So, that's pre-season over, are your team ready ?

glensmad

The Ardagh and the Central Sectional are both diddy cups....... Until you qualify from the section then it's a cup.

It's always good to win the first silver wear of the season without doubt

The quarters and semis used to be played on a Saturday,now its midweek and sometimes well dark if it goes to pens.The sectional cups have had their day,the league and Scottish is all that matters now.The West Region is stuck in the past.

The quarters and semis used to be played on a Saturday,now its midweek and sometimes well dark if it goes to pens.The sectional cups have had their day,the league and Scottish is all that matters now.The West Region is stuck in the past.

did I mention that the East no longer wastes the entire month of August? You boys will only just get going and you'll be downing tools to go to the fuckin Blackpool illuminations. Excellent approach I'd say ...

As you say, friendlies aren't always a gauge of how things will unfold, but I will keep an eye out for your results as was very impressed when we played you.

Have you held onto all the players that played against us?

Yes all players have signed on and captain Newman, top scorer Moore and new signing Daly have been added or came back since the game with yourselves.

Hope it a positive season. I know securing position in the central 1st will be main priority but hopefully Wishaw put on a show and compete at right end of table.

Do you fancy your own sides chances?

Pretty decent pre-season.

Beat Rangers 4-1, St Anthonys 5-0, Linlithgow 3-0, Johnstone Burgh 13-0, drew 3-3 with Pollok & lost 3-1 to Kilmarnock.

Always hard to tell until real stuff starts as friendlies are all about getting the team fit & ready.

A don't think any team's are really ready especially in the west till after the sectional league cup games,never get the impression that there played like friendlies but obviously guys aren't as fit or sharp as they might be,leading to games not been as high tempo.

Archived