Weekend Betting - 9/10 August - Confirmed Bets

Gall09

is this not meant to be a discussion and not just a list of bets?

For what it is worth I really fancy Dundee tomorrow they have strengthened significantly and I think they will be in the mix for a top 6 finish if they get off to a decent start because they have a big fanabse and they will be at games if the club is doing well (sitting anywhere from 8th and above). Will be interesting to see how Killie get on without Kris Boyd after his goal haul last year. I saw 6/4 earlier in the week don't know if that will be available though. Not really had a look at the other fixtures yet but this would definitely be my NAP.

Fancy Dundee tomorrow as well. They have strengthened well in the summer and will have a good support at Dens as they kick off their return to the top-flight. The loss of Boyd can't be underestimated. Tankulic to score 2 or more at 8/1 appeals.

Alloa will struggle in this seasons Championship. They finished last season poorly and I can't see them getting anything away yo a competent Queens side who should be pushing for a promotion play-off spot this season.

Not so much bias as an opinion based on the match thread but I'm on Dumbarton to score over 1.5 away to Raith. Raith have been less than convincing in their first two outings; needing extra-time to edge past Forfar and losing to Dunfermline. Their fans are in less than confident mood and although the full-time team at home should never be underestimated I feel there is value to be had in backing the Sons. Our away record last season was good and we weren't shy in the goals department. Archie Campbell will give us pace up front and should compliment the attacking threat we possess in midfield. Can see goals in this one, hopefully more for the away fans to celebrate.

In the English Championship I fancy Derby to get off to a good start at home top Rotherham, purely because I feel they will have goals in them this season.

Two trebles;

BTTS and win, Derby, Dundee and Dumbarton (c.80/1)

Tankulic to score 2+, QoS -1 and Dumbarton >1.5 goals (61/1)

Also joining the Dundee bandwagon so this has the P&B curse written all over it.

Four-fold:

DUNDEE vs Kilmarnock

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH vs Alloa

Cowdenbeath vs FALKIRK

Queens Park vs CLYDE

NOTTINGHAM FORREST vs Backpool

HIBS vs Livingston

Cowdenbeath vs FALKIRK

PETERHEAD vs Stirling

MIDDLESBROUGH vs Birmingham

£10 returns £120ish

Totally blind guesswork this week tbh. I just lobbed a 10er on teams I expect to be doing well and hoping for the best. Just haven't had the time to have a proper look and I'm busy tomorrow morning.

Also put a couple of quid at Middlesbrough to win the Championship at 14/1. They've made some solid signings and Karanka is going to do really good things for them I think.

Hamilton, Ross County and Dundee United. Yogi's at Caley, and hoping St Johnstone and Aberdeen are knackered and a bit flat from their European adventures.

£5 > £150 odd

P.S.Stake returned as free bet my Mcbookies if I'm stupid, and the European games have made them sharp and match fit instead..

Anyone fancy Hearts this weekend? I got them at 3/1 but I'm sure there will be a lot better at other bookies.

Had a dream last night that I checked the halftime score and Hearts were 3-0 up so lump on my son.

First league coupon of the season.

MOTHERWELL v St Mirren

Cowdenbeath v FALKIRK

DUNFERMLINE v Brechin

MONTROSE v East Stirling

£5 returns just over £50.

Archived