End of an era at Linlithgow today

sponsorsladdie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best of luck 'coach' with your move up north and i have to say my best memory of him was our trip to QOS in senior Scottish 2007, where he was doing his sponsored silence..............god knows how he done it, but he did!! Lol :)

His time, effort and commitment to the rose over the years has been commendable, as without people like coach at our clubs, the junior game wouldn't be what it is today.

HTG

Big John Gatt - the infamous Coach.

A nicer guy you will not meet - he was an expert in organising early buses to Scottish Ties and worked tirelessly as a member of the supporters club committee and will be a big miss.

Only going up North to stay and I'm sure he will make regular appearances.

All the best John.

Met the coach in The Roses club last season before a game, the guy was nice as ninepence. During the game he was a pain, but never heard him at any game abusing players from either side, I only heard him trying to encourage Linlithgow. So not a bad guy in my book!!

Big John Gatt - the infamous Coach.

A nicer guy you will not meet - he was an expert in organising early buses to Scottish Ties and worked tirelessly as a member of the supporters club committee and will be a big miss.

Only going up North to stay and I'm sure he will make regular appearances.

All the best John.

Well said. To confirm that we haven't totally seen the back of him, he'll be at lochee this weekend!

Best of luck 'coach' with your move up north and i have to say my best memory of him was our trip to QOS in senior Scottish 2007, where he was doing his sponsored silence..............god knows how he done it, but he did!! Lol :)

His time, effort and commitment to the rose over the years has been commendable, as without people like coach at our clubs, the junior game wouldn't be what it is today.

HTG

Aye, that might have been his best game! Haven't seen you for a while BH - catch up soon hopefully!

Coach Finest Moments.

1. Getting chucked out of Tayport's ground for chastising the lassie linesman.

2. Not being allowed to shout at QOS game.

3. When the ball got punted out the park at Whitburn, Coach jumped to catch the ball to get it back in play quick. We were 4-1 down at the time. As he came back down from his jump he tripped and fell backwards and landed in what looked like the jaggy nettles.

4. His finest though had to be when the east select was playing the west select and he was running along the terracing to encourage Mark Corcoran and he took a heeder and landed about six steps further down.

I reckon John moving North will put 10 years on his life and drastically reduce his blood pressure on a Saturday afternoon. Though I did hear Formantine and Ellen being mentioned as new teams to support........... I am sure whatever team he follows up there will enjoy his presence !!!

My fave story was waiting in the Rose club for a scottish cup game to get the OK before we headed off, I think it was Bellshill played at Cambuslang. Typical winters days, frosty surface and John was hanging by the phone waiting for a call to say if the game was on/off. One of the lads phoned sitting beside us phoned the club and told him the game was on. He turned round, happy as Larry and said that the game on boys. Someone asked him to confirm the guy was genuine and ask him his name.

Its OK guys John shouted , Dick Pullar has confirmed its on to much hilarity in the club. He took it well

Good luck John and best wishes for the future

Is this the guy who when beith visited recently was dressed sharply in a suit and was hanging around our dugout like a bad smell and winding up our management team?

He seemed annoying at first but moved away and continued the banter across on the far side.

A guy maybe in his 60s and prior to the game he was sat in the Linlithgow social club shouting and encouraging fans to come to his office ( which was his seat at a table) to pay a few quid for membership to join the supporters club bus for away games.

He seemed a bit animated the whole day but not too bad a sort to be honest.

Archived