9/8/14 Whitehill Welfare v BSC Glasgow

Rab B Nesbit

Looking forward to this one tomorrow as we become the first to host BSC Glasgow in the Lowland League.

Both teams go into this one on 4 points having record an opening day draws and comfortable wins in midweek. BSC rattled 5 past Threave without reply and it will be a tough one tomorrow for WW.

Obviously can't comment on previous games etc so here's the programme cover instead.

post-35012-0-88001500-1407546400_thumb.j

"Programme of the year runner up" :lol:

Sometimes it is the small things in life Mik … :)

Did you get a team list or any player profiles? I got a team list from an earlier posting but not averse to a bit of plagiarisation. there's a pint in it for you.

:lol: I'm not averse to bait of plagiarism either ha ha … the list on here was very handy and I managed to pick other names out of match reports on the BSC website. I will try to get their team list today for the match report and can send it over to you QE.

Twitter feed again please.....monte Carlo today.if newky turns up with one off then stupid polo shirts on ban the cant

Aye good one "Herbie" :P

The travel thread for this pish !

Right ww good 4-1 winners this afternoon through goals from Manson and a tosh treble. (one from the spot)

ww took a 1-0 lead through fine work from Steven Manson.

Tosh made it 2 after some excellent link up play.

Bsc had man sent off for an over the top tackle which at 1st i thought merited a red but on speaking to others to be fair some reckoned a yellow was sufficient.

Some cracking goals today bsc lad cut inside to fire a left footer into the top left hand corner.

They then had a cracking opportunity but for mcgurk in goal to make a world class save.

ww then go up park and get a pen to which tosh converts.

But biggest talking point of day was tosh collecting the ball midway inside the bsc half to play a couple of flicks before thumping the ball over the bsc keeper and into the net (if anyone can remember yeboah of Leeds goal of season then this was similar)

Have to admit when he started the move I said ffs tosh stop fannying aboot

Dohhhhh !!!!

Congratulations to Darren mcglashan who won the players player and wayne mackintosh who won leading goalscorer and fans/committee players of season 13/14.

Good luck to bsc who brought through a few fans to keep the Fergie park tills rolling.

Aye good one "Herbie" :P

The travel thread for this pish !

Right ww good 4-1 winners this afternoon through goals from Manson and a tosh treble. (one from the spot)

ww took a 1-0 lead through fine work from Steven Manson.

Tosh made it 2 after some excellent link up play.

Bsc had man sent off for an over the top tackle which at 1st i thought merited a red but on speaking to others to be fair some reckoned a yellow was sufficient.

Some cracking goals today bsc lad cut inside to fire a left footer into the top left hand corner.

They then had a cracking opportunity but for mcgurk in goal to make a world class save.

ww then go up park and get a pen to which tosh converts.

But biggest talking point of day was tosh collecting the ball midway inside the bsc half to play a couple of flicks before thumping the ball over the bsc keeper and into the net (if anyone can remember yeboah of Leeds goal of season then this was similar)

Have to admit when he started the move I said ffs tosh stop fannying aboot

Dohhhhh !!!!

Congratulations to Darren mcglashan who won the players player and wayne mackintosh who won leading goalscorer and fans/committee players of season 13/14.

Good luck to bsc who brought through a few fans to keep the Fergie park tills rolling.

Good summary Broon.

Wayne had a good day ... 3 keepy uppys and volleys in off the bar from 35 yards for his hat trick. Then walks away with motm award, last years top scorer and committee/supporters player of the year trophys.

Got to be pleased with a solid start. League duty on the back burner until Gretna at home on the 23rd.

Twitter feed again please.....monte Carlo today.if newky turns up with one off then stupid polo shirts on ban the cant

He played it safer yesterday and went for a plain lime green number from next.

Archived