Mo v Shirey Pirey 9th August

Maybe if both teams had a combined total of over 6 fans.

Seriously though, Mon the 'Shire. Montrose are a fucking embarrassment. Seriously, die.

only fucking embarrassment in Scottish football is you, you complete and utter fuckwit. SERIOUSLY f**k OFF AND DIE YOU PATHETIC WASTE OF SPACE. why don't you crawl back under that rock you came from and do us all a favour.

I think everyone in attendance will be hoping for death after watching this.

Montrose v The Shire. Just let that sink in. MONTROSE V THE SHIRE.

Lowland league 6 pointer coming at ye.

only fucking embarrassment in Scottish football is you, you complete and utter fuckwit. SERIOUSLY f**k OFF AND DIE YOU PATHETIC WASTE OF SPACE. why don't you crawl back under that rock you came from and do us all a favour.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know it's easy to blame me for your shitty little team's never-ending shortcomings, but it really isn't my fault. You should look closer to home. Maybe if you considered recruiting players and staff outside of the Berminter Triangle that is Angus you'd get somewhere. As it stands, you shouldn't even be in any of the national leagues, let alone the Lowland one. You're a joke club who have never once shown ambition to move to the next level, relegation is the very least you deserve.

Rest assured that rather than crawling under that rock, I'll be celebrating treble this season as the two sleeping giants Clyde and Berwick finally awake to win promotion, while the coma of a club that is Montrose take their first steps towards oblivion.

Huge game for the Rose this with them being at home against fellow strugglers. Think it will between Rose and East Stirling come the end of the season so if it's close they could both look back at this fixture as an important one.

Huge game for the Rose this with them being at home against fellow strugglers. Think it will between Rose and East Stirling come the end of the season so if it's close they could both look back at this fixture as an important one.

Bookmarked for casting-up purposes! :)

We have never been known as 'Rose' BTW

Montrose had a great second half performance after a turgid and borderline unwatchable first 45 minutes.

Paul Harkins made his debut and Bell, after two wretched showings at left back, was replaced by Ross Graham, with Declan O'Kane making a start for the first time, alongside Steven Robb.

The first half was dire, living up to what some wags call "The Dead Wood Derby". On a sunny and windy day both sides created very little for the first half hour, Montrose passed it slightly better but it was poor fare. Other than a McCord shot which whistled just wide, there was very little to get excited about. Shire had a couple of free kicks which never looked dangerous.

The game turned around 35 minutes when a Montrose raid saw the ball whipped into the box. The ball was headed against someone, dropeed the the ground and hit Campbell before trundling in. A scrappy goal but much needed.

Shire were out early for the second half but Tully's minimalist tam talk didn't do them any good. I think Montrose had had a rocket from Shields as they came out as though scalded. If Tully had hoped that Shire might keep it tight and try to get back on terms, his stratgey lasted for about two minutes. A lung bursting run from the blue-booted Johnston- easily Montrose's man of the match, saw the ball switched across to the on-rushing right back Terry Masson. From the edge of the box Masson curved a whistling missle past the helpless Barnard in the Shire goal, with Shire's defence peching and panting about 20 yards off the pace.

Montrose had other chances, Wood waking up from a long, long pre-season hibernation. He got the third after another fine run down the standside touchline from Johnston, who burst into the box and seemed to be fouled. Just as he was falling and his arms were going up for a penalty appeal, the loose ball broke to Wood, lurking on the edge of the semi circle, and he unleashed a murderous sidewinder with a very short left-foot backlift. The ball curved in a perfect arc just inside Barnard's right hand post.

It was game over then for Shire but frustratingly Montrose swithced off a little bit for 5 minutes, enabling them to pull one back through someone or other. McCord received the most cretinous red card since the days of John Gemmill, for handling the ball in the middle of the park, when there was no need to- as he had already been booked, he was off. Just before the end a clumsy foul right on the edge of the box was given Montrose's way- even although it seemed to have happened just inside the box. After consulting the linesman, the referee overtuned his original free-kick decision and pointed to the spot, leading to a long and historionic moan from Shire's "Bolo". Once "Bolo" had been persuaded to pipe down, Wood despatched the spot kick with aplomb to complete a surprisingly comfortable afternoon for Montrose.

Both sides were dreadful in the first half but Montrose's display in the second was really encouraging, so credit to the players. Day came on for Harkins and put in a bustling cameo- both these players look like good acquisitions. I still feel we are a striker light but there is time to put that right.

A bad start for Shire and this does look to be their most inexperienced team for some years. They worked hard, and had one or two quite tidy players but overall looked a bit toothless. I am sure they will improve on this, though- if not then a long season lies ahead.

Fell a bit better about the season ahead after that second half today.

Archived