The Tell Him He's Pelé 2014-15 League 1 preview

Alright lads,

Tell Him He's Pelé have gone done a preview for the forthcoming League 1 campaign - CLICK.

As always, if there's any major boobs in there let us know and we'll amend them. The transfers are always a bugger.

If you fancy, please take the time to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.

Cheers!

Not exactly a major boob but Pars' young defender is Lewis, not Lee Martin. Otherwise excellent! Quite agree about old JJ being the possible weak link, rather than any part of the squad. There's a natural succession in place with Potter & McCann - unless they get poached before they get to take over. The conveyor belt of very good u20s threatening the experienced boys's starting places means we could field two very strong first 11s - no excuses for us not to win the league.

Not exactly a major boob but Pars' young defender is Lewis, not Lee Martin. Otherwise excellent! Quite agree about old JJ being the possible weak link, rather than any part of the squad. There's a natural succession in place with Potter & McCann - unless they get poached before they get to take over. The conveyor belt of very good u20s threatening the experienced boys's starting places means we could field two very strong first 11s - no excuses for us not to win the league.

Just one wee thing. Tony Wallace has joined BSC Glasgow from Morton.

Good stuff as usual though!

Many thanks, that's been amended.

Finding out where players have disappeared to is usually a tricky business. Must give a shout to Stirling Albion again who posted several updates on their site detailing where their summer departures wound up - very helpful.

Great write up for us, wouldn't disagree with any of it. Campbells come good on the signing front and with Stewart Petrie coming in on the coaching side I can't see us playing anything like the levels of hoofball of recent seasons and for what it's worth I also reckon we'll finish 3rd.

We also signed Aaron James - a defender from Edinburgh City - who looks already to be a bit of a find.

• Did anyone honestly think we'd run Rangers any closer than we did? Really?
  • Slight typo in 2nd paragraph, "have might have lost their interest in the division."
  • I love the site but there seems to be a fascination with the word fascinated

Cheers, appreciate the feedback.

Having done a CTRL+F, "fascination" only pops up three times in that piece (in 6807 words) but I think I'll pick up a thesaurus next payday.

Pretty accurate on Morton i think. Decent read.

I'm curious. Do you ask fans of clubs to assist wit this as you seem to know how teams have played and even how partnerships are forming at this early stage.

From that, it reads that you have seen every teams pre season and cup games?

Pretty accurate on Morton i think. Decent read.

I'm curious. Do you ask fans of clubs to assist wit this as you seem to know how teams have played and even how partnerships are forming at this early stage.

From that, it reads that you have seen every teams pre season and cup games?

I can only speak for myself here, but a lot of what goes into the previews is based on last season - we'll have seen guys performing last year and will have had a pretty good idea of what they're about (which is why writing about Dunfermline Athletic was so easy, given I'd have seen all their new signings about two or three times each last year). There's plenty on the site already so sometimes it's a case of looking back over what's already been written. I'll also have watched any available highlights online and make judgments based on them. In some instances, like you say, I've got mates who support the various teams and can pick their brains. The four writers also tend to follow the same clubs over the course of the season so it's easier to get to know what you're writing about.

In Greenock Morton's case, it's pretty easy to look at the squad and see where the problems lie. On top of that, Jonathan Mitchell of the Greenock Telegraph seems to know his stuff so I read some of his reports on their website.

"And will Lewis Coult ever be taken seriously?"

Hahahaha for some reason that line cracked me up

In my 2nd season with Morton in FM I had got promoted but lost all my strikers to suspension or injury or been sent out on loan. He was available on a free so I signed him up on £100 pw with a £1,000 goal bonus to get him to sign expecting him to start the first game then sit on the bench until everyone was fit and pap him off in January and the c**t had the cheek to score 12 goals in the first month and then none whatsoever after that.

So no

Pieces like this always enduce and ensure seethe from fans of clubs predicted to badly. Ayr fans seem to have accepted it will probably be a struggle this year so I reckon Airdrie fans have taken over East Fife's place this year

Archived