Celtic vs Maribor

Wasps1

Hi Jambo99 and Killie-Lad, I'm a bit upset you think i'm a troll. I'am not sick in the head, i don't think i upset anyone with my comment. I'm a Celtic fan - not a supporter. Celtic played bad, Maribor were the better team. I like to remind people that it's good Scottish teams do well in European competition. I remember last season St Johnstone knocked out Rosenborg and it was hardly noted. And on a positive note Celtic are still in Europe. It was a joke when i said " I hope Maribor have broken the rules somehow so Celtic go through! " Because of the Legia Warsaw incident! lol This is my first post on this forum, i have never really used forums before - i might need to research forum etiquette, i don't want to be reported as a troll! I have read about trolls they are sick people.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Slovenes may be former Yugoslavs but they are lukewarm at best about football and their league is mainly semi-pro with crowds in an Alloa or Dumbarton sort of range. It's difficult to overstate how laughable this result is.

Slovenia have played twice at the WC since Scotland last qualified. Maribor reached the last 16 of the EL, and lost narrowly to the eventual winners. I think you may be overstating it actually.

A very limited starting 11, lacking creativity, but it was the right thing to do. Maribor played with an attitude that suggested they thought they gave us too much respect in the first leg. Much more aggressive, pressing high up the pitch. The danger of that game is the back line getting caught out by simple long balls, but we didn't have the pace to exploit that. In the end the deep lying 3 midfielders got in each other's way, so the HT change had to be done.

First 20mins of the 2nd half was much better. Commons made them nervous, and we should have taken advantage. Easy to say that he should have started, but he would have been knackered on the hour mark. Injury to Lustig seemed to swing things again, and the back-line switch exposed the defence quite badly. Goal was a shambles, but it was coming.

I find it very hard to fault the manager for any of this. He picked a team from what he had at his disposal, and the lack of technique, movement and fitness was alarming. The consolation I'll take for getting knocked out was the serious maulings we would have had in the UCL. Thanks, but we're not exactly desperate for the cash at present.

Maribor were a good solid outfit - settled team with a strong spine. They've worked their way up in recent years, and I think they deserve this break for their endeavours. Really liked the deep lying playmaker Ibraimi. Their workrate will spare them some severe drubbings, but they won't handle a strong physical opponent or genuine pace.

A very limited starting 11, lacking creativity, but it was the right thing to do. Maribor played with an attitude that suggested they thought they gave us too much respect in the first leg. Much more aggressive, pressing high up the pitch. The danger of that game is the back line getting caught out by simple long balls, but we didn't have the pace to exploit that. In the end the deep lying 3 midfielders got in each other's way, so the HT change had to be done.

First 20mins of the 2nd half was much better. Commons made them nervous, and we should have taken advantage. Easy to say that he should have started, but he would have been knackered on the hour mark. Injury to Lustig seemed to swing things again, and the back-line switch exposed the defence quite badly. Goal was a shambles, but it was coming.

I find it very hard to fault the manager for any of this. He picked a team from what he had at his disposal, and the lack of technique, movement and fitness was alarming. The consolation I'll take for getting knocked out was the serious maulings we would have had in the UCL. Thanks, but we're not exactly desperate for the cash at present.

Maribor were a good solid outfit - settled team with a strong spine. They've worked their way up in recent years, and I think they deserve this break for their endeavours. Really liked the deep lying playmaker Ibraimi. Their workrate will spare them some severe drubbings, but they won't handle a strong physical opponent or genuine pace.

Definately this.

Marvin Gaye was a better defender.

You can just hear Effing Fucking Ambrose sing "What's going on" when he gives the fucking ball away just outside the box or makes a passport run into the opponents half losing possession and being out of position. :angry:

You can just hear Effing Fucking Ambrose sing "What's going on" when he gives the fucking ball away just outside the box or makes a passport run into the opponents half losing possession and being out of position. :angry:

More like he was singing " oh, mercy,mercy me".

More like he was singing " oh, mercy,mercy me".

Celtic should just offer Ambrose to Rangers and pay Ambrose's wages so you can have the worst central defence available in the country along with Mohsni :) , two wrongs don't make a right but that pairing is most certainly comedy gold.

In fact Celtic should take Mohsni so the rest all have an even chance against Celtic ffs. :rolleyes:

Celtic should just offer Ambrose to Rangers and pay Ambrose's wages so you can have the worst central defence available in the country along with Mohsni :) , two wrongs don't make a right but that pairing is most certainly comedy gold.

In fact Celtic should take Mohsni so the rest all have an even chance against Celtic ffs. :rolleyes:

Inverness had an even chance lol

Archived