Annans New Magazine

So Annan are replacing their weekly match programme with a monthly magazine and are looking for feedback from the fans.

I don't buy match programmes on a regular basis but with some new content and info, and more fan involvement I'd happily start buying these

So Annan are replacing their weekly match programme with a monthly magazine and are looking for feedback from the fans.

I don't buy match programmes on a regular basis but with some new content and info, and more fan involvement I'd happily start buying these

Piss poor - Brechin did away with their programme - disappointing that this trend seems to be spreading.

I would imagine it takes a fair bit of time to put together a weekly programme and like everything at this level, there aren't always enough volunteers to keep it sustainable.

I don't buy a matchday programme so it doesn't bother me, quite interesting to see other people's reactions to it though.

At a guess I think annan are left with loads of unsold program's after each home game, not many people buy them now. I am not saying there a waste of money but if your losing money on them you have to change something. Unless you wish to take the hit on the cost and aren't bothered either way..a change is as good as a rest or so they say

I think it is a shame that match programmes are beginning to cease at a number of clubs. I think your smaller SPFL clubs are probably in a difficult middle-zone in terms of programmes. Your big professional clubs will have the attendances (and therefore sales) to do a decent quality job that will sell in enough numbers to turn a profit. Your smaller non-league clubs are able to get away with a small lower-quality job and sell it at a low price but it will still turn an OK profit or at least break even. Clubs in SPFL1 & SPFL2 are stuck somewhere in the middle... not big enough crowds to see economies-of-scale, but neither small enough for the true "homemade" jobs to be acceptable.

Clubs at this level also get enough publicity or coverage in the media and online, and mostly have good enough social media operations, that people are accessing their information from other mediums. Editorials/features take effort to produce.

I used to buy a programme at every Berwick home game, but I stopped at Christmas - the price is now £2, and I felt the content had become fairly minimal.

Programmes were essential in the pre-internet era but are fast becoming irrelevant.

Stirling monthly magazine is decent enough. My gripe on our magazine is that the editors are Students from the Uni and not lifelong fans. Layout is usually great but the content can be thin at times e.g. Interviews with former players lack insight of the great games from that era and ask just fairly standard questions.

Programmes are like Newspapers in the current era - having to find a niche for themselves or dying.

Airdrie have also stopped programmes this season.

Been collecting programmes for years and its always good to look back at previous seasons programmes.

Programmes are about memorabilia, clubs need to realise not everyone has access to the internet.

Oh and the team sheet you get at Brechin is actually really good

The problem's pretty self-evident; "It's a shame that clubs are stopping producing programmes.......but I don't buy them any more". Added to that, it's a labour of love and if you don't have a couple of committed people willing to go over and above the call of duty, it won't happen.

We stopped producing programmes last year, but have an online version.

I miss the paper version.

Like Hampden Diehard says, QP stopped ours last season. They were actually a really good read, but as is the problem, i hadn't actually bought one for about 3 or 4 seasons. You get all the info online anyway.

Programmes were essential in the pre-internet era but are fast becoming irrelevant.

Got agree with this. Between my clubs' official site, twitter account, unofficial forum, this one, local paper etc., I get all the onto I need. I think the last programme I bought was a Ramsden Cup final one from 2012 as a souvenir. The Annan idea sounds good provided the content is original and varied.

I'll usually buy at away games - e.g. at East Fife on Saturday - as I'll know little about our opponents and it's always interesting to get an insight into what's going on in and around other clubs.

Of course, collectively, buying away and not at home will diminish all programmes, meaning there won't be any home or away...

As a collector for the last forty years or so, I'll keep buying as long as the programmes are there.

The Annan magazine looks quite good, nice and glossy, full colour etc, but there is no information about either of the visiting teams for the month covered. No penpics or even a squad list of the opponents. This is one area where I feel it needs to improve. Apart from that, it's better than nothing.

As a collector for the last forty years or so, I'll keep buying as long as the programmes are there.

The Annan magazine looks quite good, nice and glossy, full colour etc, but there is no information about either of the visiting teams for the month covered. No penpics or even a squad list of the opponents. This is one area where I feel it needs to improve. Apart from that, it's better than nothing.

As it was the first edition I'm sure the editors will take all feedback and adjust the magazine to suit all.

I personally thought it was far better than the usual programme.

Archived