Pars v Bairns Tuesday August 19

Gaz FFC

I'm not interested in all this shite nonsense.

It's not like if I put a name up you are gonnae turn round and say your player should be hung for dragging the game back to the dark ages.

Consider this my last post on this topic.

Goodbye.

:bairn

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights - we were lucky to still be in the game at ht.

However, the Botti Incident is farcical. It's a blatant stamp by the Pars player, who goes out of his way to walk over him, stamp on his calf and then saunter off.

As for the "headbutt", it really is in the Lafferty territory.

I'm not expecting Biabi's red to be rescinded due to the way he chased down the Pars player and his reaction after the red (which is daft). But there surely has to be retrospective action taken for the stamp and the simulation on the "headbutt".

I have every confidence that pictures and video when they become available will show botti up for the cheat and thug he is.

Just seen the "headbutt" and it's never a red card.

However, the Botti Incident is farcical. It's a blatant stamp by the Pars player, who goes out of his way to walk over him, stamp on his calf and then saunter off.

As for the "headbutt", it really is in the Lafferty territory.

Well, someone has been shown up to be a cheat and thug anyway, but it's not Botti. Doesn't appear that he'll be getting that ridiculous 5 match ban you were suggesting earlier in the thread then. :1eye

At the time and from behind the goals I thought Millen stamped on Botti who reacted embarrassingly with the rolling all over the place. I also thought he'd headbutted Millen. The highlights from a different angle confirm Millen stamped on him (and it wasn't after Botti "dived", the two were wrestling and Botti ended up on the ground) but then the two squared off. There's no obvious contact before Millen falls to the ground but I can see why the ref thought there was.

So Millen stamped on Botti and Botti rolled around like a poof.

Botti then squared up to Millen and Millen rolled about like a poof.

The only contact was Millen stamping on Botti so Millen is a thug and a poof.

Falkirk should put the incident out there to show how pathetic ross millen actually is. Having watched it again it's exactly how I told it last night millen stamps on biabi when hes on the ground then biabi jogs over to millen they have verbals then they square up and millen hits the deck just like lafferty. Mcgrandles refused to shake millens hand at the end so millen shook hands with alston then went straight down the tunnel. Absolute detest players who feign injury to get a player sent off, yes biabi does a few tumbles but he actually gets stamped on. Hopefully justice prevails and in my eyes millen should get a longer ban than biabi. Pathetic.

Not read the thread post-match, but my thoughts as thus:

On the game - I felt we played pretty well. It was a tight game and I thought we gave as we good as we got for most of it. It was a bit cagey to begin with, but we had the best chances of the first half. MacDonald's save from Page was superb - although I think Page may have been a bit surprised the ball fell to him - but Moff's header was a sitter. You'd stick your house on him scoring a free header from six yards and that was a pivotal moment in the game.

The substitutions Falkirk made early second half - bringing Sibbald and Bia-Bi on (who, ironically, did well to reduce Lewis Spence's influence) made a difference. Bia-Bi got the better of Page too easily but was a good finish from Taiwo, and the second goal again was a great finish. Outside of the foot, a real deft touch and Scully had no chance.

The team could've folded but, credit to them, they kept at it and got a goal back. Geggan finished it well but I think Falkirk's management team must be questioning their defending at the set-piece.

Now, onto the red card. Seemed a bit of a tangle and while Bia-Bi told Houston Millen stamped on him, I honestly couldn't tell that from my position. It was a bit of a melee but headbutting Millen, right in front of the ref, was utterly ridiculous. There was no need to do it, and the referee was only ever going to have one option. He's also lucky not have received a second red for lashing out at Josh Falkingham thereafter - if the officials have spotted that and it's in their report, he could be in for a lengthier ban.

That said, while the goal gave us a lift, we didn't do enough to get an equaliser. We didn't have many chances after that and Falkirk saw the game out well in the end.

While I didn't go overboard in being critical on Saturday, I won't go overboard last night. We competed well and put on a decent performance - first half was good from us - but we need to be more ruthless in front of goal. Lewis Spence played well and was my MoM for us last night.

Overall, a decent enough game with some talking points thrown in. Onwards to Saturday!

Just seen highlights, clear as I seen at the game, Millen stamped on Botti, he made a meal of it, he gets up and Millen said something to him to entice him over to confront him, he doesnt touch him but pushes his head in a forward manner not to headbutt him but doesnt albeit Millen falls like Tyson punch at his peak has hit him. I do hope we put this out on you tube, showing up Millen Jnr is a chip of his dads block. As Houstie has mentioned in his interview, you cant do what Botti has done,simply get him back later in other ways.

We have accepted the punishment, it may even be a bad thing for Botti, as we have now signed another striker. He hopefully will learn from it as his actions last nite usually equals red card albeit no headbutt was in place, time will tell. The Sfa or SPL seem now to be acting on video evidence, would be interesting to see if the mickey mouse cup is valid enough for taking the obvious stamp into consideration for action, it definitely would result in red card or more if it was in an SPL game.

Still we move on and await to see who we get in the next round, its one of these competitions that as a championship side, have never took seriously till the semis or final or a tie like last nights takes place, I probably wont even go to the next round.....still nice to be in it......!!!

. Absolute detest players who feign injury to get a player sent off, yes biabi does a few tumbles but he actually gets stamped on. Hopefully justice prevails and in my eyes millen should get a longer ban than biabi. Pathetic.

And as shown by his fantastic, phoenix like recovery he wasn't injured, he was feigning injury to get sent off.

Fair play to Millen, guy tries to get him sent of with some hilarious play-acting, Millen gets back at him, love it.

First half we were not good enough. We didn't move the ball quickly enough and gave the Pars too much space. Our front players were too isolated and Dunfermline were getting a lot of joy exposing the space behind Liam Dick when he tried to get forward.

Olu was poor, sluggish to 50/50s and constantly too slow when picking out a pass. It just wasn't happening for Alston (who I expected to score at least 1), but we were much better after changing to 4-4-2.

Two lovely finishes from Taiwo, though the Dunfermline player made a hash of clearing it shortly before his first. Geggan's header was a poor goal to concede from our point of view, and a stupid challenge from Sibbald in the first place. At 2-1 I thought we were pretty comfortable though, even with 10 men.

Which brings me on to Ross Millen, the cheating c**t. Took a dive vs Cooper in the first half as well. Going down like a little girl when he wasn't touched to try and get a 17 year old sent off was pathetic, as was high-fiving his teammates after Botti got his red. I don't know what was funnier, the wee fannies running along the front of the Norrie, or your announcers attempts to pronounce his name. Or the fact we won. Again. So...GIRFUY :thumsup2

I agree with what is said above other than why did the Falkirk player roll about?

No Falkirk fan has mentioned this conveniently,

I hope Millen does get suspended if he cheated.

Archived