Pars v Bairns Tuesday August 19

Gaz FFC

Dunfermline have been the better side, in the sense we're not letting Falkirk play. Missed a couple of glorious chances.

Falkirk to wake up in the second and win by a couple.

It's a pretty poor support in fairness.

Same old shit, everyone can see it coming apart from the manager.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very frustrating again.

First half we were on top and should've and probably could've scored two or three.

Second half Falkirk changed it and we lost two bad goals, first one is typical from us. Just feckin clear it for a corner! Second goal good finish but sloppy defence leading up to it.

I thought Williamson again showed what he can do, was on five mins. We scored from a free kick from his run and then Falkirk had to bring on a sub to double team him and he still got past them.

Jefferies and the team obviously stopped passing it to him and instead used Drummond who couldn't beat a drum.

With the right manager and tactics we would've won the game easily tonight.

Time to go Jefferies.

This is hilarious, there were some in our ranks that were calling for Murray's head after you pumped us out, there must be a curse attached to winning the cup, ah well, it's passed on to the Bairns now.

Better side in the first half and should have really went in ahead. Salmond reffed the half horrifically, half the Falkirk team should have been booked but he bottled it everytime, then he books geggan for not much (albeit he was fortunate not to get booked for his earlier challenge)

2nd half we started ok but page decided he was going to make an arse of things and we found ourselves chasing the game. I think we deserved our goal, but after the sending off Falkirk parked the bus and we struggled to break them down.

About the sending off, the guy just absolute lost it for no reason. He got fairly tackled by Martin and then when Martin got up he started rolling around in a complete attempt to con the ref, when he realised he wasn't falling for it he headbutts millen and then goes for spence. Absolute idiocy. He'll be lucky if he gets anything less than a 5 game ban.

Falkirk fans were booing millen but I'm not really sure what they expected to happen. 9/10 if a player does something like that the person who they have hit goes down, far better that than reacting and getting themselves sent off too.

It's not based on one result in a derby we've been amateurish and off the pace for the entire year and it seems like he can't fix it.

It's very frustrating to see your team dominate then shoot themselves in the foot time and time again.

About the sending off, the guy just absolute lost it for no reason. He got fairly tackled by Martin and then when Martin got up he started rolling around in a complete attempt to con the ref, when he realised he wasn't falling for it he headbutts millen and then goes for spence. Absolute idiocy. He'll be lucky if he gets anything less than a 5 game ban.

Falkirk fans were booing millen but I'm not really sure what they expected to happen. 9/10 if a player does something like that the person who they have hit goes down, far better that than reacting and getting themselves sent off too.

I'll bite, Millen looked to have stamped on him. He then looked to have dived under no contact whatsoever. I think there was another Dunfermline player threw an elbow at Tawio in the melee after but it all kicked off then so difficult to judge.

The reaction from Bia-Bi was over the top but it certainly looked like Millen should have been sent off for stamping on him then took a dive under no contact whatsoever. Would hope the camera(s) caught it and Millen punished severely if I'm right. On the other hand if he did headbutt him then including the reaction it's probably at least a 4 game ban.

If someone stamped on you why would you roll about?

Surely if it hurt you would keep the area off the ground with your weight on it?

Guy was at it, Millen is about two stone so probably wasn't a dive.

:lol:

No excuses for attacking another player, total heads gone.

I'll bite, Millen looked to have stamped on him. He then looked to have dived under no contact whatsoever. I think there was another Dunfermline player threw an elbow at Tawio in the melee after but it all kicked off then so difficult to judge.

The reaction from Bia-Bi was over the top but it certainly looked like Millen should have been sent off for stamping on him then took a dive under no contact whatsoever. Would hope the camera(s) caught it and Millen punished severely if I'm right. On the other hand if he did headbutt him then including the reaction it's probably at least a 4 game ban.

A head butt involves pulling your head back then releasing it with force on to the other guy's face, not blowing him a fucking kiss! Millen cheated, pure and simple. There are far too many players now who feel it's ok to react to something like that as it's 'part of the game'.

I'm not condoning Botti for chasing Millen and confronting him, in fact I shouted to him to calm down at the time as the outcome was so predictable. He'll learn though, he's only a wean ffs.

So what the Falkirk fans are saying is that 19 year old Ross Millen is a seasoned pro who conned the ref to get Bia-Bi sent off. From my vantage point he was lucky to only get the one red card.

Its really ridiculous to claim there was no contact. It was very very clear he headbutted Millen, the force is completely irelevent, but it was significantly more than what walker has been pulled up for.

I'm not claiming there was no contact (although I wouldn't be surprised) but, yes I am saying that Millen conned the referee. What I'm complaining about is players who think there's nothing wrong with going down as if shot by a sniper when there's absolutely nothing to go down for and I would include any Falkirk player that did the same!

Had Botti gone down like that holding his face, how would you have felt about it? Unfortunately (or fortunately?) he's not 'mature' enough to have thought about it.

Peter Houston's comments were spot on.

I'm not claiming there was no contact (although I wouldn't be surprised) but, yes I am saying that Millen conned the referee. What I'm complaining about is players who think there's nothing wrong with going down as if shot by a sniper when there's absolutely nothing to go down for and I would include any Falkirk player that did the same!

Had Botti gone down like that holding his face, how would you have felt about it? Unfortunately (or fortunately?) he's not 'mature' enough to have thought about it.

Peter Houston's comments were spot on.

Bottie would have been blatantly cheating, as he was seconds before , had he gone down. It's as ridiculous to suggest had he gone down Millen would have been sent off, he wouldn't have, because guess what, Millen didn't headbutt him, Bottie headbutted Millen. It wasn't two players going head to head, it was one player acting like a thug.

Millen stamped on young botti when he was on the deck(the rolling about was rather embarassing though) then botti squared up to millen but there was no headbutt it was exactly as someone has suggested identical to the lafferty incident then after the sending off botti completly lost it and should be rightly punished for it but millen in my eyes should be banned through the sfa looking at the incidents again.

I have every confidence that pictures and video when they become available will show botti up for the cheat and thug he is.

Likewise Millen, similar incidents both, botti over exaggerated the stamp albeit there was more contact than the botti smooch... Both are embarrassing, if u can't see that then netball is more ur game

Onto game,turn up for 15 or so mins an win isn't ideal but heyho. Fifers shudve been 1 or 2 up at half time, outstanding save by McDonald made sure it was 0-0...

Botti superb in set up of first goal an superb finish by Tawio as was the 2nd....enough said on the incidents already,only I hope cameras have picked up on both,tho feel may have only caught the stamp as 2nd incident was off the ball

Put it this way..............any Falkirk supporter trying to justify our guy's behaviour after the red card really is an idiot........it's totally unjustifiable. Any Pars fan trying to justify Millen's behaviour is an absolute idiot. Millen will now have to live with what he did, and the last thing it needs is supporters scrambling around trying to justify it.

Two young players who now have to do things differently in the future, or face having not an ounce of credibility between them. One completely lost the plot at the perceived injustice of it all, the other chose to feign injury in order to get another player sent off. Neither can be proud of what he did.

Archived