tonights scores

whitburn exile

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didn't have any passengers tonight - that's very harsh. Yes the goal was poor from our perspective but otherwise we completely dominated the entire game. I sometimes wonder what it takes to just acknowledge that missed chances apart, that was close to a complete performance. Really encouraging in terms of fitness, ball retention and movement. Keep that up and we've got some season in front of us.

I don't disagree with most of that - but despite everything it looked very much (albeit a travesty) that it could have ended in a draw. (2 late penalties required)

Their goal was a direct result of a midfielder not tracking back with a player who ran some distance without hinderance to score with their only chance. Of our three centre midfielders for me Nelson had the least influence in the game and for me if he had shown some discipline in sitting in front of our defence he would have been far more effective.

We have again failed to complete 90 minutes without conceding a goal and that has to be a concern.

But overall there are certainly green shoots - for me one maybe two players short of the finished article.

Green shoots??? We battered them for 89 of the 90 minutes. We had loads of good possession, loads of chances and loads of energy. The goal was a disappointment but in the context of how we played it was a blip. Are you looking for a perfect game every week? I know I tend to see the positive even when we're dire but I don't think Danny will be anything other than delighted with that start.

Took in thorniwood v lanark. Game of 2 halves thorniwood striker ran the lanark centre halfs wild for the first 20 minutes. 2nd half totally different game lanark were excellent played some great football dominated possession full backs were very attack minded big centre midfielder came on changed the game thought they wher unlucky.Bottom line thorniewood took there chances. Good luck to both

Green shoots??? We battered them for 89 of the 90 minutes. We had loads of good possession, loads of chances and loads of energy. The goal was a disappointment but in the context of how we played it was a blip. Are you looking for a perfect game every week? I know I tend to see the positive even when we're dire but I don't think Danny will be anything other than delighted with that start.

Not a game so far without losing sloppy goals has to be a concern a problem we had last season also.

Yes we battered them for 89 minutes but that 1 minute could have been very expensive.

All very well focussing on the positives but ignore the negatives at your pearl. I always think the best teams start from a solid defence.

Not a game so far without losing sloppy goals has to be a concern a problem we had last season also.

Yes we battered them for 89 minutes but that 1 minute could have been very expensive.

All very well focussing on the positives but ignore the negatives at your pearl. I always think the best teams start from a solid defence.

First game and you're like a vulture circling.

Fair enough but surely you were impressed by the way we moved the ball, closed them down (99% of the game) got into spaces from which we created dozens of chances, played with energy and commitment and completely dominated a game which could have been tricky. Yes I might ignore the negatives at my peril but you're the one who believes in a balanced view. I haven't seen that. You've all but overlooked the 80 minutes of complete control to express your worry about one incident where we let them run at us. With the exception of that brief period, we were miles in front all over the pitch. I would be much more worried if we were not getting the ball to Coco. But we are and he's too good a player to make a habit of missing that many chances every week.

I like balance as much as the next man but the space you've given what is wrong with the team is 10 times what you've given in terms of all the things we did right.

I know from experience that you won't change that perspective and sometimes it does is good to see that different view but sometimes I wonder what is expected of a Junior team. Others would give their right arm to have a squad like this.

First game and you're like a vulture circling.

Maybe if you had been able to attend then you would understand my comment - 90% of my comments on last night are positive so don't just focus on the fact I mentioned a negative from last night. That is called giving a balanced view.

Some only mention positives and that is not a balanced view?

Hill of Beath 2 Ballingry 1

First half was pretty even with Ballingry having the better of the chances. Hill of Beath dominated the 2nd half and deservedly went ahead. Ballingry scored a well worked equaliser on the break and nearly held on. The winner came in injury time but it was definitely deserved.

Archived