,standard police overtime is 1.3. Generally it was just a cancelled rest day which means you work your rest day for a day back I.e no overtime. If you get held on you get time and third minus the first half hour free. I did make some overtime not a huge amount.

Sense the tone, Officer. I was aiming high.

Thats still a pretty piss poor OT though.

I'd shit myself for my job. I love my job.

Previous jobs I've sort of floated through, did what was required of me, did what I considered to be my fair share, but little else. With my current job I love it so much I put all my effort into doing it to the best of my ability. If I were required to shit myself I would.

Though if my job required me to shit myself I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it that much. So in conclusion, no I would not shit myself for my job.

I work in a call centre and am allowed 'personal breaks' whereby I can go to the toilet outwith scheduled break times. You're allocated 5 minutes to every hour of your shift I believe, which is very generous going by the responses in this thread!

My manager is quite lax(ative) on the matter and doesn't really monitor them - although it would flag up automatically if you were ripping the arse out it constantly. There have been occasions in the past where I've had to contend with a mammoth shite and the allocated 5 minutes is simply not enough, although thankfully it's not often.

I once turned up for work despite having been run over (and fairly badly banged up) while cycling in.

Seems stupid at first glance (and second, third and fourth glances), but I found that this got me a reputation at the company for being incredibly keen and dedicated. The upshot of this was that from that point on, no-one ever questioned it when I was late, if I had time off sick, or when I would typically start running down the clock from about 11am on a Friday.

Neat trick if you can do it.

Guest The Phoenix

I've heard about 15 variations of this story, yet 3 weeks later nobody has been able to provide the name of the office who it allegedly happened to.

PC Plop

I've heard about 15 variations of this story, yet 3 weeks later nobody has been able to provide the name of the office who it allegedly happened to.

Why on earth would his name become known outside the police force?

My work told us on the first week that they were going to be strict with the breaks, but so far they've been anything but. We're supposed to get an hour for lunch and two 15minutes over the 12hrs, but my two 15mins are more often than not two 30mins and I don't consider my lunch to have started until I've got my food and started eating.

They don't really have toilet breaks because were always up to send faxes etc so most people just take their toilet breaks on the way back from something work related. It's nightshift and I drink a hell of a lot of water to keep me awake, so I have to go once every hour.

In the past I've worked in call centre jobs where you get 8minutes over 8hours. As soon as you put your call status to unscheduled break the timer would start counting down, and if you went over you'd get pulled up. Made you feel about 5 years old

I take about 30 mins a day in the toilet at work. No-one has once said anything. That works out as me earning roughly £1040 a year on the shitter. Because of holidays and illness it'll most likely be around £900. Happy with that

Archived