Annans New Magazine

On the basis that clubs shouldn't make a loss but still produce a prog of sorts (isn't it a rule that they must??) what would be general opinion if a club simply produced a single sheet of A4 folded into 4 pages, Front page as a normal prog, back page as team lines with something in the middle 2 pages e.g. Manager or Chairman's column, fixtures, or similar and funded by adverts to avoid a loss. In other words a glorified team sheet but looking like a programme and selling for £1. It might be mainly for collectors but if it can be done without a loss and not much effort - why not?

I write articles for our programme at the Mo so I know how hard it is to get contributions but in this day and age it should be fairly easy to produce at least a single sheet A4 fold effort at a quid.

Going back to the 1950's The Mo used to do exactly what I'm suggesting now and so too did most other clubs including many top tier clubs. Maybe progs are going full circle again and personally I'd rather go that way than £3 magazines once a month which are probably still time consuming to produce and more costly.

Archived