Does your job mean that much to you?

After reading the astonishing story about how some police officers were not permitted to use toilet facilities whilst on duty at the Commonwealth Games, the outcomes are even more incredible:

Two officers had "accidents" whilst in uniform

A young PC wet himself whilst on duty at the perimeter entrance

Another officer, who was suffering from a stomach upset, soiled himself after being repeatedly denied access to a portable toilet as he did not have the correct accreditation pass. He had been denied a break despite asking five times.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said they had looked into claims about an officer wetting himself and had not yet been able to identify the constable said to be involved.

So, would you ever embarrass yourself in such a way for the sake of your job?

Just after I'd started work in an office, we had a team meeting and I was busting to go, and eventually had no choice but to stand up and say I needed to pop out for a few minutes. The woman running the meeting told me I would have to wait and to sit down - like I was at school! I just walked out anyway and she had a right go at me afterwards. I left a few days later. If I'd just sat there as told to, the outcome would have been unthinkable.

Are police officers really that constrained?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never underestimate the ability of a jobsworth in high viz, give some people a sniff of authority and they turn into the gestapo

Football stewards are without doubt the worlds worst at this.

My last workplace had a big fancy meal and launch of a new idea at a five star hotel.

We were given champagne and wine and had a starter. Before the main course the CEO stood up and said he was going to give his presentation and that if anyone wanted to go to the toilet to go now. I didn't need a pee and thought well surely it will just be an informal ten minute thing...

Once everyone came back in, the doors were closed and the lights all went out. Forty minutes later the presentation was still going on, you could see the slide number and it was only about half way through. I was now bursting for a pish, I started bouncing my leg, fiddling with stuff on the table and this distracted me for about ten mins. At this point I seriously thought about pishing myself or into a glass under the table.

Then I thought f**k this and tried a sneak move out the door, I manoeuvred away very quietly and didn't trip over anyone in the dark and everything was fine until I opened the large wooden door. It let out a massive creak like something out of a horror film. Cue everyone turning round and a few people tutted. I quickly went out and shut the door. Apparently when I was gone the CEO said "hmm a CLM" which apparently means a career limiting move.

I went back in and the usual sooky sycophants and gimps were tutting or laughing. Aye well done you can sit in a seat...

No job is worth torturing yourself, go for a pish I say.

Turned out the new ideas cost the company millions so...CLM, indeed.

Another officer, who was suffering from a stomach upset, soiled himself after being repeatedly denied access to a portable toilet as he did not have the correct accreditation pass. He had been denied a break despite asking five times.

For the rest of his shift he was happy as a pig in shit.

How did those guys make it to being police officers?! What utter pussies. And shitebags who lack dignity. Would I f**k pish or shite myself for any reason, especially work. Have a bit of respect for yourself.

How did those guys make it to being police officers?! What utter pussies. And shitebags who lack dignity. Would I f**k pish or shite myself for any reason, especially work. Have a bit of respect for yourself.

Only one was a "shitebag". The other one was a "piss artist".

Actually - I did hear similar before - I used to work at the airports ( visiting engineer ) and I remember we were told that " contractors were not allowed to use the toilets " - Which I ( and my colleagues ) made a big deal about - saying fine, if I need to use the toilet, will I will just go home ? Asking lots of questions and asking about health and safety etc and basically, as much as possible, making the guy who had tried to lay down this stupid dictat look like a dick ( job done :rolleyes: ) but no, nobody really needs to let themselves get dictated to like that and and only a complete idiot would (a) take any notice of such a rule (b) actually observe it.....

As for " does your job mean that much " ? good question and I think a lot of it depends on factors such as your age etc - when I started work in my first "real" job then work was very important - I moved down to Cambridge ( from Alloa ) with no money, nowhere to live ( a b+b for the first few weeks before living as a lodger ) no driving license / car etc and was happy to do so - now ? no chance !! :lol:

I remember being on a course over in the States and one of the American guys ( an older guy ) was on about how he had been telling his boss that he didn't have a " career " - he had a job - I remember thinking " what a miserable old bar steward " and now, when I myself am probably around the same age he was - I find myself in agreement with that sentiment.... I'm 41 and I have a good job but I don't want to " climb the career ladder " as the type of people and behavior I see from " career minded individuals " sickens me ( maybe a bit strong but you know what I mean ? ) What I'm looking for now is as much freedom as possible, be able to be myself and to have enough money to pay bills and not worry too much about the future.... I'm interested in shares ( I do a lot of share trading - mostly small amounts of course ) but I think I'm much more likely to strike it rich doing that than working 9-5 - Does my job mean that much ? not really anymore..... There are far more important things in life..... ;)

If i was working as anything and the rules says i couldn't use the toilet i would kick up f**k about it and no matter what would use the toilet if i had to go, its an absolute scandal that this would happen and a total embarrassment!!

As for a job meaning that much I'm studying civil engineering at the moment as i wanted out of the building trade where i was in since school as i thought it would be an easy option but ended up being sick of it all and wanting more, by more i mean more money and an enjoyable job and a good steady career so hopefully i will be able to achieve this without meeting too many shit heads. i would rather a job that i could be myself, not have to suck up to anyone and get some satisfaction out of it and be happy with what I'm achieving rather than just sell my soul to make more money. Would probably be happy with about 35 k for rest of my life

I fucking hate all the jobs I've had. That's why I try and schedule a 20 minute shite on the company dime each and every day.

I recently got pulled up for doing this, once in the morning and once in the afternoons the best way to go

I as once told "your break times are for trips to the toilet". They were told, in no uncertain terms, that if I so much as need a dribble of a pish or a twinge of a shite I was going to the toilet and that was that.

If I need the toilet at work I am going and that's an end to it.

Actually - I did hear similar before - I used to work at the airports ( visiting engineer ) and I remember we were told that " contractors were not allowed to use the toilets " - Which I ( and my colleagues ) made a big deal about - saying fine, if I need to use the toilet, will I will just go home ? Asking lots of questions and asking about health and safety etc and basically, as much as possible, making the guy who had tried to lay down this stupid dictat look like a dick ( job done :rolleyes: ) but no, nobody really needs to let themselves get dictated to like that and and only a complete idiot would (a) take any notice of such a rule (b) actually observe it.....

As for " does your job mean that much " ? good question

I remember being on a course over in the States and one of the American guys ( an older guy ) was on about how he had been telling his boss that he didn't have a " career " - he had a job - I remember thinking " what a miserable old bar steward " and now, when I myself am probably around the same age he was - I find myself in agreement with that sentiment.... I'm 41 and I have a good job but I don't want to " climb the career ladder " as the type of people and behavior I see from " career minded individuals " sickens me ( maybe a bit strong but you know what I mean ? )

Have to agree - also, it's too much hard work building a career, and I don't just mean hard work in the work sense.

Mind you, I would say that, I'm 61 and haven't even got a job, never mind a career! :lol:

It isn't a scandal t all. If he hasn't got the right accreditation why should he get in? Just because he hs got. Police uniform does that make his need greater than others? The scandal is that he didn't have it in the first place.... Which may not be his fault.

Archived