The Tell Him He's Pelé 2014-15 League 2 preview

Your friends over at Tell Him He's Pelé have written up their League 2 preview of the season ahead and I'd appreciate it if you had a look - CLICK.

All ten teams are ranked and rated and examined for your pleasure. This season, we've even thrown in some predictions! Snazzy!

If you fancy it, please take the time to follow up on Twitter and like us on Facebook.

As always, if there's any glaring mistakes - particularly with the transfers, they're always a bugger - then let us know and we'll get it amended.

Many thanks.

Edited to add: the link to the article itself, Jesus wept.

right for top 6 / bottom 4 IMO. In what order these teams finish is anyone's guess.

For what it's worth, I think Albion Rovers will win the league, and QP will not be bottom of the pile again. Elgin will surprise a few people in my opinion and do better than many are predicting.

It's going to be a nervy season.

The blurb on us re 2013/14 was chillingly spot on, but we will be a different beast this year. We are still hopeful that Davie Anderson will hear the call and be back, phoenix-style, to lead us to greatness (or at least ninth), but no sign of that yet. We were truly awful last year but fans of other sides seem to have dismissed how unremittingly bad everyone else in the division was. Peterhead were a shadow of their former selves, yet won the league quite comfortably. Annan were a wee bit better than usual, but not a good side, and Stirling will have a hard shift in a higher division unless they sort themselves out. Everyone else was fairly gash last year.

We were pretty awful against Berwick in the Petrofac, with several players making their senior debuts and the team nowhere near settled, but they couldn't beat us over 120 minutes, about half of it with 10 men, and we had a perfectly good goal chalked off. We'll get much better and it won't take much to be better than at least one other side in the division.

We used well over 50 players last season, that is ridiculous, we have a much smaller squad but I think it's a lot stronger and we actually have proper wingers in McAleer and Cook. We should do very well this season I think.

Queens Park are very much an unknown quantity with the amount of Junior players they have brought in but with McPherson in charge I doubt they will be as poor as last season.

I think ourselves Annan, Albion and Clyde will be fighting it out for the league.

Queen's Park's impending season summed up in eleven words or phrases derived from the THHP League 2 Season Preview:

"foot of the table"

"recruited almost exclusively from the junior and amateur ranks"

"almost unrecognisable"

"no experience of senior football"

"unable"

"will have a job on his hands"

"bolted together"

"the hirsute Bryan Wharton is a professionally trained kickboxer"

"looks out of his depth at this level"

"frequently ill-disciplined"

"lacked cohesion"

I expect that the post-season review will feature at least nine of these.

I reckon QP will do enough to land above 9th. Might not be world beaters but it looks as though a decent team spirit could forged. GM knows what he is doing and the club understand what is on the line.

I think we will do ok if we can get another striker in.

First might be a bit over top, but certainly think we're capable of 2nd-4th. Our form after Cameron came was 2nd in the league behind the vastly superior Peterhead. Doubt a team will come close to the quality of them this season.

We haven't lost anyone decent and we're far more settled at the back with Fairbairn and Tulloch our obvious first choice. If we can't beat last seasons performance where we were a shambolic mess for about 3 months under Little id be very surprised.

First might be a bit over top, but certainly think we're capable of 2nd-4th. Our form after Cameron came was 2nd in the league behind the vastly superior Peterhead. Doubt a team will come close to the quality of them this season.

We haven't lost anyone decent and we're far more settled at the back with Fairbairn and Tulloch our obvious first choice. If we can't beat last seasons performance where we were a shambolic mess for about 3 months under Little id be very surprised.

Aye, that's all well and good but when are you going to get a strip where the socks and the jerseys are the same shade of gold/amber/yellow/bronze?

Archived