Goalkeeper Required

LARSSON

Muirkirk Juniors are currently seeking a Goalkeeper for the upcoming season which kicks off on Saturday coming

If you are interested please contact me on the number below ASAP

Billy Arthur: 07563286514

Cheers

There's a severe lack of gks going about just now. I'm trying to fix up 3 clubs just now but its hard tbh which makes me ask the question why aren't senior clubs farming out young keepers for experience when I first came into the juniors there's where loads of boys from senior clubs farmed out to get game time and to toughen up

There's a severe lack of gks going about just now. I'm trying to fix up 3 clubs just now but its hard tbh which makes me ask the question why aren't senior clubs farming out young keepers for experience when I first came into the juniors there's where loads of boys from senior clubs farmed out to get game time and to toughen up

It might just be my perspective but id say it's because clubs are running with smaller squads in general. A decade ago clubs would typically have a first team keeper, a reserve and a youth keeper but now they only go with one senior keeper meaning the youth goalies can't go out on loan in case of injury to the first choice keeper.

It might just be my perspective but id say it's because clubs are running with smaller squads in general. A decade ago clubs would typically have a first team keeper, a reserve and a youth keeper but now they only go with one senior keeper meaning the youth goalies can't go out on loan in case of injury to the first choice keeper.

fair point mate

There is a definate lack of goalkeepers out there, we had one in but he was travelling from Greenock to Muirkirk so he stopped coming. Cheers anyway JC

A few years back we had boys from Morton on loan who could still play for Morton at the same time. I think Craig Black had this arrangement. Dunno the ins and outs of it

A few years back we had boys from Morton on loan who could still play for Morton at the same time. I think Craig Black had this arrangement. Dunno the ins and outs of it

I know players away on loan can still play for their parent club in the development league but even if the rules allowed it ( I doubt it ) I can't see a player being available to play for both clubs first teams.

Someone should go have a look at keepers up this way mate, the boy at mill utd ammies looked decent n there's also the mill utd 21's who got to the scottish semi last season, few decent we players iv been hearing at them last season n maybe too old for 21's now, also there's the strathaven amateur team n 4 or 5 East Kilbride teams, surely there will be a good goalie between them that would fancy a crack at junior

Archived